• Dec 10th, 2018 11:26 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7674 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 11:06 pm
Actually I DO, just kidding. But incase you did not get the hidden message, Some people cant eat BEEF its forbidden in their religion, but are not forbidden to eat Pork, so guess what a veggie burger with bacon caters to? yep you guessed it, those people right there, and me as well since i am not forbidden to eat anything, I can copy ones style and not get in trouble as long as I call it a personal prefrence
strange. just kidding. actually, i'm not.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7674 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
ingredients
Water, Pea Protein Isolate, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Contains 2% or less of the following: Cellulose from Bamboo, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Natural Flavor, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Yeast, Gum Arabic, Citrus Extract (to protect quality), Ascorbic Acid (to maintain color), Beet Juice Extract (for color), Acetic Acid, Succinic Acid, Modified Food Starch, Annatto (for color).
Calories: 270
Fat: 20 g (5 g sat fat)
Sodium: 380 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugars: 0 grams
Protein: 20 grams
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6264 posts
1416 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 11:28 pm
ingredients
Looks interesting, would try

As an omnivore speciesist, I'd rather eat pork than beef. Cows are darlings.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4131 posts
783 upvotes
Regina
is it going to be antibiotic and hore moan free?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1183 posts
355 upvotes
Are they going to make it beef flavoured by frying it right beside the beef?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1183 posts
355 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 1:30 pm
"Beyond Meat Burger patties are cooked on the same grill as beef, bacon, and eggs and may come into contact with these ingredients."
That's hilarious. My cousin, who is a vegan, turned down a veggie patty cooked on our BBQ because it was contaminated with meat.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8598 posts
1905 upvotes
London
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 1:30 pm
"Beyond Meat Burger patties are cooked on the same grill as beef, bacon, and eggs and may come into contact with these ingredients."

from https://web.aw.ca/en/our-menu/burgers/b ... eat-burger
Honestly then, wtf is the point of even offering this thing? It's not vegan, vegetarian, kosher or halal, It's not cheaper than other options, and according to this review, its "just right".
and "It’s not interchangeable with the Mama Burger I later eat for comparison", so is the mass market looking for an almost as good pseudo burger for an upcharge?

I must be missing something here, because I always assumed the point of offering a product like this was to appeal to people with specific dietary or religious convictions.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:01 pm
Honestly then, wtf is the point of even offering this thing? It's not vegan, vegetarian, kosher or halal, It's not cheaper than other options, and according to this review, its "just right".
and "It’s not interchangeable with the Mama Burger I later eat for comparison", so is the mass market looking for an almost as good pseudo burger for an upcharge?

I must be missing something here, because I always assumed the point of offering a product like this was to appeal to people with specific dietary or religious convictions.
The target audience of this product is not vegetarians, but folks that eat meat who are looking for an alternative.

If you're vegetarian, Harvey's is the place to go. They use a different grill and utensils to handle the veggie burgers. At least at the locations I've been to.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8598 posts
1905 upvotes
London
batcave wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:13 pm
The target audience of this product is not vegetarians, but folks that eat meat who are looking for an alternative.
I believe that's called chicken.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:15 pm
I believe that's called chicken.
ha ha or fish
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7674 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
batcave wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:13 pm

If you're vegetarian, Harvey's is the place to go. They use a different grill and utensils to handle the veggie burgers. At least at the locations I've been to.
many vegetarians/ vegans are also going to be drawn to this so they should do a better to clarify this is not a veg/ vegan burger. if they’re going to cook it on the same grill as the meat patty, they might as well go one step further and just add beef flavouring (much like mcd’s did to their fries) inside the patty as they are trying to mimic the taste/ look of beef as much as possible.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13442 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
The 12 packs of A&W Root beer are offering $2 off when you spend $5 or more at A&W restaurants.
That brings this $6.99 burger down to $4.99.
(the coupon has no restrictions on what to order or not order, just a simple $5 or more spending rule)

Save more: Loblaws is maintaining a $3.99 price for the case of 12 355 ml cans
Rexall has a one week sale (this week only) $3.49.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:26 pm
many vegetarians/ vegans are also going to be drawn to this so they should do a better to clarify this is not a veg/ vegan burger. if they’re going to cook it on the same grill as the meat patty, they might as well go one step further and just add beef flavouring (much like mcd’s did to their fries) inside the patty as they are trying to mimic the taste/ look of beef as much as possible.
I don't know of any vegetarian that would eat this if it is cooked on the same surface or handled with the same utensils.

If they want to try this product, they will buy it at Whole Foods and cook it at home.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)