Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for $29 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2016 12:36 pm
Dec 23, 2011
22 posts
3 upvotes

VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for $29 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
94% off
Expiry:
September 29, 2016
Details & Requirements

VPN work with torrents or P2P
See VPN countries with servers here
Use on up to 5 devices simultaneously; you can delete existing devices at any time (1 per week), and then add new ones to have 5 total activated at a time
Please contact support@keepsolid.com with questions regarding compatibility with your router/setup
For technical questions, please see the VPN FAQs here, or contact them directly at support@keepsolid.com

Compatibility

iPhone 4 and up
Android 4.0 and up
Mac: OS X 10.9 and up
Windows: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Linux: Debian GNU/Linux 7.0, Ubuntu 12.04+
Windows Phones: Windows 8.1, Update 1
Language options for iOS, Android, Mac OS X and Windows: Arabic, Chinese (simplified), German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Spanish,Turkish
The service is available for setting up on Wi-Fi routers
This product is available to residents of China

Terms

All sales final
Instant digital redemption

http://www.pcmag.com/review/344816/keep ... -unlimited

4.5/5 rating by PCmag

Converts to $39.16 CAD (no tax)
Pretty solid speeds if you use the France, Paris server but for some reason the Toronto, Canada server slows down sometimes (I live in Ottawa).
The only real downside is there's only around 80 servers but you can't ask for much at this price.
53 replies
Nov 25, 2013
262 posts
38 upvotes
I am visiting China in a few weeks. Gmail is blocked in China but I have to log in Gmail and check emails. Can I buy this VPN to avoid the Great Firewall?
Mar 19, 2009
440 posts
248 upvotes
OP, can you please post the speed that you got from different servers, including P2P? Thanks!
Feb 18, 2012
971 posts
621 upvotes
Victoria
Looks like they keep your logs for 7 days. Also appears peer to peer only works on certain servers.
Nov 27, 2013
30 posts
33 upvotes
Westmount, QC
bookmate wrote: I am visiting China in a few weeks. Gmail is blocked in China but I have to log in Gmail and check emails. Can I buy this VPN to avoid the Great Firewall?
OpenVPN (which is probably what they're using) is blocked in china. You'll have better luck setting up your own server and using ssh tunnels or openvpn over stunnel (tls).
Feb 16, 2013
478 posts
68 upvotes
bookmate wrote: I am visiting China in a few weeks. Gmail is blocked in China but I have to log in Gmail and check emails. Can I buy this VPN to avoid the Great Firewall?
set up outlook/thunderbird or forward it to another email if vpn doesn't work
Dec 4, 2015
34 posts
16 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Interesting. I spoke with support a while back and they said they do not keep logs. Not sure what to believe or maybe frequent policy changes...

Also have a friend who uses the service in china without issue. That's around a year back though.

Update: Found this link here https://blog.keepsolid.com/vpn-service- ... e-answers/ seems like they don't keep logs other than amount of data used. Surprised to hear from support telling me Netflix US can now be used on a PC with one of the streaming servers. Definitely will check to see if that works.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1304 posts
1523 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just used the Opera browser has a built in vpn.

Seems to work when I surf stuff from PirateBay. :)
Jan 12, 2012
559 posts
1090 upvotes
Calgary
I see that Kaspersky is adding a VPN to their AV. $30 a year unlimited VPN
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
You get what you pay for. The aggravation is probably going to quash any savings.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
calgaryholmes wrote: I see that Kaspersky is adding a VPN to their AV. $30 a year unlimited VPN
Do you want the Kremlin watching or the NSA, your choice.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28909 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hikurashi83 wrote: VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for $29 USD
Who's lifetime? Mine or theirs?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
bylo wrote:
hikurashi83 wrote: VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for $29 USD
Who's lifetime? Mine or theirs?
Unfortunately theirs, unless self harm due to frustration is involved. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
aleunge wrote: Interesting. I spoke with support a while back and they said they do not keep logs. Not sure what to believe or maybe frequent policy changes...
I suggest reading https://vpncreative.net/2016/01/08/upda ... son-board/, and then the response below.

"All data points on my spreadsheet are unbiased and independently verifiable. Anyone can comment and post a link to a source with corrected info which stays on the record for the public to view. The updated Reddit post and subsequent exchanges can be found on Reddit by searching my post history. I check and update the spreadsheet every day"

If Keep Solid is reaching out for corrections (and appears to have based on the number of servers comment), and if that spreadsheet hasn't been updated, I trust the spreadsheet a lot more than the blog. I strongly suspect they do keep logs for a few days and then delete them. Regardless, VPN Unlimited has anti-copyright infringement policies in place. They do not support torrenting.

More importantly,

"In case users are suspected of activities, which are declared illegal by the laws of countries where the local KeepSolid Inc. servers are hosted, we may log information, which is necessary to prove the user’s innocence and protect our service. This logging of data will be only partial and we will not collect any user’s private data. It will be terminated when all necessary proofs are collected."

https://www.keepsolid.com/terms

You can interpret that statement how you want.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Dec 4, 2015
34 posts
16 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Webslinger wrote:
aleunge wrote: Interesting. I spoke with support a while back and they said they do not keep logs. Not sure what to believe or maybe frequent policy changes...
I suggest reading...
Interesting indeed. I'm curious since I've been using VPN Unlimited for quite a while now, mostly for Netflix US viewing. I've brought up the info you provided with the support I was talking to. Will update if they provide anything concrete.

Also, if anyone is interested, it does indeed work with Netflix US. It wasn't when Netflix first started blocking it, but now, it works great! Not sure how long it will work and how stable the fix is, but so far so good! (for those interested, you have to turn on "DNS leak fix" and pick one of the streaming servers (not the torrents or no torrents servers))

Update: The official reply I got: "I specifically contacted our managers regarding this matter. They told me that if we are obliged by a legal warrant from law representatives, we may theoretically log necessary information. But currently we do not log any users activities. There is a difference between the possibility of logging and actually doing so. We have to include this statement in our Terms for legal reasons." Not sure how to take that... guess if you will be doing anything that can result in a legal warrant, you'll have to look elsewhere?
Last edited by aleunge on Sep 28th, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: I just used the Opera browser has a built in vpn.

Seems to work when I surf stuff from PirateBay. :)
I used to use Opera like 15 years ago largely due to it's superior speed and minimalist interface. Opera was Chrome before Chrome came out. Then Chrome came out and I switched. I just installed it now and I'm loving all the built in features (like built in adblock and the VPN that you mentioned that I wasn't even aware of). It's great how it automatically picked up all my Chrome settings, including bookmarks and site log ins, without skipping a beat. I will definitely give Opera a good go and see how it does for the long term. The VPN seems to be pretty speedy so far - I don't know whether they keep logs or not, but frankly I'm not planning on hacking the Pentagon so I don't care about that too much. Thanks for helping me rediscover this awesome little browser.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Any suggestion of logging is a red flag. I interpret VPN Unlimited's policy as 'I'll log whenever I feel like it, but i don't have to tell you. Ever.'

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)