Entertainment

Wahlberg got $1.5M for 'All the Money' reshoot, Williams paid less than $1,000

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 1:42 am
Member
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
380 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:45 pm
There's too much we don't know, what was their salary for the movie in the 1st place? What did their contracts specify re re-shoots? Did Wahlberg have to reimburse the other producers of Mile 22 for the time he needed to walk away from that and to re-shoot All the $?
Agreed. I think we are lacking some info here.

With that said, I still agree with the reasoning from this article:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michelle- ... erved-more
Newbie
Apr 29, 2017
72 posts
10 upvotes
Mark doesn't care about #metoo. It's ridiculous to read these tweets. I guess Christopher Plummer didn't get paid either?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 8, 2007
4527 posts
784 upvotes
“They knew”.

They all knew.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 27, 2006
10613 posts
593 upvotes
Scarborough
He negotiated better pay compared to everyone else. It's that simple. What are people complaining about?

I am sure we all have people that we look at and say how does that person make more than me.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
Ojam wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:27 pm
Directors are not involved with a lot of the financial side of movies, that is the producers job. It's likely that Scott was passed information that could have been accurate at the time or what the producers wanted to be passed on.
Ridley Scott was a producer on the film too. Now it's possible that his producing duties were on things not related to the money side of the production, but it's still a bit weird.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
5905 posts
1611 upvotes
Montreal
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:27 pm
He negotiated better pay compared to everyone else. It's that simple. What are people complaining about?

I am sure we all have people that we look at and say how does that person make more than me.
They have the same agent firm, the difference is so large ...

Williams should seek a new agent firm that will work for her interests.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2014
527 posts
118 upvotes
Regina, SK
'HE DOESN'T WORK FOR FREE'

Based on this article it does seem like Ridley wasn't involved in the pay discussion and is surprised now that the issue has come to light.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
200 upvotes
sandeeS wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:51 am
And to discussion on OP may be she wanted to work free and got token amount of 1000/-. Even union workers in Ontario will charge that for an hour.
As I said she clearly said in interview she dont want any money. The only thing is she may not know he is taking 1.5 mil.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 22, 2016
928 posts
180 upvotes
Ontario
Markie Mark didn't want to do the reshoot that's why he was paid so much. Seems he was being loyal Spacey but the money helped.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4607 posts
720 upvotes
I have no dog in this race but it’s interesting how quickly and passionately RFD is defending this. “Oh she negotiated a bad deal!”. Would you say that explains the wage gap between men and women? “Bad negotiating”?
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14322 posts
2606 upvotes
Toronto
Williams needs a new agent simple as that.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
1069 posts
127 upvotes
I see this more as Wahlberg being an absolute money-making machine; this has no reflection on what you may think about how great his movies are...but everything he is in makes tons of money. Michelle Williams hasn't made anything to even begin to compare with that kind of success.

Highest Paid Actor
Most Bankable

He seems to purposely be choosing movie roles that make serious coin, instead of "passion projects". His RT reviews are abysmal recently, but all of his movies make money. The same cannot be said for Michelle Williams.
Member
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
380 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I think this thread is a great example of why fake news has become such a massive problem.
So many people express strong opinions based on intuition, and less on facts.

The calls for a better agent or better negotiating are strong signs of bias.
It's like you can't wrap your head around why she agreed to work for $80 a day.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2011
1481 posts
236 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:01 am
I think this thread is a great example of why fake news has become such a massive problem.
So many people express strong opinions based on intuition, and less on facts.

The calls for a better agent or better negotiating are strong signs of bias.
It's like you can't wrap your head around why she agreed to work for $80 a day.
I think the response in this thread has been reasonable compared to what you'd read on Twitter to these headlines. I don't think people are having a hard time understanding why Williams chose to work for so little. What is unknown is whether she would have done it if she had known other actors were getting paid.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
5514 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Well maybe it's time they set up a minimum pay scale so that every actor knows what the minimum starting pay will be. They can base it on estimated screen time and star power (A-lister vs B & C actors, lead vs supporting roles vs minor roles etc). After that point if their agent can't negotiate for more then that's the actor's problem.

They can't keep blaming the studio or the execs when they find out after the fact.
Besides, Wahlberg has starred in more leading roles than Williams.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Top