Food & Drink

A&W breakfast - I had no idea it was so good!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2017 6:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5909 posts
818 upvotes
Mississauga

A&W breakfast - I had no idea it was so good!

I dropped by A&W this morning - I had no idea the breakfast would be this good.

I had a full real breakfast that included well made bacon and three sausage that was served on real plates and real cutlery. The sausage was nicely spiced and tasted delicious especially combined with the hashbrown. Add a coffee and breakfast was only $9.

I've never seen this A@W so busy any other time of day, I guess everyone knew about their breakfast and I just discovered it.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
58 replies
Nov 10, 2015
841 posts
180 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
A & W has been busy like this for a few years now. Plenty of groups in there, friends, meeting over a cheap coffee and breakfast. Always lots of retired people to whenever I've been there.
And their coffee is good and usually served in a china mug.
Anyone But Justin 2019
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5909 posts
818 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes, Van Houtte coffee was very good. Usually we go to Sunset Grill for breakfast. This will save me alot of money.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23885 posts
5077 upvotes
GTHA
Raggie wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 5:03 pm
I've never seen this A@W so busy any other time of day, I guess everyone knew about their breakfast and I just discovered it.
Fyi, breakfast is available all-day at most locations.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3436 posts
155 upvotes
They've got the best fast food hash browns, you can get individual eggs (e.g a burger with a side of an egg with a choice of cooking method), and the sandwiches are reasonably priced. And you can get regular items (poutine, burgers, etc.) during breakfast too.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5909 posts
818 upvotes
Mississauga
Haha, I might go to A&W for dinner tomorrow just to have their breakfast again.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2287 posts
468 upvotes
Mississauga
I haven't tried A&W for breakfast yet. But many years ago, Harvey's used to serve a pretty awesome breakfast.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6911 posts
2083 upvotes
ON
mrweather wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 7:20 pm
I haven't tried A&W for breakfast yet. But many years ago, Harvey's used to serve a pretty awesome breakfast.
I loved Harvey's breakfast like 20 years ago.
The potatoes were my fav.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10736 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
I like using the coupons. Breakfast only costs me $3.99 @ A&W.
Also, the phone app is offering free add ons when paying full price. (coupons are also available in email)
Sometimes the email coupon counts for a free coffee when paying full price for a breakfast.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3436 posts
155 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 11:23 pm
A&W is great.
The one near me at pape and danforth serves their dine in with little fry baskets and frosted mugs.
I definately see it as a step above other fast food. More fast casual.
Excluding food court locations I think they all do that now. I love the frosted mugs. They say its -15 celsius so it doesn't need ice and after a few minutes it gets so cold it becomes like a slushie on the top.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10736 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
Rumour floating around that A&W is coming to Bathurst and Bloor. (Where Acme burger used to be, next to Hot Doc's theatre)
If this is true, people in that area won't have to go all the way up to Bathurst & Queen to enjoy A&W food!!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3022 posts
508 upvotes
London
I have never been in an a&w, I will have to try it now!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10736 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 12:47 am
I have never been in an a&w, I will have to try it now!
Shimso wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 11:36 pm
Excluding food court locations I think they all do that now. I love the frosted mugs. They say its -15 celsius so it doesn't need ice and after a few minutes it gets so cold it becomes like a slushie on the top.

You'll want to stick with the restaurant locations. The gas station and food court locations are not using the frosty mug and their coffee is in a standard disposable cup instead of the nice fancy coffee mugs that the restaurant locations use.
(coffee mug may hold more than disposable cup-not sure.)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2287 posts
468 upvotes
Mississauga
I remember when A&W was a drive-in restaurant, as in pull into a parking spot by an order board, give them you order and they bring it to you on a tray that hung off your door window opening.