Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription for $29 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2016 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1343 posts
151 upvotes
Thinking of giving this a shot. What are the chances that someone will be tracked for DL "common material"......it's not like I'd be surfing for weird stuff on the deepweb via TOR.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2426 posts
635 upvotes
London
the streaming server... Still retry tonight
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3144 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
so what's the consensus, would this work for China?
Nov 25, 2013
262 posts
38 upvotes
ah_long wrote: so what's the consensus, would this work for China?
Yes. This works in China, both on phone and Mac. Connecting to the Hong Kong server is better.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
I will say windscribe does disconnect quite a bit. It is a newer service, so I have faith they will get most of it fixed eventually.

If you plan to bittorrent then you should avoid VPN Unlimited - they will sell you out in a heartbeat, and will purposely log you even more when requested. You might as well have gone hidemyass lifetime if you didn't care about logging. That company's been around longer than vpn unlimited or windscribe. HMA will also sell you out if a lawyer comes knocking.
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
bookmate wrote: I am visiting China in a few weeks. Gmail is blocked in China but I have to log in Gmail and check emails. Can I buy this VPN to avoid the Great Firewall?
GFW even blocks tools you can use to get around the Walls (e.g OpenVPN ports)
setup your own shadowsocks server before you go and use shadowsocks to get around the GFW
that's what I did, and I use bandwagonhost to set my server
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2426 posts
635 upvotes
London
nes123 wrote:
brucedlx wrote:
nes123 wrote: Netflix is working again now.Turn on keepsolid wise on account tab then network settings.Tested on on browser via PC.
Just tested this again and it still does NOT work.
I live in Canada and I use US-Washington server to view US netflix. What server do you use?
OK This worked... but how do you know that Washington works? There's a lotta diff US servers. Anywhere to check which one actually works on Netflix, Amazon etc?
Jan 1, 2015
44 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
brucedlx wrote:
nes123 wrote:
brucedlx wrote:

Just tested this again and it still does NOT work.
I live in Canada and I use US-Washington server to view US netflix. What server do you use?
OK This worked... but how do you know that Washington works? There's a lotta diff US servers. Anywhere to check which one actually works on Netflix, Amazon etc?
Few months ago when neftlix started cracking down users using vpn,this server worked for a couple days but stopped eventually then its back now.I mainly use Washington server because I feel like its more faster since I'm near the server which I might as well access us netflix.I'm not sure if there's a way to check servers which support netflix,amazon,etc but prob you can do it manually which I haven't tried yet and haven't use vpn for amazon. GL though !
Dec 20, 2012
728 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Private Internet Access
Been using this for almost a year to download stuff.. pretty fast also...
Fido $45
Unlimited Canada Calling, Unlimited Global Texting/MMS, 5GB Data
Twilight 128GB Hauwei P20 Pro
Sep 5, 2010
935 posts
368 upvotes
I'm curious as to why people all of a sudden use VPN for torrents? I've been torrentign my whole life but not until recently have I started seeing people in masses start using VPNs for it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
sony17 wrote: I'm curious as to why people all of a sudden use VPN for torrents? I've been torrentign my whole life but not until recently have I started seeing people in masses start using VPNs for it.
I've haven't been torrenting quite that long (maybe I'm older than you) but I've never had any legal issues apart from a couple of bogus Notice and Notice e-mails from my ISP that went nowhere.

What are people so afraid of?

Same thing with log retention policies. Why does it matter if an ISP keeps logs for a few days (as opposed to much longer periods like weeks or more)?
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
it's not worth the trouble for copyright infringement lawsuit in Canada, if I remember correctly the max fine is capped @ $5000
buy I use VPN anyway because my own firewall blocks the ports and I don't want to open it :D
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1426 posts
139 upvotes
IS there a conversation here on RFD about VPN's ?
I'm looking to go with NORD VPN @ $4 a month x 24 months or $96 for 2 years as they are a top rated VPN But as I torrent Speeds have been a HUGE issue in the past for me and I would like to here form other RFD members who are with this Company?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
Have you guys ever thought about setting up your own VPN server and connecting to it? You can get VPS servers (basically a virtualized linux server in a data centre) - for around $10/month. The fact that it's in a data center will basically guarantee good network speeds.

Depending on the specs of the VPS server, location and the provider - you should be getting pretty good network speeds.

There are plenty of guides online to setting up an OpenVPN server via command line in a Linux distro. For example: Setting up OpenVPN server

In terms of VPS providers have a look at the offers here. Do LowEndBox offers

That being said, make sure you do your homework on VPS providers. This is a business in which companies come and go all the time. Also, since we are talking about "Virtual" servers - unscrupulous providers will often oversubscribe their servers - thus affecting your speeds.