Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23915 posts
9471 upvotes

voip.ms DID Sale ONT/QUE

Just got this email from voip.ms

[QUOTE]New Reduced Rates on Canadian DIDs

Dear Customer,

For a limited time, VoIP.ms is offering permanent savings of 33% on the monthly fee for DIDs in 120 Canadian Rate Centers.

All the rate centers normally listed at $1.49 monthly fee (on per minute plan) are temporarily lowered to only $0.99 per month. Please note that if you order during the promotion time, your DID will retain the $0.99 monthly fee permanently.

This promotion also applies for new number porting orders of the listed rate centers. Ported-in numbers will be activated with the $0.99 monthly fee.

The offer applies for the following rate centers:

Quebec:
Aylmer, Beauharnois, Beloeil, Boucherville, Chambly, Chateauguay, Chomedey, Coteau du Lac, Cowansville, Gatineau, Granby, Hudson, Hull, Ile Perrot, Lachine, Laprairie, Laval East, Laval Ouest, Les Cedres, Longueuil, Mascouche, Montreal, Pointe-Claire, Pont-Viau, Quebec, Rigaud, Roxboro, Sherbrooke, Sorel, St-Bruno, St-Constant, St-Eustache, St-Jerome, St-Lambert, St-Remi, St. Vincent de Paul, Ste-Genevieve, Ste-Julie-de-Vercheres, Ste-Rose, Terrebonne, Valleyfield, Varennes, Vaudreuil

Ontario:
Amherstburg, Ancaster, Aurora, Barrie, Belle River, Belleville, Binbrook, Bradford, Brampton, Brighton, Burlington, Campbellford, Carleton Place, Clarkson, Cooksville, Cumberland, Dundas, Espanola, Essex, Fort Erie, Frankford, Galt, Georgetown, Gloucester, Grimsby, Guelph, Hamilton, Harrow, Hespeler, Jockvale, Kanata-Stittsville, King City, Kitchener-Waterloo, Lively, London, Maidstone, Malton, Maple, Markham, McGregor, Milton, Mount Albert, Mount Hope, Newmarket, Niagara Falls, Oak Ridges, Oakville, Orleans, Osgoode, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Port Colborne, Port Credit, Preston, Richmond Hill, Sarnia, St-Catharines Thorold, Stirling, Stoney Creek, Stoney Point, Streetsville, Sudbury, Thorndale, Thornhill, Thurlow, Toronto, Trenton, Unionville, Waterdown, Welland, Wheatley, Windsor, Woodbridge, Woodslee, Wooler

* Limited time offer . Offer valid for new orders only. All prices are in USD.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Ontario/Quebec count as "Canada" I want more DIDs in Alberta/BC.
1621 replies
Jul 16, 2006
109 posts
3 upvotes
Quebec City
I would like my ported DID to have a lower price. Currently stuck at $1.99/$0.0149. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2004
2216 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa
death_hawk wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 6:09 pm
Just got this email from voip.ms

Apparently Ontario/Quebec count as "Canada" I want more DIDs in Alberta/BC.
Hmm wonder how long this will go on for.. i was planning on signing up in June when we move. Should i just order a DID now?
Feb 2, 2007
194 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
sucks that existing customers don't get this rate as well
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23915 posts
9471 upvotes
barrist wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 6:37 pm
Hmm wonder how long this will go on for.. i was planning on signing up in June when we move. Should i just order a DID now?
I would. $1 per month isn't exactly bank breaking.
Assuming it goes up, 2 months will cost you $2 and 4 months of regular price will break you even. Anything beyond 4 months = profit.
Mar 16, 2004
434 posts
19 upvotes
how's the quality of their service?

good enough for a business environment?

anyone with heavy voice usage using these guys?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3298 posts
1526 upvotes
Halifax
I think one would be better off buying sip settings from freephoneline.ca even if it does cost $50. Good for temporary purposes, I suppose.
Dec 26, 2007
399 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal
akmeikle wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 6:57 pm
sucks that existing customers don't get this rate as well
+1. Still good service though.
bacid1 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 8:22 pm
how's the quality of their service?

good enough for a business environment?
One of the best in the industry. Very business friendly, always improving and coming up with new, solid features at no added cost. If they were doing an IPO I'd invest in them; I like their service that much. I do however wish they had SMS pass-trough available like Acanac does, but haven't tested/checked that lately.
Jul 7, 2009
106 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
Why pay for it if I can get freephoneline for free?

or for only 60 CAD (only once forever) if you want use your ATA
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3325 posts
3153 upvotes
Montreal
You will have to pay $1.50/month for E911 service with voip.ms... freephoneline.ca cost you nothing for E911 service...
Sep 27, 2009
724 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary
Voip.ms has a TON of extra features compared cu freephoneline.ca. For simple calling freephoneline is OK, but if you want extra Voip.ms is better.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3083 posts
606 upvotes
Aurora, ON
X360 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 9:32 pm
You will have to pay $1.50/month for E911 service with voip.ms
I didn't bother with the e911 fee..you don't have to take it. I figure, we have 911 on our cell phone....
I signed up a month ago so just missed out on the DID sale...I was rather disappointed that they're giving the deal to their existing customers only 'temporary', whereas if you're new, you get it permanently.
Otherwise I have no compliants with the service.
Nov 27, 2006
416 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
what type of equipment do you need to hook this up?
May 17, 2005
159 posts
1191 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2010 9:39 pm
....I was rather disappointed that they're giving the deal to their existing customers only 'temporary', whereas if you're new, you get it permanently.
Otherwise I have no compliants with the service.
This was posted on another forum from a voip.ms employee (I e-mailed them and they have adjusted my monthly price to $0.99 per month permanently) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r241003 ... adian-DIDs:

"You can ask support to apply the new rate to your existing DID's, I'm pretty confident they will give it to you, if it's currently @ 1.49

This kind of promotion is to be able to reach new rates with the carrier (Pricing Plateaus), this then let us reduce prices permanently for ALL customers. Reducing all customer existing DID's now is financially impossible.

Note that it's currently marked as a temporary offer, not a permanent change. This all depend on the volumes we reach. At the time of your purchase, we were unable to offer you the product at the price of this new promotion.

Send an email to get the rate, the last thing we want is to make our customers feel mad.

Hope this help

Regards,
--
Martin - VoIP.ms"