None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2778 posts
255 upvotes

VOIP Service Question! Help!

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, after using Bell landline for over 10 years, I switched to VOIP provider - ItalkBB.

Since I am using my existing number (x), how does it work? I have FAV 5 and this number (x) is on it. When I actually dial this number (x), I am actually calling this number right? SO no long distance charges will occur?

I even double check with my phone and it does show I dialled this number (x)...I just don't want long distance charges piling up..

Thanks in advance!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2778 posts
255 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
Feb 10th, 2014 2:48 pm
You can use http://www.localcallingguide.com/ to calculate if a call is local or long distance.

For example: http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_ex ... xch=017790
Thanks for the chart.

But my question is for the actual number I called (x), is this the number (x) I actually call? Or does it get routed into another number?
add me!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4703 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote:
Feb 10th, 2014 3:20 pm
Thanks for the chart.

But my question is for the actual number I called (x), is this the number (x) I actually call? Or does it get routed into another number?
So you're asking if the number you dialed is the number you dialed? Why wouldn't it be?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2778 posts
255 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 10th, 2014 3:58 pm
So you're asking if the number you dialed is the number you dialed? Why wouldn't it be?
Yes, that's my question :p

I used a Pay as I go Phone and it seems like I was charged long distance eventhough both were local numbers.
add me!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4703 upvotes
Even if it was forwarded, it was terminated at the number you dialed first.
Contact your originating carrier (ie cell phone company) and find out why they billed it as a long distance number.