[OP]
Aug 30, 2019
487 posts
416 upvotes
Brampton

voip.ms offering free porting now

Retailer:
voip.ms
voip.ms is offering free porting now. anybody looking to switch to voip phone now is the time.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3729 posts
700 upvotes
Mississauga
I have voip.ms for years now and it's been quite good. Nice that they offer free porting in.
There's also a referral program that helps with the sign up.
Feb 23, 2010
85 posts
66 upvotes
I ported last week and it went through yesterday :(
Despite my disappointment... Been happy with their service though.
Aug 23, 2019
230 posts
140 upvotes
You should post this in hot deals. This is actually worth posting there and it has been posted there before.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1557 posts
669 upvotes
Markham
I've used them in the past and they were great, customer service is top notch too. Do they have an app now for calls and texting?
cd ~/cloudbox
May 28, 2016
41 posts
80 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: I've used them in the past and they were great, customer service is top notch too. Do they have an app now for calls and texting?

We use for our home phone. VoIP adapter in the house. Incoming calls also routed to our cell phones. Have a sip client app on the phone if I want to make outgoing while away from home.
Cant beat the price - about 20bux a year for light usage - and a phone at home for the kids/sitter.
Nov 19, 2014
101 posts
259 upvotes
Central AB
From their email regarding this announcement, sounds like it's not a limited time promo but a permanent price change (to free) for number porting.
Starting today, we now offer FREE* porting across U.S. & Canada for Local & Toll-free DIDs!
I've had my mom on voip.ms + Fido's data plan for a whole year. Happy with it, only con I can think of is not being able to send/receive mms through voip.ms
Oct 20, 2006
971 posts
86 upvotes
Waterloo
Never used that service before
How does it work if I want to call out and receive call from a smart phone, as a second line?
Do I need install an app?
Does texting work?
How is the connection reliability and calling quality?
Apr 8, 2007
620 posts
95 upvotes
Not supporting pix kills the real for a lot of guys ...
Living in this big world, I have a little dream.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA
I don't think it was ever $30USD to port---I paid what was the regular price of $8.75 USD last September
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2300 posts
926 upvotes
Surrey
How is this compared to Fongo?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2431 posts
561 upvotes
Belle River
ovovov wrote: Not supporting pix kills the real for a lot of guys ...
Care to explain what that is? I have never heard of it but I did a quick Google, it's a Cisco firewall?
Feb 28, 2002
729 posts
215 upvotes
Alberta
They've also recently added a ton of New Rate Centers in Canada.

Much more likely you can port out your home phone to a VOIP voicemail (to email) service.

And yes, the port fee was $8.75US, but you do need to start with a minimum $15US payment.
Fido 3 GB 100% - 50%
Public Mobile Fall 2016
Aug 15, 2018
16 posts
18 upvotes
How is this in comparison to parking a Canadian number at Numberbarn.com?