Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1699 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 7:34 pm
Did you order from Amazon.ca?

I ordered Farpoint with the aim controller with Amazon Prime for the 20% discount but the delivery estimate is after May 24th.

I got mine from EB retail.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Oct 16, 2007
439 posts
52 upvotes
I bought the psvr. Was going to wait to build a super pc and vive. But im impressed and having alot of fun with the psvr on non pro.

My favorite games at the moment. Non of which i expected to enjoy so much...
Tethered, Pinball fx vr (only the main 3 tables so far) and Polybius!

Also like eve and rush of blood a great deal. Struggle with motion sickness with dirt rally but will try again.

I hope farpoint with aim controller is good. I have low expectations and often pleasantly surprised by most vr applications.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4911 posts
1565 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
HeavyFlea wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:44 pm
I bought the psvr. Was going to wait to build a super pc and vive. But im impressed and having alot of fun with the psvr on non pro.

My favorite games at the moment. Non of which i expected to enjoy so much...
Tethered, Pinball fx vr (only the main 3 tables so far) and Polybius!

Also like eve and rush of blood a great deal. Struggle with motion sickness with dirt rally but will try again.

I hope farpoint with aim controller is good. I have low expectations and often pleasantly surprised by most vr applications.
I have a Vive as well.
The PSVR has the least SDE of all 3 major HMD's.
It's a great unit and is very much as capable, if not better in many aspects than both the Vive & Rift.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5772 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
How is the software situation these days? I put all of my kit down for awhile to play Zelda for awhile and haven't really been following things. Any killer apps on the horizon?
Mar 21, 2010
209 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have been playing PSVR farpoint for the last 24 hours as mine came a day early. Very fun game and the controller is super responsive and very precise, even for long range shooting. I get a little nausea on some games when playing but this one seems to work fine. I did realize half way through playing that I had the gun hand reversed so make sure you hold the gun up during gameplay to ensure you have it calibrated for the correct hand (right versus left).

A question to RFD'ers: I got the bundle off Amazon. This morning they sent me a benefit confirmation code in my email. I can't for the life of me figure out how / where to redeem it. Did others receive a code and what is it good for? I don't recall any other content to be provided with this purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5766 posts
1207 upvotes
The lens resolution is a letdown for PSVR even if you have a PS4 Pro compared to the other two.
Vive and Rift offer a more premium VR experience.

I also find that PS VR lenses fog up easily.
Woah! wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:11 pm
I have a Vive as well.
The PSVR has the least SDE of all 3 major HMD's.
It's a great unit and is very much as capable, if not better in many aspects than both the Vive & Rift.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4911 posts
1565 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
XFactor11 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:49 pm
The lens resolution is a letdown for PSVR even if you have a PS4 Pro compared to the other two.
Vive and Rift offer a more premium VR experience.

I also find that PS VR lenses fog up easily.
That's odd, I never experience lens fogging whatsoever with any of the 3 HMD's.
I would think that of any of them that the PSVR would breathe the most as it's not sealed to the face like a scuba mask, but simply resting on the crown of ones head.
Having a fan in the room along with an open window can also help with airflow.

For me, a higher SDE is more immersion breaking than a slightly lower resolution.

All 3 HMD's are great though.
Can't wait for the new audio strap for the Vive, it's gonna make it a lot easier to use and hopefully more comfy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5766 posts
1207 upvotes
Bloomberg: Facebook unveiling $200 standalone Oculus VR headset in 2018.

sources:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-for-2018
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1405434

ArtHands;243338835 wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-for-2018

By wireless, the article mean standalone, which means no need for smartphone nor PC at all.
  • Code-named "Pacific"
  • Resembles a more compact version of Rift, lighter than Gear VR
  • Design/features not finalized
  • similar interface to Gear VR and can be controlled by wireless remote
  • different from the "Santa Cruz" prototype that facebook shows last year
  • Plan to enlist Xiaomi to produce the new headset. Seems they are planning to sell it in China under Xiaomi's branding as Facebook is banned in China (Rift is not sold in China)
  • Plan to power with Snapdragon mobile chip from Qualcomm
  • Power is between Gear VR and Oculus Rift
  • No positional tracking
  • Planning to brief content makers by October
  • downloads store will be re-written and accessible from VR interface itself
  • ship in 2018
  • $200
Oculus Connect happens in October so we might start to hear it at the event then if its true. Interestingly Google is also partnering with HTC/Lenovo to release standalone VR devices later this year as well, and will run on Google Daydream platform.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4688 posts
592 upvotes
I finally tried PSVR, I played Farpoint at a friend's house, my only previous experience with VR was with my phone.

What an awful experience, I'm still feeling queasy from it 4 hours later. The actual experience was pretty neat albeit incredibly shallow, looking down at your gun and pulling the trigger and seeing the trigger pulled in the game was really neat but it got boring fairly quickly. I got motion sickness from practically the second I put on the headset, the actual in game graphics looked like they were running at an incredibly low resolution , the inside of the headset was uncomfortable and really stuff and wearing that headset was very isolating (especially in a group setting).

I probably wont be fussing around with another VR headset anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4911 posts
1565 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
VR isn't for everybody.

As much as I love it, I wouldn't invite 1st timer's over to my place to try it out unless they were planning on staying overnight.

I'd love for my Dad to try it out, but I have a feeling he's not a candidate for it, same goes for my mother, both in their early 70's.

I couldn't imagine someone having an adverse reaction to VR, then having to get in their car to drive home....far too dangerous.

Keep plenty of ginger on hand, don't play on an empty stomach, and DO NOT attempt to "power through it" if feeling ill.