Nov 24, 2012
237 posts
86 upvotes
Saint-Laurent

VPN Unlimited Infinity: Lifetime Plan - 10 devices

Price:
Savings:
89%
VPN Unlimited is one of the leading VPN providers on Earth, and now, with the release of Infinity VPN, they're separating from the field. With all of the same outstanding online privacy and protection services, Infinity leverages your usage to 10 devices. Now all your devices can get in on the security fun!

https://shop.popsci.com/sales/infinity- ... 000003SYCJ
29 replies
Dec 16, 2010
99 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I've had it for 6 + months, only use it occasionally so the lifetime plan made sense for me. There are specific servers you have to use for torrents, the faster local one (Toronto) will sometimes disconnect when it gets busier. My secondary one (Paris) seems more stable but definitely slower. My internet max is about 1.5 MB/s, and the Toronto torrent server meets that. Don't know how fast it can go if you had faster connection.
Jan 21, 2009
240 posts
25 upvotes
Tempting to get it, It would be mostly for torrents though
Sep 2, 2007
20 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to get a VPN and came across this link on the same site:

https://shop.popsci.com/sales/windscribe-vpn

Could someone help shed some light one which they would prefer and why? The windscribe one comes in at about $5 cheaper with no device limitations. Thanks!

Also...lifetime? Has anyone had an experience where lifetime wasn't lifetime and a company just pulled the plug?
Jul 17, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
Im in the market for a good VPN. I almost got Nord VPN but after a bit more research decided against it.
Feb 27, 2015
475 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rbwilliams07 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 8:59 am
Im in the market for a good VPN. I almost got Nord VPN but after a bit more research decided against it.
Why?! I was just about to get them?
Nov 21, 2016
23 posts
4 upvotes
time to get a torrent free VPN since I kept got warning letters from HBO for downloading game of thrones
OneVPN seems a good one for bit torrent from the review.
Mar 7, 2011
68 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga
I've used Nord and they're very good based on my experience
Recently switched to PIA (got a better deal) which has also been very good and is generally recommended by peeps

If you need something free there's also Opera Browser or Opera VPN.
Highly recommend using at least this if you're on public wifi.
No idea if they support P2P.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40169 posts
9433 upvotes
Is this for the subscriber's lifetime or the VPN provider's?

VPN Ghost or something like that screwed me royally.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4029 upvotes
Oakville
alanbrenton wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 10:00 am
Is this for the subscriber's lifetime or the VPN provider's?

VPN Ghost or something like that screwed me royally.
All "lifetime" deals have to be researched pretty thoroughly. If the provider has only been around a little while, I'd shy away from a lifetime deal unless it was an exceptionally good price. The one from the OP seems to have been around for a couple years at least, so that's something.
Public Mobile
Nov 8, 2009
70 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
nimenkanne wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 9:35 am
time to get a torrent free VPN since I kept got warning letters from HBO for downloading game of thrones
OneVPN seems a good one for bit torrent from the review.
Just ignore them. Nothing they can do about it.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4029 upvotes
Oakville
chevywu wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 10:14 am
Just ignore them. Nothing they can do about it.
Well, in theory HBO could sue you, but there's a $5000 cap for so it's not really worth it for them to do so. However if you get enough of these, your ISP is probably within their rights to cut you off.

I've gotten two in recent weeks, after years of never getting any. I don't do much torrenting, just once in a blue moon to pick up an episode of a show that I can't find anywhere else. HBO in particular seems to be pretty vigilant about monitoring torrents of their shows. If I can find one of these VPNs for cheap enough I might snag one, split it with a buddy or two.
Public Mobile
Nov 24, 2016
98 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
I got 39$ for a lifetime VPN from them 2 years agao. It's very unstable when I was using in China, I guess the Chinese GFW is too powerful