• Jun 4th, 2017 9:42 am
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18607 posts
113264 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:44 pm
For those who bought a Entertainment coupon book, there's a 2 for 1 coupon in there for the Teen Burger so 2 for $3.50 is a fantastic deal.
I haven't had an Entertainment book in several years, but as with most other coupons, wouldn't it be at regular price/can't be combined with this offer?
Jun 14, 2005
618 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Timbo420 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:15 pm
Does anyone else get sore cheeks after eating A&W? In my experience, its caused by their salt. As a kid, it happened every now and again on salty foods, but for the last 20 years, I can only recall it happening after eating A&W.

I'll see if they can cook the burger without the added salt next time and see if that makes a difference.
You can ask them to not add the "seasoning salt". I do it sometimes when I feel like being a little healthier.
Nov 28, 2010
731 posts
77 upvotes
Brampton
Had one yesterday before work. Forgot how good a decent burger tasted like given give been settling for McDonald's "hamburger" to save money for the past while. Definitely miss the 2 for $5 days or even one for $3 although this is still a solid deal
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5875 posts
1620 upvotes
This or Burritoful Thursday at Taco Time.
Decisions decisions ...
Nov 19, 2010
310 posts
104 upvotes
burlington, on
Just finished one!

Was so yammy I like more than all the others fast food places

Thanks OP
Oct 3, 2013
75 posts
31 upvotes
Surrey
Y Poons wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:49 pm
You can ask them to not add the "seasoning salt". I do it sometimes when I feel like being a little healthier.
Oh my gosh, i came just to comment on the saltiness. I indulged after 3 years and the beef is good and better than BK but the salt!
Nov 23, 2014
263 posts
52 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Probably the last time I have A&W for a while. Used to love Teen Burgers but seems like the quality has gone over the past couple years, at least at the locations around me.

Losing interest in fast-food in general. I used to value the cheaper prices but now I rather just go to a proper burger place, pay $8-12 instead and be properly satisfied.

I'll still go for those $2 nuggets at BK if they ever come back though :P
Jan 4, 2013
84 posts
11 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:44 pm
For those who bought a Entertainment coupon book, there's a 2 for 1 coupon in there for the Teen Burger so 2 for $3.50 is a fantastic deal.
Ever actually been able to use a coupon on a promotion? Last time I tried that they took my coupon, punch it in as regular price at 2 for 1 and saved me like 8 cents more than normal. I bitched the lady out for using my coupon and not telling me it didn't work with promotion.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1034 posts
85 upvotes
Declined Entertainment Book coupon in Surrey.
Was told couldn't use it even as regular price which is $6 during the promotion.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4333 posts
708 upvotes
Markham
story wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 3:51 am
Declined Entertainment Book coupon in Surrey.
Was told couldn't use it even as regular price which is $6 during the promotion.
I think that is BS....normally not to be combined means you can't double coupon stuff. I really think this is at the discretion of the location manager/cashier ie YMMV to some extent.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
3969 posts
1004 upvotes
kanucks25 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 5:50 pm
Probably the last time I have A&W for a while. Used to love Teen Burgers but seems like the quality has gone over the past couple years, at least at the locations around me.

Losing interest in fast-food in general. I used to value the cheaper prices but now I rather just go to a proper burger place, pay $8-12 instead and be properly satisfied.

I'll still go for those $2 nuggets at BK if they ever come back though :P
Same. I just had Five Guys last night. Got a lot of food for $10. That's not much more expensive than a Big Mac meal these days.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1642 posts
408 upvotes
infamy_ wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:15 am
The only A&W burger I would get is the Uncle Burger, the teen and mozza are not as good as they use to be
Oh man, when they introduced the Uncle Burger 10 years ago, they had a printable $3 coupon. That's all I ate for the longest time in university. The burger alone now is like $8-9.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1667 posts
877 upvotes
Montreal
ahlong wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:04 pm
2 for $5 big king is still on >>>
I love this deal and quite like the big king, but 2x Teen at $7 is a better value (taste, meat quality) than the big king deal.