Food & Drink

A&W breakfast - I had no idea it was so good!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2017 6:05 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1190 posts
273 upvotes
snow00774 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 12:47 am
I have never been in an a&w, I will have to try it now!
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2017 10:05 pm
I like using the coupons. Breakfast only costs me $3.99 @ A&W.
I get coupons in the mail from almost all the other fast food chains, but don't believe A&W has ever given me any. Where can I get these coupons to try out the breakfast?

Only started eating at A&W earlier this year and prior to that I'd never gone before. Tried it out because there was a RFD thread here that said the coffee was superior to McD's, so it was a must I give it a try just for that alone.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13724 posts
9222 upvotes
Toronto
BTW -A&W will make you burgers /fries/rings even at breakfast time.

Today I used the online coupon to get free fries & rootbeer with my Teen burger. Yonge /Richmond location, 830AM

Note - it does take longer worth the wait. Oh, frosty mugs there too!

https://awcoupon.ca/en
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11211 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 10:28 am
I get coupons in the mail from almost all the other fast food chains, but don't believe A&W has ever given me any. Where can I get these coupons to try out the breakfast?

Only started eating at A&W earlier this year and prior to that I'd never gone before. Tried it out because there was a RFD thread here that said the coffee was superior to McD's, so it was a must I give it a try just for that alone.
Email has some coupons, but other coupons are the luck of the location. Sometimes someone stands outside handing out coupons, but how good they are may depend on location:

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/03/11/aw-coupons/
Jun 18, 2017
202 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
What I found weird is that they'll even do that full breakfast dealie to go. I don't do it anymore, but I used to get the egg/saus/bacon/toast to go like once a week.
That's my name...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6087 posts
907 upvotes
Mississauga
PuddinTame wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 12:39 pm
What I found weird is that they'll even do that full breakfast dealie to go. I don't do it anymore, but I used to get the egg/saus/bacon/toast to go like once a week.
Not weird at all. Other places such as Sunset Grill will do breakfast take out.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Feb 29, 2016
215 posts
62 upvotes
rb wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:15 pm
Their "egg McMuffin"...is actually better than McD's - very impressed !
I agree, outside of their hash browns, which I give McD's a narrow edge, I find A&W better for breakfast. Seems fresher.
Feb 15, 2007
722 posts
44 upvotes
Pickering
mrweather wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 6:52 am
I remember when A&W was a drive-in restaurant, as in pull into a parking spot by an order board, give them you order and they bring it to you on a tray that hung off your door window opening.
Your age is showing. :twisted:

Then again I remember the A&W drive-in in Georgetown when I was a kid. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
May 27, 2004
947 posts
169 upvotes
Damn you guys.
Just read this thread and now I'm craving A&W - nothing beats those onion rings, frosted mugs that are so cold that ice starts forming on top of the root beer, and those burgers yummm.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11211 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
I was in the area of Dufferin & Bloor today expecting that the new A&W there would be open by now.
So disappointed. I wonder what's taking them so long to open??!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8076 posts
1263 upvotes
Still prefer Dennys - free breakfast on your birthday and $6-7 Grand Slams on weekdays.

A&W is decent if there is a sit down near you. The one near us is in a gas station.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11211 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 10:07 am
Still prefer Dennys - free breakfast on your birthday and $6-7 Grand Slams on weekdays.

A&W is decent if there is a sit down near you. The one near us is in a gas station.
...and as I mentioned above, a gas station is not what you want if you expect a frosty mug. Plus, the fries will be served in the traditional paper holder, not the metal reusable holder that the restaurant locations use.
Keep your eye open. New restaurant locations are popping up all the time.
(The newest one is expected to be Bathurst & Bloor, but I'm still not sure what's going on over @ Dufferin & Bloor...)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
a new one is opening at Wilson & Billy Bishop Way (where the TTC parking lot used to be). Under Construction now. Probably be ready by late Fall, the earliest. This would be pretty convenient for me as it's on my way to work.
Jun 18, 2017
202 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 11:34 pm
I was in the area of Dufferin & Bloor today expecting that the new A&W there would be open by now.
So disappointed. I wonder what's taking them so long to open??!!!
Hey those giant seasoning salt containers don't install themselves (isn't that their "secret" burger spice?)!
That's my name...