Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5512 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
reggyDeal wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 3:44 pm
A&w open on new years day?
it was inside a mall food court and my mall is open today.

I don't see why a fast food restaurant wouldn't be open today even if it wasn't in a mall. It's a restaurant.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19451 posts
125143 upvotes
GTA
Yup, nationwide - got an e-mail about this:

Dec 6, 2004
962 posts
658 upvotes
Personally, I don't mind that they get most of their beef out of the USA. They have hands down the freshest veggies in a burger bar none. No other 'drive through' style burger place comes close to how good A&W burgers are these days.

Honestly, if you haven't been to A&W in the last 5-10 years (not sure when the change happened), they have gone way up in quality whereas most other places have continued to drop off (at least I think so).

EDIT: And I would equally say that the beef patty actually tastes like beef, not burnt oil, or some tasteless mix with a ton of additives to reduce beef costs ... I mean it's no home made, but ... good.
Last edited by Tcalp on Jan 1st, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7064 posts
1014 upvotes
Tcalp wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 5:55 pm
Personally, I don't mind that they get most of their beef out of the USA. They have hands down the freshest veggies in a burger bar none. No other 'drive through' style burger place comes close to how good A&W burgers are these days.

Honestly, if you haven't been to A&W in the last 5-10 years (not sure when the change happened), they have gone way up in quality whereas most other places have continued to drop off (at least I think so).
I agree 100%.
Jan 31, 2008
7 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just tried to get this in Vancouver (Robson St.) and was denied, even though I showed them the ad on my phone, I was told that this is dependent on the franchise.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1153 posts
575 upvotes
The 6
When does this end? Chequered Flag

I don't know about you but I want to down as many mamas as I can‼
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1153 posts
575 upvotes
The 6
wing604 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 7:44 pm
Just tried to get this in Vancouver (Robson St.) and was denied, even though I showed them the ad on my phone, I was told that this is dependent on the franchise.
Everytime I get a bogus explanation like this I write a scathing review on Yelp about that location.... just saying.
Nov 21, 2017
236 posts
64 upvotes
Surrey BC
Those of you in Metro Vancouver you can use your mobile bandit app for more deals. I just tried the buy one get one free deal for the mama burger at Fraser Hwy and 160th street in Surrey. Total came to 2.63. Dunno if other A and W's will let you do that.
Jul 25, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
Maple Ridge
I wish it was a deal for mozza burgers, but I'll gladly accept a mama.
Dec 25, 2007
704 posts
80 upvotes
EPcjay wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 5:57 pm
I agree 100%.
I also concur I've had buddy burgers recently over..and over again and can't believe how fresh and tasty they are. They definitely upped their quality compared to the rest of the pack.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4487 posts
2168 upvotes
Vancouver
I much prefer the $3.50 Teen burger deal. I wish they offered that instead. The Mama Burger has no cheese or bacon, and adding them kills the deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7040 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 9:19 pm
I much prefer the $3.50 Teen burger deal. I wish they offered that instead. The Mama Burger has no cheese or bacon, and adding them kills the deal.
no doubt bacon brings a lot to the table but in terms of protein content bang for the buck the mama deal (19 gm/ $2.50) comes out slightly ahead of the teen deal (24 gm/ $3.50).

also, i've had them add veggies on their breakfast sandwiches at no extra cost so i assume they could do the same with the burgers.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Dec 6, 2016
46 posts
43 upvotes
Had two for lunch, thanks OP. 40 cents per addon is steep but the tomato on each was worth it to balance out the ton of onions they put on these things.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7040 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
PapaSteel wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 3:19 pm
Had two for lunch, thanks OP. 40 cents per addon is steep but the tomato on each was worth it to balance out the ton of onions they put on these things.
so they charged extra for the tomato? that sucks. perhaps it varies by location but i've had them add it on for free on the breakfast sandwiches...which btw, there's a currently great bogo deal on as well.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 6 guests)

kha_, dubey, ioXt_2