Nov 10, 2015
1683 posts
511 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:02 pm
A&W mayo is made with eggs.

Chubby Mayo
canola oil, water, liquid whole egg and yolk, vinegar, salt, sugar, spice, concentrated lemon juice, calcium disodium EDTA.
Oh, the horror.
Diversity is Our Burden
Jun 5, 2017
549 posts
53 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
A&W is also doing the free rootbeer day on the 14th.

Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15396 posts
1960 upvotes
Toronto
Ottomaddox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 3:01 pm
Honestly then, wtf is the point of even offering this thing? It's not vegan, vegetarian, kosher or halal, It's not cheaper than other options, and according to this review, its "just right".
and "It’s not interchangeable with the Mama Burger I later eat for comparison", so is the mass market looking for an almost as good pseudo burger for an upcharge?

I must be missing something here, because I always assumed the point of offering a product like this was to appeal to people with specific dietary or religious convictions.
It's to appeal to people who want to reduce their meat intake, or just their red meat intake.
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 5:23 pm
I had a vegetarian come to one of our kids bday parties, actually she claims shes a vegan. not sure what the difference is but she brought these veggie or vegan pattys so i was bbqing all kinds of meat, ribs, chicken, etc, and threw them on the grill and cooked them up, yeah im sure a bit of the beef, chicken and pork grease got onto those vegan pattys, and i used the same utensils, and i put non vegan mayo and ketchup, non vegan cheeze and other condoments on her burger, she did not seem to care, but she claims shes a hard core vegan, sometimes i feel some of them just trying to be difficult like that on purpose some dont care
A lot of vegetarians aren't super strict about how their food is cooked, only that they're not intentionally choosing to eat animals in a way that shows demand for meat. As long as what they eat doesn't lead to an animal getting killed somewhere they're happy.

I just had one of these burgers for lunch and I liked it. It definitely tastes a lot more like beef than anything offered by McDonald's.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3481 posts
171 upvotes
I'm not a vegetarian and I liked it quite a bit. It wasn't dry like every almost every other veggie burger and it had some chew to it (whereas a lot of veggie burgers just disappear in the toppings & bread). I'd get it again
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1397 posts
116 upvotes
Tried one today. It was better than the cardboard textured veggie burger, but nowhere close to as satisfying as a true meat burger. After finishing it, I was left feeling like I hadn't had the main course yet.

For the price of a combo (around $11 after tax), it's way overpriced for what you get.

Just my 2 cents.
Jul 15, 2003
574 posts
103 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 7:01 pm
Have you tried the Harvey's veggie burger? If so how do they compare?
Haven't tried the Harvey's one yet, but I plan to sometime.
Nov 30, 2009
110 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
A friend in Brampton got a coupon for 50% off the beyond meat burger at A&W until December 31 2018. Anyone else received one?

Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17789 posts
854 upvotes
I liked it too, I put cheese on it though!
Jul 15, 2003
574 posts
103 upvotes
Zida wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 2:46 am
A friend in Brampton got a coupon for 50% off the beyond meat burger at A&W until December 31 2018. Anyone else received one?

I mentioned that I got 50% off a few posts back, but I didn't need the coupon. Maybe because the attendant already auto-applied the coupon for me?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15715 posts
12268 upvotes
Toronto
My buddy hooked me up with a stack of A&W 50% coupons. See lots of veggie burgers in my immediate future.
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Dec 23, 2015
434 posts
376 upvotes
They have 1/2 price coupons on their website. You have to sign up to access though. I tried one today. Forgot that they put mayo on them or I would have asked them not to. I don't have an issue with them cooking it on the same grill. By far the best veggie burger I've tried although a bit salty for my taste.
Dec 10, 2014
1 posts
Headingley, MB
A&W Veggie Burger is best I’ve ever had. If you didn’t know it wasn’t Beef you couldn’t tell. Delicious! Only problem is it’s very expensive!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3000 posts
1070 upvotes
how much is the burger after 50%
Oct 24, 2005
910 posts
158 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:08 pm
how much is the burger after 50%
$3.50 + tax
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Jul 23, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
toronto
Happy to know that a veggie burger is available now, very considerate, will definitely try it and promote it too, thanks.