Fitness and Nutrition

Walking around naked in change rooms, why?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 9:46 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16328 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge

Walking around naked in change rooms, why?

I can't think of the reason why men, majority being seniors walk around the change room in GoodLife.

Do women walk around naked?

I mentioned it to family and friends and was told maybe they're gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
28 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14200 posts
1536 upvotes
Toronto
Old men just don't care. They'll do it whenever they're allowed, and will actually have naked conversations with each other. The only time I've ever been in a change room where old men weren't walking around naked was when some guy brought his young daughter into the YMCA change room with him. I had to hide behind my locker door and change that day because she kept staring at me...

As for the gay theory, my current gym has signs in the change room saying photography of any kind will get your membership revoked. There's definitely a story behind that. Maybe it's an issue, maybe it isn't.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7988 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
Usually it's the older guys that'll walk around naked in the change room.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4524 posts
247 upvotes
Because they're comfortable doing it and don't feel they need to cover up. Sure, I see naked women in the gym change room often. If nudity is allowed in a change room (how could it not be? Lol) then it doesn't bother me at all.

If you (the general you) has issues with naked bodies, that's your issue to deal with. I don't see what one's sexual orientation has to do with nudity. Black Question Mark Ornament
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18796 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
.. haha..at my gym, even the middle aged men are doing it too, shaving, brushing teeth, blowing their hair dry, etc.
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
I am not sure the etiquette to be in Change room here in Canada, but i saw men just do naked without hesitation some time while other time all of them seem suddenly shy and cover well.
In china, it is of all naked, how could you not naked in shower and change? what could possible a guy be shy off at all ? Here with "proliferation" of gxx culture, I am puzzled.

And there are some behave rather intimately in public change room, and they tend to stare at you which make you feel disgusted.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7375 posts
497 upvotes
It's probably because back in the day no one thought nothing about nudity in locker rooms. Now younger guys are so shy for whatever reason or because they don't want to see another guy nude so they just cover up as well.

Depending on the age, maybe the older guys just have to walk around airing themselves out to dry if they have issues with toweling themselves to dry???
Apr 28, 2011
148 posts
113 upvotes
When I started out at goodlife yes it was an overload of meat but after a while whatever...I just got used to it truthfully. And if you ever find yourself talking to them just make sure to never break eye contact because if you do.. ohhh man.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3662 posts
457 upvotes
I have nothing against "naked" in change room , when you go to and from shower ... would I prefer if the towel was around your waist instead on your shoulder ? maybe/probably but mostly don't care ...
but yes some "individuals" are parading back and forth or standing in front of mirror fixing those 2 or 3 hair on their bold head for very looooong time Neutral Face and to those I would suggest put something on your ass if you plan to "hang" around for an hour or more :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4524 posts
247 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:54 am
I have nothing against "naked" in change room , when you go to and from shower ... would I prefer if the towel was around your waist instead on your shoulder ? maybe/probably but mostly don't care ...
but yes some "individuals" are parading back and forth or standing in front of mirror fixing those 2 or 3 hair on their bold head for very looooong time Neutral Face and to those I would suggest put something on your ass if you plan to "hang" around for an hour or more :facepalm:
I'm curious as to why you'd suggest this? The people walking around naked don't have a problem with it.
Sep 2, 2017
126 posts
69 upvotes
Canada
i once saw some guy take a poo in the middle of the change room at goodlife. it was at the st clair location. never step foot in that side of the change room again lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7988 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't hold it in any longer.
ANONYT wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:59 pm
i once saw some guy take a poo in the middle of the change room at goodlife. it was at the st clair location. never step foot in that side of the change room again lol

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3662 posts
457 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 2:58 pm
I'm curious as to why you'd suggest this? The people walking around naked don't have a problem with it.
change rooms are not "nudist resort/beach" (this is not a place for people who "like" to hang around naked ... ) ... again a have nothing against "naked" in "general" ...
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4524 posts
247 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 2:45 pm
change rooms are not "nudist resort/beach" (this is not a place for people who "like" to hang around naked ... ) ... again a have nothing against "naked" in "general" ...
There's nothing g wrong with being naked in a change room. It doesn't sound like they're hanging around loitering or treating it like a beach. Just sounds like they're getting ready nude. It's just a body ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16328 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
I get it you're comfortable but it's not necessary, why can't you wrap a towel or even bring your underwear & towel in the shower like majority do. I/we need to see it.

I don't even walk around in my own house/master bedroom and I get ready in the bathroom.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)