Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

$59 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Starter Pack and Super Mario Odyssey: Starter Pack (Nintendo Switch)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 10:47 am
Apr 2, 2011
540 posts
409 upvotes
Montreal
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Why's it hot? Buy games at shoppers drug mart during 20x pc point event. $80+tax. So in Ontario it would be 90.4. But you get back $26 in points during that event. Total cost after factoring in points 64.4.

This is 59+tax so 66.67.

Then you can save the points until a point event when the points are worth 25-50% more.
This comes with a guide and it's instant money off. Points are great but only if you use it. Seems like many just hoards the points so it becomes counter productive.
Sep 19, 2008
124 posts
56 upvotes
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Why's it hot? Buy games at shoppers drug mart during 20x pc point event. $80+tax. So in Ontario it would be 90.4. But you get back $26 in points during that event. Total cost after factoring in points 64.4.

This is 59+tax so 66.67.

Then you can save the points until a point event when the points are worth 25-50% more.
Good luck finding any games at shoppers. Maybe if you want Mario Party, Fortnite or last year's sports games
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
Guyman wrote:
This comes with a guide and it's instant money off. Points are great but only if you use it. Seems like many just hoards the points so it becomes counter productive.
You hoard until an event where points increase in value. Then you buy a bunch. For example, 140000 for $200 in purchases. That's 2 and a half games before tax. Just got to plan and use accordingly. I'm trying to make the point that if people know how to use the system well they can get nice savings. But yeah shoppers one probably doesn't have a guide.
erebakish wrote:
Good luck finding any games at shoppers. Maybe if you want Mario Party, Fortnite or last year's sports games
My cousin got both botw and odyssey a few weeks ago during a 20x event. You can always pick up the phone and call to see what a store has. There's what feels like 50 shoppers (probably too many lol) in every major city in Canada. Odyssey and botw are games I'm assuming are better stocked. But yeah they're probably stuck with the sports games and more new stuff. I'm not trying to poo poo on this deal. I just want to see all my fellow rfders get the best bang for their buck consistently. Not just during black friday or boxing day or other holidays like that. If you had a switch say 6 months ago you would have had to wait 6 months to get this deal if you waited until black friday. If you used points you can go just like that and get during a 20x day within a few weeks. I wouldn't want to wait 6 months after buying a game system to play what many would say are the two best games on the system.
Oct 3, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
bigfun3 wrote: darn, missed out. Is any other store selling Zelda for $60?
Highway 7 & Yonge, just bought tonight.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1669 posts
217 upvotes
Markham

This is 59+tax so 66.67.

Or you can just save all those points and buy something else with it, instead of wasting it on an item that's already on sale some where else.
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mamabearrina wrote: You shouldve got scanner code of practice and only paid 49.99 stores love when people dont bring it up
I've always been confused how does one bring this up casually assuming they play clueless?
Nov 16, 2018
349 posts
710 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: I've always been confused how does one bring this up casually assuming they play clueless?
I just say thats scanning up more then advertised so jts scanner code of practice . Ive never had to explain what it is i have just noticed they never bring it up if i say its scanning up higher they just fix the price and i let them know that this is scanner code of practice. They cant really fight you on it they might say they want to fo confirm and go see tag in store.
Nov 23, 2009
625 posts
290 upvotes
Mamabearrina wrote: I just say thats scanning up more then advertised so jts scanner code of practice . Ive never had to explain what it is i have just noticed they never bring it up if i say its scanning up higher they just fix the price and i let them know that this is scanner code of practice. They cant really fight you on it they might say they want to fo confirm and go see tag in store.
I've mentioned it one or twice and both times the store clerks claimed they didn't know what I was talking about. Given how little training many employees are receiving nowdays, they might not have been lying. Pretty much every time I go on a shopping trip, I encounter at least one noob employee somewhere who is baffled by normal procedures like returning online orders. So it's not a stretch to imagine they've never heard of a "scanning code of practice" even though their employer is part of it. Maybe the Retail Council of Canada needs to update their policy to give you a FURTHER 10% off if you have to escalate the matter to a manager who knows what you're talking about.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario
Nightfire wrote: I've mentioned it one or twice and both times the store clerks claimed they didn't know what I was talking about. Given how little training many employees are receiving nowdays, they might not have been lying. Pretty much every time I go on a shopping trip, I encounter at least one noob employee somewhere who is baffled by normal procedures like returning online orders. So it's not a stretch to imagine they've never heard of a "scanning code of practice" even though their employer is part of it. Maybe the Retail Council of Canada needs to update their policy to give you a FURTHER 10% off if you have to escalate the matter to a manager who knows what you're talking about.
If that happens you ask them to read with you something that is posted besides pretty much all cash registers at the front. If they still resist, call manager. I had to educate a manager once on it, he had to read it 3 times to understand. If that didn't work I'd call regional manager. I would not leave until I get it, but it all depends on your determination and time.
Images
  • P_20181115_112845_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Andro wrote: If that happens you ask them to read with you something that is posted besides pretty much all cash registers at the front. If they still resist, call manager. I had to educate a manager once on it, he had to read it 3 times to understand. If that didn't work I'd call regional manager. I would not leave until I get it, but it all depends on your determination and time.
I don't think I've ever noticed that at Walmart super centers in North York and Vaughan.
Nov 7, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
kelvint911 wrote: Saw this on Walmart flyer yesterday, thought someone has posted already. Thanks OP
Is it really in the flyer? When I looked at it I only saw it for the regular editions?? so scanner pricing shouldn't work as they are just "matching a competitor" of walmart.ca (they consider the online store a separate entity)

Or is the starter pack the only version of the game now? no "base game"??
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario
johntitor2036 wrote: I don't think I've ever noticed that at Walmart super centers in North York and Vaughan.
Go to the front cash register and you'll see it posted in most/all of them. I have seen it in Vaughan and north York. If you are not looking for it, you may miss it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
Is each game 60 bucks or both? Is each game 30?? Wtf does starter pack mean
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1517 posts
701 upvotes
Victoria
shsiddiq wrote: Is each game 60 bucks or both? Is each game 30?? Wtf does starter pack mean
$60 each. Starter pack comes with some sort of print game guide that's a little different for each game.
Jan 30, 2016
539 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Andro wrote:
Go to the front cash register and you'll see it posted in most/all of them. I have seen it in Vaughan and north York. If you are not looking for it, you may miss it.
I may've just missed it I've been using self checkout alot lately
shsiddiq wrote: Is each game 60 bucks or both? Is each game 30?? Wtf does starter pack mean
I got both this weekend (Mario and Zelda) it's the regular game case in a cardboard box with a strategy type guide( usually a map book).
Last edited by johntitor2036 on Nov 25th, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nov 7, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
Yeah I guess my question doesn't matter as the price matches the flyer now so no more scanner policy adjustments
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3374 posts
973 upvotes
Calgary
I got Odyseey on Amazon last week for $59. Might still be stock. I grabbed Zelda in store and Walmart when I grabbed my PS4. Only had one in stock.
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
Mamabearrina wrote: You shouldve got scanner code of practice and only paid 49.99 stores love when people dont bring it up
I would have but there line was busy with people picking up the spiderman bundle and I was going to be late for work.
Aug 17, 2008
714 posts
94 upvotes
I'm assuming the deal is past? The link in the first post shows its $79
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote: I'm assuming the deal is past? The link in the first post shows its $79
Yes, I believe it ended yesterday. It was from Thursday to Sunday.