• Jul 14th, 2017 8:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4923 posts
1576 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Melkor wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 3:19 pm
what's the return policy on warehouse deals?

edit: nevermind, wife boss says no :(
Fixed it for ya!
Winking Face

Oh well, probably for the best.
Racing in VR for hours on end, with your arms and hand on the wheel exactly mimicking what you are doing would probably also bring up the "you love that stupid thing more than me" argument as well, LOL!!!!

Looking at the current Steam prices, I can't believe the haul those who participated made during that Winter Sale.
For the current pricing of Dirt Rally, I picked that up plus three other AAA racing titles (Project CARS GOTY, rFactor 2 & Automobilista) along with a few DLC packs.
Those were crazy deals, along with a lot of other VR content as well!!!!!!

Glad to see you're enjoying your OR + Touch.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5771 posts
1207 upvotes
I just finally played Sports Bar VR. I bought it during the PSN sale last month but never got around to playing it until now.
I would not recommend this game unless it falls back to around the $10-15 range because only Air Hockey really stands out.
I could not find where the table tennis is set up if it is there at all.

Games can be played solo against the CPU, or you can play others via the online multiplayer if you can find people.

The Air Hockey is done well and it is definitely the best one out of the Sports Bar games included.
The game gives you an option to sit down or play standing. I was playing using two move controllers.

Pool is awkward because you have to teleport around to reposition yourself around the table, or get up and walk around if you have the space maybe.

The roller ball is less accurate and not as good as the one found in Carnival Games VR.
There is also a chess table but I think you need to play against somebody online to get it to work properly.

From the video I recorded, my field of view is actually wider than what my capture device recorded. From my perspective
through the VR headset, I could see the entire edge of the table, the goal crease and could look down to see my feet.

I got rid of Drive Club VR and Robinson: The Journey.
Drive Club is okay but nothing special and a big visual downgrade from the PS4 game and I really disliked Robinson: The Journey.

Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4923 posts
1576 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 4:12 pm
I got rid of Drive Club VR and Robinson: The Journey.
Drive Club is okay but nothing special and a big visual downgrade from the PS4 game and I really disliked Robinson: The Journey.
While I agree with you that DriveClub suffers from a visual downgrade when compared to the PS4 version, the immersion factor is through the roof when using it with a full sim setup (racing seat/wheel/pedals/etc.)
It's unfortunate that Sony decided to close the studio after release, as I bet they could have tweaked it for the PS4 Pro and made it look outstanding.
Oh well.....thanks Sony. :rolleyes:

Tonight I tried playing the original DriveClub, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa & Dirt Rally with my PS4 on the TV, and it just isn't the same anymore.
After having played all of those games in VR over the past month (the other three are on PC with a DK2 HMD) I honestly feel like I'm done with 2D driving games....can't go back.

Perhaps sitting VERY close to the TV may help, so that's something I'll need to try when playing non-VR racing titles.
Damn you technology.....tarnishing how I used to play, LOL!!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2030 posts
221 upvotes
ncr
Anyone excited to try re7 on psvr when it comes out tomorrow?
Nov 22, 2013
80 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
s1301950 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 10:50 am
Anyone excited to try re7 on psvr when it comes out tomorrow?
This game is the only reason I want to get PSVR. Someone, please post a mini-review when playing in VR. Man, I would love to try RE7 in VR though for a few mins to see how intense it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2030 posts
221 upvotes
ncr
get it from bestbuy. i'm sure you can return it if it's not your cup of tea
Aug 31, 2006
221 posts
87 upvotes
s1301950 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 12:04 am
get it from bestbuy. i'm sure you can return it if it's not your cup of tea
It's considered a headset, so you can only return if unopened. That's why I have been hoping it would show up on costco, but not holding out hope.
Feb 11, 2009
369 posts
61 upvotes
I played about an hour and I really like it. Whole experience is pretty intense and the game itself is great so far. Classic style RE game.

My only issue is that I did get a little dizzy after playing for an hour, however, they did a great job of providing a ton of settings which you can play around with to help with it.

100% recommend.

spurs0901 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 11:22 pm
This game is the only reason I want to get PSVR. Someone, please post a mini-review when playing in VR. Man, I would love to try RE7 in VR though for a few mins to see how intense it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2030 posts
221 upvotes
ncr
KooJo wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 1:55 pm
It's considered a headset, so you can only return if unopened. That's why I have been hoping it would show up on costco, but not holding out hope.
find it hard to believe.. for something like vr, it's extremely subjective. people might like the idea but some cannot take it. some might get dizzy, nauseous from the experience. With the lack of demo station from sony, how can bb expect people shell out a grand on it and can't expect to return. I hope it's YMMV. It's like they have a policy saying no return open box console that have game in it. but people have done it.
Feb 11, 2009
369 posts
61 upvotes
The T80 does not have force feedback, would not recommend spending money on it as it really kills the immersion.

I got a T150 off CL for $175 and love it. Take your time, keep looking, once a good price comes up, jump on it!
Melkor wrote:
Dec 30th, 2016 9:00 pm
I looked into the Thrustmaster T80 and the 458 Ferrari spider edition for Xbox One. From what I've read it seems that there's compatibility issues with them on PC. I'm an Xbox One gamer, but I'm on interested in a wheel for VR. So it doesn't matter what I get. I saw one on Microsoft store for $199 (forget model name) but it's out of stock. I would have grabbed that one for sure. I think $199 would be the highest I'd be willing to pay for a wheel.

Man, I wish I could get Alien running in my CV1. I haven't had the shit stared out of me in a while.

Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your steam shopping!
Aug 31, 2006
221 posts
87 upvotes
s1301950 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 3:09 pm

find it hard to believe.. for something like vr, it's extremely subjective. people might like the idea but some cannot take it. some might get dizzy, nauseous from the experience. With the lack of demo station from sony, how can bb expect people shell out a grand on it and can't expect to return. I hope it's YMMV. It's like they have a policy saying no return open box console that have game in it. but people have done it.
s1301950 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 3:33 pm
this was from october 3rd. have the policy changed?
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Sup ... rue#M20030

This is what I was referencing, but maybe YMMV?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/return ... c1075.aspx

"Returnable within 30 Days - Only if Unopened: Virtual Reality Headsets (Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, etc.)"
Feb 11, 2009
369 posts
61 upvotes
Pretty sure you can return it if ordered from amazon and they just got some back in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5771 posts
1207 upvotes
Oculus introduces Facebook Spaces - Now in Beta testing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)