None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4538 posts
948 upvotes
Vancouver

Voided Cheque or direct/Pre authorized form

Ok i have a beef with this; I was trying to set up my link with new TD account using PCF. I called CS and they told me an voided cheque is needed but I had a preauthorized form with all my info printed on it directly from TD and they wouldnt accept that. Now I have to wait for my TD chqs and then mail it out afterwards. What a pain!
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7342 posts
816 upvotes
GTA
hesp wrote:
Aug 1st, 2009 11:57 pm
Ok i have a beef with this; I was trying to set up my link with new TD account using PCF. I called CS and they told me an voided cheque is needed but I had a preauthorized form with all my info printed on it directly from TD and they wouldnt accept that. Now I have to wait for my TD chqs and then mail it out afterwards. What a pain!
We had this same problem with ING when my husband tried to open his account. Absolutely had to be a cheque with the pre-printed account info. ING would not accept that form from TD that you had either. Guess PCF is the same. Inconvenient, but we had to get a cheque for ING too.
Jul 8, 2009
643 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried printing their own cheque for this purpose?

I know banks usually stipulate that you are ony allowed to use their approved cheques and they have the right to refuse anything else - and charge a penalty. But for a void cheque, which is not a valid payment instrument anyway (just an account info carrier) could anything bad happen?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18444 posts
3114 upvotes
GTA West
For ING, I faxed in a real cheque that I scanned and then photoshopped the word "VOID" onto it. They accepted it.

I wonder if they would know the difference if you just photoshopped an entire cheque together and faxed it over to them. Considering that FAX is not exactly a high quality transmission, they probably would not know a thing.

I have also mailed / faxed print-outs of scanned+photoshopped cheques for a number of other things and have NEVER had a problem.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Mar 23, 2004
37492 posts
3924 upvotes
Markham
yes pcf is an ass since they ONLY take void preprinted cheques and NOTHING else.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」