• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2017 3:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3969 posts
1004 upvotes

A&W coffee is so good

So I tried A&W coffee for the first time. My oh my, it's miles better than anything else at other chains. So I searched it up and they've been serving Van Houtte organic fair-trade 100% Arabica blend made exclusively for A&W. No wonder why it tastes so good. I'm a believer now.
38 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3969 posts
1004 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 6:32 pm
Better than McDonald's ?
I drink McD's coffee everyday and at many different locations in different provinces. The problem with MCD's coffee is consistency. I've had Mcdonald's coffee ranging anywhere between very good to undrinkable. But even then, the best of Mcdonald's coffee can't compare with A&W IMO.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10652 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
ilove wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 6:40 pm
I drink McD's coffee everyday and at many different locations in different provinces. The problem with MCD's coffee is consistency. I've had Mcdonald's coffee ranging anywhere between very good to undrinkable. But even then, the best of Mcdonald's coffee can't compare with A&W IMO.
Ah, see now, when I argue that McDonald's coffee is the same everywhere, I do not travel far outside Toronto.
I find that unlike Tim Horton's, I can order from Eaton's Centre or from Scarborough Town (mall location) and the taste will be very close.

A&W is under fire for not offering coupons at the same price for all locations... http://www.citynews.ca/2017/03/11/aw-coupons/
(Unlike McDonald's, which maintains that the coupons are the same for all of Ontario)

So, if you like A&W coffee...how much you pay (with the breakfast coupon) depends on where you are in Toronto...enjoy!

http://www.citynews.ca/video/iframe/593 ... 6425589001
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3969 posts
1004 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 7:17 pm
Ah, see now, when I argue that McDonald's coffee is the same everywhere, I do not travel far outside Toronto.
I find that unlike Tim Horton's, I can order from Eaton's Centre or from Scarborough Town (mall location) and the taste will be very close.

A&W is under fire for not offering coupons at the same price for all locations... http://www.citynews.ca/2017/03/11/aw-coupons/
(Unlike McDonald's, which maintains that the coupons are the same for all of Ontario)

So, if you like A&W coffee...how much you pay (with the breakfast coupon) depends on where you are in Toronto...enjoy!

http://www.citynews.ca/video/iframe/593 ... 6425589001
I've had coffee at many McDonald's locations in different provinces. Even the same location can be wildly inconsistent. This tells me that it's a quality control issue.

And I don't live in the GTA. Please don't assume everyone does Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1023 posts
218 upvotes
Thanks OP, I'll give it a taste test this week. I also mentioned in another thread that although A&W has had stores in the GTA for several years. It was not until earlier this year that I finally went to an A&W and finally tried their burgers.

Personally, IMHO in order to judge and critique a good cup of coffee you really can only drink it one way to tell if it good or not. You have to drink the coffee black. No cream, sugar or milk for my coffee taste test.
Jul 20, 2012
456 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
It's good coffee. I get it when I go to Picton . I stop at the Trenton En Route on the 401. There's never a line at A&W, it's quicker than waiting at Tim Horton's.
May 5, 2016
328 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:13 pm
Personally, IMHO in order to judge and critique a good cup of coffee you really can only drink it one way to tell if it good or not. You have to drink the coffee black. No cream, sugar or milk for my coffee taste test.
Also it really depends how long the coffee was in the pot for. I know my local Tim Hortons doesn't change their coffee every 20 minutes during slow periods because most of the time it tastes like chinese herbal medicine. Absolutely dreadful.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1161 posts
39 upvotes
Too bad I didn't know about this earlier. I had lunch at an A&W over the weekend and they drop some coupons which had one for a free coffee. I just left it on the counter. Crying Face
Jul 29, 2013
301 posts
100 upvotes
When I go to A&W I want the root beer so coffee is a second on my list no matter how good it is.