VW e-Golf starting at 36K

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
User729596 wrote: Yes I am leasing it. The dealer is applying the government incentive for me.

I contacted every Hyundai dealer in Ottawa and it appears that black one is the last one in the entire city. The concerns I ended up having with the e-golf were, a-when the hell it would actually come, if at all; and b-what will be the state of the government incentive at that time.

If you are serious I would contact the following guys at Surgenor Hyundai on St. Laurent as they were willing to sell the black ioniq to me at MSRP and apply the government incentive for me:

mike.patterson@surgenor.com

Roman.Sidoli@surgenor.com
Did you get 2017 or 2018 model year?
Nov 17, 2017
42 posts
12 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: Did you get 2017 or 2018 model year?
Brand new 2017. Not 100% sure but I don't think any 2018's have been released to any dealers at this point.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
Did my first DC fast charge at Ikea today. After unplugging the guess-oh-meter was showing 262KM available and battery was at 98%. Might get close to that around town driving, but most of my driving is highway and I'm sure it will be much less, still, pleasantly surprised :)
Images
  • IMG_20180424_1231118.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
User729596 wrote: Brand new 2017. Not 100% sure but I don't think any 2018's have been released to any dealers at this point.
Any chance you you can PM me with more details of what model you bought/price/discount ? Thanks so much
Jan 10, 2018
10 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I picked up my 2018 in late January.
User729596 wrote: Brand new 2017. Not 100% sure but I don't think any 2018's have been released to any dealers at this point.
Jan 17, 2018
24 posts
7 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: Did my first DC fast charge at Ikea today. After unplugging the guess-oh-meter was showing 262KM available and battery was at 98%. Might get close to that around town driving, but most of my driving is highway and I'm sure it will be much less, still, pleasantly surprised :)
Wow Lucky. as it turned out my battery was defective. I was getting at max 100KM on each charge so I dropped it off at the dealership to see what they can do. it kindda sucks a brand new car having these kind of issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
PA1991 wrote: Wow Lucky. as it turned out my battery was defective. I was getting at max 100KM on each charge so I dropped it off at the dealership to see what they can do. it kindda sucks a brand new car having these kind of issues.
Yikes...sucks waiting so long for the car and then it turns out to have this problem. To be honest I've never read on any of the e-golf forums any problem like the one your experiencing, hopefully it may be a quick software fix and not a full battery replacement. Keep us posted.
Jan 17, 2018
24 posts
7 upvotes
yup it really does suck! Oh well my luck i guess.
Will do, thanks for the support.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
Any updates from folks who were told May/June? I called my dealership and no news. They told me that usually if it's delayed, they know a couple of months in advance. Currently, it's still "on schedule" although we don't have a VIN number yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
dgege wrote: Any updates from folks who were told May/June? I called my dealership and no news. They told me that usually if it's delayed, they know a couple of months in advance. Currently, it's still "on schedule" although we don't have a VIN number yet.
I hope you get your car asap however with VW no news is usually not good news.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: I hope you get your car asap however with VW no news is usually not good news.
That's what I'm afraid of :(

If I don't have a VIN by first week of May, I need a plan B (current lease expires May 30th).
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
For my e-Golf delivery it was about 2 months from the time I got my VIN till I picked up the car.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
flyboy320 wrote: For my e-Golf delivery it was about 2 months from the time I got my VIN till I picked up the car.
Good to know, thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6961 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON
dgege wrote: That's what I'm afraid of :(

If I don't have a VIN by first week of May, I need a plan B (current lease expires May 30th).
Inquire about hanging onto your current lease for an extra month or two. Ther s usually some flexibility to extend it short term.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote: Inquire about hanging onto your current lease for an extra month or two. Ther s usually some flexibility to extend it short term.
That makes sense once I get a date. But until then, delivery could be delayed forever.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
Welp, my current car was totalled in an accident so I will need to find transportation until the e-Golf arrives...if it is truly delayed, I might have to give up on it. Anyone in the Ottawa region has a spot to give up :)?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
ahammad wrote: Welp, my current car was totalled in an accident so I will need to find transportation until the e-Golf arrives...if it is truly delayed, I might have to give up on it. Anyone in the Ottawa region has a spot to give up :)?
You should call every VW dealer within a 50-100 km radius from you to see if any spots/orders have been canceled and you'd be willing to take it.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: You should call every VW dealer within a 50-100 km radius from you to see if any spots/orders have been canceled and you'd be willing to take it.
There are two dealers in Ottawa with the e-Golf, I have preordered from one of them and they are aware of my situation. I haven't tried the other dealer yet.

My order was placed in October and the expected delivery is November, so I am ~6-7 months away.
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
ahammad wrote: There are two dealers in Ottawa with the e-Golf, I have preordered from one of them and they are aware of my situation. I haven't tried the other dealer yet.

My order was placed in October and the expected delivery is November, so I am ~6-7 months away.
Try Montreal too
Nov 17, 2017
42 posts
12 upvotes
ahammad wrote: Welp, my current car was totalled in an accident so I will need to find transportation until the e-Golf arrives...if it is truly delayed, I might have to give up on it. Anyone in the Ottawa region has a spot to give up :)?
I just got the Hyundai Ioniq electric and am now selling my 15 WRX if you need a temporary car! Very low kms.