Expired Hot Deals

[Wagjag] $250 for a $50 Price Privilege e-Card (Save $0.10 per Litre for up to 500 Litres) & a $250 e-Gift Card at Esso

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 8:21 pm
Apr 14, 2017
292 posts
391 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
All this is fine and dandy but where are my cards?!?!?
Feb 19, 2017
320 posts
133 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 11:24 am
LOL, all the people desperate to save pennies on gas. Here's a pro-RFD tip: get rid of the gas car, drive an electric and save yourself 90% on fuel, 50% on maintenance & 20% on insurance costs.

I drive about 80,000km per year which equates to around $8,000 in savings every year ($80,000 over 10 years). My whole family drives EVs because they're cheaper and better.
2 LEAFs, an i3 and a Model 3 with an iPace on the way.
I just purchased a new vehicle earlier this year. I am environmentally conscious and wanted to go electric, but the prices are still sky high - even moreso now that the ON provincial incentive is gone. In the end I picked an extremely fuel efficient compact car. Over my lease I expect to save at least ~$10K over something like a Volt or Leaf. The moment the premium for a BEV gets more manageable, I'll trade in my vehicle. I'm hoping a Model 3 will be my next car (that will probably require an exchange rate near parity though, which is hard to envision at this point).

I see nothing wrong with people trying to save ~10% on their fuel costs.
Jun 19, 2010
350 posts
216 upvotes
Vancouver
SuperPaulette wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 4:09 pm
All this is fine and dandy but where are my cards?!?!?
Fine print said up to 7 days
Sep 11, 2006
202 posts
8 upvotes
Did you guys get your egift card yet....ordered this morning but have not receive anything yet
Jun 17, 2007
230 posts
162 upvotes
British Columbia
I'm guessing they're going to send codes by mail, and not by email like ebatesgiftcards.

I woulda went for the Ebates deal to just reload my existing card but wagjag had 4% cb on Ebates. Ebatesgiftcard shop sends you the codes by email to add into the app.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5364 posts
2429 upvotes
Winnipeg
creoledude wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 7:08 pm
Did you guys get your egift card yet....ordered this morning but have not receive anything yet
I ordered last night still nothing...
Nov 23, 2016
45 posts
12 upvotes
Brampton
GiOBoY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 1:30 pm

Me neither... bought this morning and i'm still waiting...

Also no e-gift cards yet too from wagjag
Elanzer wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 7:27 pm
I'm guessing they're going to send codes by mail, and not by email like ebatesgiftcards.

I woulda went for the Ebates deal to just reload my existing card but wagjag had 4% cb on Ebates. Ebatesgiftcard shop sends you the codes by email to add into the app.
This is an Egiftcard which implies via email. There is no way they are actually going to type in almost 1000 emails. It is supposed to be automated and upto 7 days makes no sense. Smells fishy to me
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1259 posts
815 upvotes
As a data point, I had ordered Esso gift cards from Wagjag last December.

I got the gift card codes emailed to me 6 days after I placed the order. Also, the email with the code had landed in the Spam folder of my Gmail. Hoping this comes useful to those who ordered.

So, wagjag is legit. Just that it might take time, and might land in spam folder.

To be clear, my order confirmation email didn't go to spam, but the email with the actual codes links went to the Spam folder, for reasons not known to me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8655 posts
10020 upvotes
GT-EH
serialKickerr wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 8:20 pm
This is an Egiftcard which implies via email. There is no way they are actually going to type in almost 1000 emails. It is supposed to be automated and upto 7 days makes no sense. Smells fishy to me
Ya, they probably got some poor data-entry analyst doing this one by one... lol

Makes sense it would take up to 7 days to process then.

Aside from that... still waiting on my swagbucks for my purchase this morning too...
Decrapifying the X1 Extreme
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Feb 18, 2018
382 posts
564 upvotes
Dam missed the $250 deal the 118 just isn’t worth it for me
Jan 9, 2014
480 posts
347 upvotes
Regina
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 11:19 pm
Dam missed the $250 deal the 118 just isn’t worth it for me
do the ebatesgiftcard deal, not quite as good as wagjag still but still damn good
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24145 posts
1412 upvotes
Markham, ON
my swagbucks got posted about 12 hrs later...all good.

swag is only 6% now...and $250 option is sold out.

FYI...please read the fine print on the offer before asking questions :)
the starbucks $8 for $10 gc from wagjag took 2 weeks to be email to me...as promised on the fine print.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4859 posts
2757 upvotes
Kitchener
50centdollars wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 4:11 pm
I just purchased a new vehicle earlier this year. I am environmentally conscious and wanted to go electric, but the prices are still sky high - even moreso now that the ON provincial incentive is gone. In the end I picked an extremely fuel efficient compact car. Over my lease I expect to save at least ~$10K over something like a Volt or Leaf. The moment the premium for a BEV gets more manageable, I'll trade in my vehicle. I'm hoping a Model 3 will be my next car (that will probably require an exchange rate near parity though, which is hard to envision at this point).

I see nothing wrong with people trying to save ~10% on their fuel costs.
The more you drive, the more you save. You must be driving well below the average person if you can't save money driving an EV. My neighbour is driving a free car and putting $200+ in his pocket every month by driving a Focus Electric vs his old Fusion. My mom and sister are basically driving free LEAFs, my friends are driving a free Volt (5,000km between 40L tank fill ups).

Saving 10% on fuel is pretty amateurish anyways, easy to save 15%+ when you buy CDN Tire gift cards at a 10% discount with a 2% credit card and CDN Tire multiplier coupons. This isn't even a good deal when there are better ones to be had multiple times a year.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5923 posts
1706 upvotes
Montreal
theganguly wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 9:08 pm
As a data point, I had ordered Esso gift cards from Wagjag last December.

I got the gift card codes emailed to me 6 days after I placed the order. Also, the email with the code had landed in the Spam folder of my Gmail. Hoping this comes useful to those who ordered.

So, wagjag is legit. Just that it might take time, and might land in spam folder.

To be clear, my order confirmation email didn't go to spam, but the email with the actual codes links went to the Spam folder, for reasons not known to me.
ebatesgiftcards took a couple of days as well, so Im not worried. Worry when the 7 days have passed as per the fine print.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15494 posts
2472 upvotes
Toronto
Been advised that all the cashback on eBates will be clawed back. Please keep us posted.
RedFlagDeals addict