• Jan 21st, 2018 8:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12479 posts
3035 upvotes
Here 'n There

Wahlberg got $1.5M for 'All the Money' reshoot, Williams paid less than $1,000

Now people are whining that Williams didn't get the same deal as Wahlberg. It's not anyone's fault but hers that she was too stupid to negotiate a good deal

I'm not a fan of Wahlberg (given he loved beating people up when he was a teenager and hurt some really badly with lasting health consequences) but he's way more savvy than Williams.

Exclusive: Wahlberg got $1.5M for 'All the Money' reshoot, Williams paid less than $1,000
60 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3049 posts
853 upvotes
Mississauga
Williams obviously had a crappy agent who negotiated a crappy deal.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1651 posts
518 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:14 am

Normally, that would be the case. But in today's "equality gender pay" society, not so fast. They're going to spin this into the poor female getting less than 1% than her male co-star for the re-shoot because of sexism. So, they will (probably) give her more money, even though it's possible her people did not negotiate a better deal for her.

Out of all professions, acting should be the last on the list for equal gender pay. Some actors are better than others. And that has nothing to do with gender.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:01 am
Now people are whining that Williams didn't get the same deal as Wahlberg. It's not anyone's fault but hers that she was too stupid to negotiate a good deal

I'm not a fan of Wahlberg (given he loved beating people up when he was a teenager and hurt some really badly with lasting health consequences) but he's way more savvy than Williams.

Exclusive: Wahlberg got $1.5M for 'All the Money' reshoot, Williams paid less than $1,000
I am not but you need to get over it. He was 16. people do so many bad things at that age. or even when they are grownup. I am sure you will have more thoughts on this and keep the topic live.
The bottom line is
violent crime he committed aged 16
He served 45 days and when in custody began to turn his life around
Trinh, now a married father reveals he actually lost eye before attack when he served alongside US forces fighting Communists in South Vietnam
Forgiveness: Johnny Trinh was assaulted by actor Mark Wahlberg in 1988. He said that he believed the actor should be allowed a fresh start - and that until MailOnline told him had no idea he was attacked by a celebrity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z53nUdhu8H
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
mrweather wrote:

And to discussion on OP may be she wanted to work free and got token amount of 1000/-. Even union workers in Ontario will charge that for an hour.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4280 posts
121 upvotes
Austin/Markham
If there was a concert featuring Mariah Carey and Webdoctors, and Mariah got $1M and Webdoctors got $10K, would that be gender discrimination? No its because Mariah's a global superstar worth billions.

Moveon.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote:

Both actors are represented by the same agency.
The CEO of this agency, Ari, is whom the character from Entourage was based on.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1774 posts
302 upvotes
Ya, it sure sounds like it's the agency's fault for negotiating such a poor deal for Williams. I'm not sure why some people are suggesting that Wahlberg should do something to fix this issue.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:34 pm
yYa, it sure sounds like it's the agency's fault for negotiating such a poor deal for Williams. I'm not sure why some people are suggesting that Wahlberg should do something to fix this issue.
My understanding is that Williams agreed to do the reshoots for nothing, and bent her schedule, because she strongly believed it was the right thing to do. She was, as an artist, willing to make a sacrifice.

The bigger problem here is that Ridley Scott claimed the actors agreed to do the re-shoots for next to nothing, and this new info seems to indicate such was not the case with Wahlberg.

It will be interesting to see how Scott explains his lie.

Income inequality is really secondary here, though definitely worth mentioning.
The primary issue is how Wahlberg cashed in instead of helping out.

This has nothing to do with agent negotiations.
It is about moral fiber.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1774 posts
302 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:07 pm
My understanding is that Williams agreed to do the reshoots for nothing, and bent her schedule, because she strongly believed it was the right thing to do. She was, as an artist, willing to make a sacrifice.

The bigger problem here is that Ridley Scott claimed the actors agreed to do the re-shoots for next to nothing, and this new info seems to indicate such was not the case with Wahlberg.

It is about moral fiber.
Sounds like Scott needs to explain himself. Either he was lying or given false information.

And I'm all for people getting paid for their work. Sure, Wahlberg's isn't a saint for not doing it for free, but I'm not sure why he's being immoral for getting paid for his time either. The best resolution should have been to take Spacey's salary and pay everyone with it, since he's the reason for reshoots.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14085 posts
979 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:07 pm

It is about moral fiber.
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:15 pm
Sounds like Scott needs to explain himself. Either he was lying or given false information.

And I'm all for people getting paid for their work. Sure, Wahlberg's isn't a saint for not doing it for free, but I'm not sure why he's being immoral for getting paid for his time either. The best resolution should have been to take Spacey's salary and pay everyone with it, since he's the reason for reshoots.
Directors are not involved with a lot of the financial side of movies, that is the producers job. It's likely that Scott was passed information that could have been accurate at the time or what the producers wanted to be passed on.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15070 posts
3049 upvotes
Toronto
Poor negotiation. Simply as that. Has nothing to do with equal pay.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2708 posts
724 upvotes
Global Village
There's too much we don't know, what was their salary for the movie in the 1st place? What did their contracts specify re re-shoots? Did Wahlberg have to reimburse the other producers of Mile 22 for the time he needed to walk away from that and to re-shoot All the $?
All day I dream about sports