• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 7:18 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
201 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour

Walking shoes

I am not into athletics, so don't attack me if this sounds simple. But I started walking about a month ago. I am up to about 8.5 miles every other day. However, I think I need a good pair of walking shoes. What do you recommend?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21134 posts
6013 upvotes
Toronto
that's a fairly long walk. Good for you !! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

New balance and Sketchers tend to have good walking shoes. But you should still try on different brands to see which one suit you more. btw, the fresh foam type of materials is the latest craze
Jul 26, 2015
935 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
Adidas boosts are my go-to. Been using my Ultra Boosts for walking around all day. Kind of pricy but worth it imo.
I also work in them. I work as a sales associate at *insert company* so I walk around all day helping customers find stuff and lift stuff for them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5468 posts
1175 upvotes
Markham
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 28, 2010
417 posts
138 upvotes
Trans Am wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 6:41 am
I am not into athletics, so don't attack me if this sounds simple. But I started walking about a month ago. I am up to about 8.5 miles every other day. However, I think I need a good pair of walking shoes. What do you recommend?
8.5 miles a day is pretty good! It's not about the distance it's more about the frequency and if you keep that up than you'll be a whole lot healthier by the end of the month!

I bought Merrell's at Sportscheck four years ago. I was new to Merrell's but I'm still wearing them today. Soles didn't break and are still fairly tight. I had to replace the laces but still going strong. There are plenty of good brands out there, I find with hiking / walking shoes you get what you pay for. I think I spent about $90 before taxes and the shoes were normally $119. Good luck and keep walking! :)
Actions speak louder than words
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
201 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 11:53 am
8.5 miles a day is pretty good! It's not about the distance it's more about the frequency and if you keep that up than you'll be a whole lot healthier by the end of the month!

I bought Merrell's at Sportscheck four years ago. I was new to Merrell's but I'm still wearing them today. Soles didn't break and are still fairly tight. I had to replace the laces but still going strong. There are plenty of good brands out there, I find with hiking / walking shoes you get what you pay for. I think I spent about $90 before taxes and the shoes were normally $119. Good luck and keep walking! :)
Thanks for the advice. Think I will go with them

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)