Hot Deals

[Wal-mart] Wal-Mart gift card bonus (varying denominations) for signing up to a new mobile phone agreement

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:41 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2013
318 posts
122 upvotes
prairies

Wal-Mart gift card bonus (varying denominations) for signing up to a new mobile phone agreement

Retailer:
Wal-mart
Was at Wal-Mart looking at cell phone promotion. Wal-Mart is offering gift cards of varying denominations on certain cell phones depending on the provider. On top of that some providers are also providing gift cards when signing up. All depends on the combination of hardware and provider.

I see bonus gift cards for denominations of up to $300. A couple of examples are in the images.

My buddy signed up for an LG phone with Rogers or Bell (can't remember which). His phone was $0 And he got a $300 gift card for Wal-Mart.

This can potentially be pretty good deal for some folks. Not sure when the promos expire and not sure if it will rival any BF promos.
Images
  • 20171114_163403.jpg
  • 20171114_163359.jpg
5 replies
Nov 24, 2015
56 posts
19 upvotes
Just a reminder, these company are re-seller (walmart/costco/bestbuy/wireless-wave/etc), PLEASE ask the policy before/after applying for the contract. Don't be tricked just because of the gift card that attracts your attention!

What I mean by policy,
- Manufacture guarantee
- Return/exchange policy
- If taken extra warranty, who do I ask for service for the warranty (ex: are you taking the COSTCO warranty or the contract's warranty)
Because they never explain in detail!?!?!?!?!

Do remember if you have issue, IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBLE OF THE COMPANY (unless it is network/service issue) BUT THE RE-SELLER, because they didn't explain correctly!

Reason I am saying this, because I work for a company and deal a lot of this stuff, and it sickens me, that re-seller would just tell customer to call CS or go to a kiosk and they deal the problem, while re-seller get their commission base.

Now this is good info for new customer.

If you are a old customer who does often this and know the policy by heart, than awesome for you and congrats on the gift card!

Thanks you! If you have read this! :)
Nov 13, 2017
4 posts
any offers for renewing or is this strictly new sign up?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1053 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In most case, the bonus gift cards only for new customer activation
correct me if I am wrong
[OP]
Aug 30, 2013
318 posts
122 upvotes
prairies
Smartchen wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:50 pm
In most case, the bonus gift cards only for new customer activation
correct me if I am wrong
Looking at the image it seems like some providers are offering GC on upgrades. I think that's what the "HUP" stands for.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1053 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto, ON
marcfar wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:00 pm
Looking at the image it seems like some providers are offering GC on upgrades. I think that's what the "HUP" stands for.
Best Buy had a similar offer last Last Black Friday
upgraded my phone and was not eligible for the GC promo, probably WM does it in another way