Careers

Volunteer opportunity's for a Grade 9 student in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2010 1:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto

Volunteer opportunity's for a Grade 9 student in Toronto?

Im a grade 9 looking to do 10 volunteer hours this year (really want to do them during the school year Not the summer) i have found some things but none interest me... The only things i have really found are like hot lines for the Gays/bi's or disabled stuff like that, its alright but it wouldnt really be my first choice. Any suggestions?
5 replies
Apr 27, 2007
226 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
wwedx wrote: Im a grade 9 looking to do 10 volunteer hours this year (really want to do them during the school year Not the summer) i have found some things but none interest me... The only things i have really found are like hot lines for the Gays/bi's or disabled stuff like that, its alright but it wouldnt really be my first choice. Any suggestions?

go to your old elementary school and ask them if they need some volunteers after school. Thats what some students are doing at the school I'm at.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
unknown1 wrote: go to your old elementary school and ask them if they need some volunteers after school. Thats what some students are doing at the school I'm at.

+1
thats what I did but then i volunteered way beyond my 40hrs.
Aug 31, 2006
998 posts
168 upvotes
You could volunteer with a sports team at your school...I did scorekeeping for 3+ years and went way over the 40 hour mark. Lots of fun too, and got free food, t-shirts, met a lot of people and watched some great games.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)