Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
A&W

[DoorDash] [A&W] Teen or Beyond Burger Combo for $5 (CODE: 5COMBO)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 1:59 pm
May 9, 2014
213 posts
248 upvotes
Embarras

[DoorDash] [A&W] Teen or Beyond Burger Combo for $5 (CODE: 5COMBO)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
December 23, 2019
Retailer:
A&W

YMMV. Got this as a sponsored ad on FB. Pretty good deal as the teen burger itself is usually around $5.50 in my AB. Good for those who have DD credit from the JOEY promotion!

Terms and Conditions: https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/a ... uage=en_CA
*$5 Combo: Offer valid for one (1) Teen Burger or Beyond Meat Burger regular combo per order while supplies last. Limit five (5) orders per person. Offer valid through 12/22/2019 at participating A&W locations. Regular fries and Coca Cola fountain drink. Substitutions prohibited. No cash value. May not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Fees, taxes, and gratuity apply. All deliveries subject to availability. Must have or create a valid DoorDash account with a valid form of accepted payment on file. Non-transferable. Use promo code 5COMBO to redeem. See full terms and conditions at dasherhelp.doordash.com/offer-terms-conditions.
Koodo Migration Plan $40/ 6GB

Shaw Internet 300
- $43/month 1st year
- $58/month 2nd year
- $250 bill credits
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Doordash is garbage,but the deal is good if you don't care... On the $11 combo there is $5.32 in taxes and 11% service fee. Then $1.99 delivery fee that I don't believe goes completely to the driver and they want us to tip the driver... In the end, you are paying way more than if you walk in , even after the ($8 off) what a SCAM! That $5 combo is suddenly $12. lol!
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Nov 22, 2011
493 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
dazz wrote: Doordash is garbage,but the deal is good if you don't care... On the $11 combo there is $5.32 in taxes and 11% service fee. Then $1.99 delivery fee that I don't believe goes completely to the driver and they want us to tip the driver... In the end, you are paying way more than if you walk in , even after the ($8 off) what a SCAM! That $5 combo is suddenly $12. lol!
You can choose "pickup" on Door Dash...
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
r2yneth wrote: You can choose "pickup" on Door Dash...
all restaurants don't have pick up option. i'm not able to do pick up for A&W.
kills the deal for me
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Dec 15, 2019
1 posts
This is definitely not working for me. AW's Doordash page features this deal at the top, and yet there is no $5 Combo Menu tab as they are advertising, nor can I apply the coupon to the regular combo
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks OP. If we can use it to pickup, it's a Hot deal. Otherwise it ain't worth it.

Edit. After checking, I can't order to pick up at A&W. If someone can, please let me know.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Bigboy16 wrote: Thanks OP. If we can use it to pickup, it's a Hot deal. Otherwise it ain't worth it.

Edit. After checking, I can't order to pick up at A&W. If someone can, please let me know.
I am pretty sure that is intentional. Otherwise AW would lose money so is the doordash. This way, AW makes their $5 and door dash makes their $7. lol...
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Dec 11, 2006
476 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Cjelliot wrote: This is definitely not working for me. AW's Doordash page features this deal at the top, and yet there is no $5 Combo Menu tab as they are advertising, nor can I apply the coupon to the regular combo
Not sure of it's the same problem your are having, but whenever I try using the DoorDash mobile app (Android), it doesn't seem to take promo codes (I get to the screen where I can type it in, but it doesn't seem to proceed to apply the code). If I use a browser though, the promo code takes without an issue.

I'm skipping on this deal though as no pickup option.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Not bad if u Can do free ISPU
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2862 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
dazz wrote: Doordash is garbage,but the deal is good if you don't care... On the $11 combo there is $5.32 in taxes and 11% service fee. Then $1.99 delivery fee that I don't believe goes completely to the driver and they want us to tip the driver... In the end, you are paying way more than if you walk in , even after the ($8 off) what a SCAM! That $5 combo is suddenly $12. lol!
Except they bring it to you rather than you having to go to the restaurant yourself. Is the delivery not worth something? There are almost always these sorts of posts in food delivery deal threads with people who make these kinds of weird apples to oranges comparison. You'd have to pay tax if you walk in as well..
Last edited by GeeCee on Dec 17th, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Aug 3, 2014
275 posts
437 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Yes if you get food delivered to your door it'll be more expensive. Next up, water is wet.
Sep 7, 2019
9 posts
30 upvotes
I tried to use the code on the app and website. The code doesn't work. And also why does it charge extra for the drink for A & W lol. Shouldn't the fountain drink be included in the combo.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5368 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: Except they bring it to you rather than you having to go to the restaurant yourself. Is the delivery not worth something? There are almost always these sorts of posts in food delivery deal threads with people who make these kinds of weird apples to oranges comparison. You'd have to pay tax if you walk in as well..
Of course its worth something. The problem is, there are so many fees. DoorDash has the following fees for delivery: service fee, delivery fee, tip, & sometimes small order fee (understandable, as I think its reasonable that people should have to order a certain minimum for delivery). I'm not saying some of those fees aren't justified, but it really adds up to an absurd amount in some cases. Tipping is optional, but I'm not the type of person who's going to stiff a driver for a tip.
Dec 17, 2010
85 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
It works for me, but instead of selecting the regular combos, select one of the two under the "$5 Combo Menu - Use Code 5COMBO" section. Before you pay, make sure to add the 5COMBO promo code, as it's not automatic.

It's a decent deal. Not including a tip, the grand total is $8.06, but I recommend rounding up to $9 or more.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1400 upvotes
Edmonton
On my app, its showing $5.99 for delivery on this combo. F that....$6 for delivery...on a $5 combo.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1400 upvotes
Edmonton
roleless wrote: Why doesn't this work for pickup?
Because DoorDash and A&W wouldn't make any money on this deal. They'd be losing money. So they set it to delivery only. DoorDash gets their cut from delivery and fees. A&W gets their cut. In my case in Alberta, not sure if its just for this deal or all the time but delivery is set at $5.99 + the fees they charge on top.
Last edited by dj_rice on Dec 19th, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3149 posts
1334 upvotes
Windsor
How is anyone upvoting this ? It's a Teen Combo for $12; a huge premium for a soggy burger.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Aug 23, 2015
28 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Is delivery fee universal no matter how close you live to an A&W? Also do they still offer free delivery for new accounts, that trial thing?
Dec 17, 2010
85 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
The delivery fee might be higher if A&W is located far away.