Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Walmart: Acer ICONIA A110 7" (Tegra 3) Tablet - $148 w/ free S&H (*DEAL DEAD*)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4793 posts
497 upvotes
djuroganovic wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 8:41 am
I wouldn't stick to Acer $99 B1 tablet announcement, as proved in the past final price is always higher then announced - remember Nexus 7 "under $199" announcement ? Can you get it for under $199 ?
Plus, announced Acer is dual core vs quad core in Iconia A110.

To me bigger problem is that there is no known way to root this device, so i'll keep it for two weeks and just return it if there's no root by then :)
The Nexus 7 is under $199 in the US, I was there last week and saw them for $198.97 at most stores.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
3943 posts
889 upvotes
82 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 8:47 am
The $99.99 N7 rumor is true but it won't be with same spec as the N7 selling right now, it may not even available in North America.

There is "rumor" that Apple is making a low end iphone.
Wait... aren't existing iPhones low end models already?
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1972 posts
104 upvotes
About the Acer Iconia, just how bad is the screen? I keep reading how the screen is not as good as the Nexus which it shouldnt be as we are comparing a 1280 screen to a 1024 but what does it mean in a day to day usage? Do we really notice a difference?
Dec 24, 2007
44 posts
9 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 9:42 am
About the Acer Iconia, just how bad is the screen? I keep reading how the screen is not as good as the Nexus which it shouldnt be as we are comparing a 1280 screen to a 1024 but what does it mean in a day to day usage? Do we really notice a difference?
don't now about nexus, but compared with my playbook it is little bit dimmer - playbook on 30% brightnes is about the same as iconia on 50%. other than that i don't see difference... in any case, it is way better then ainol tablet screen :)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1972 posts
104 upvotes
I was going to get the nexus but at $269 its a bit steep for me.
This Acer seems to fit my bill at $148.00. its going to be used for browsing, playing games and read books. Nothing too fancy.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1360 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
There was a display one at my local Walmart. The screen viewing angles are bad. This tablet is a bad idea.
Dec 24, 2007
44 posts
9 upvotes
xaueious wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:06 am
There was a display one at my local Walmart. The screen viewing angles are bad. This tablet is a bad idea.
well, i'm looking at it right now, and mine is perfectly fine compared to playbook. maybe your local Walmart had a100 on display ?
bottom line is, grab one now when it is on sale - you have 14 days to return it for refund if you change your mind :)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1972 posts
104 upvotes
Djuroganovic,

Thats what I was thinking. Buy it and test it out. Provided I can find it instore. LOL

How is the screen viewing for you?
Dec 24, 2007
44 posts
9 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:28 am
Djuroganovic,

Thats what I was thinking. Buy it and test it out. Provided I can find it instore. LOL

How is the screen viewing for you?
To me, screen is not the problem, it is good enough for me, i can read from screen fine... maybe it's better that it is lower resolution for me, i think that's all subjective anyway.
main problem for me is there is no way to root this tablet yet, so i might return it in few days after all.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2004
4989 posts
915 upvotes
Viewing angles are not great but honestly you usually hold a tablet at a constant angle and it is perfectly fine at 70-90 degrees from your face. This quad core is as snappy as a desktop. Zero lag when loading links. Tsn.ca renders fast and scrolls very smoothly. I side loaded flash from adobe and the browser with the new side menu is a pleasure to use. GPS is very responsive. It's a keeper. HDMI out, bsplayer down mixes DTS in mkvs so its a great portable media player.
Jan 1, 2011
583 posts
126 upvotes
Etobicoke
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 6:44 am
Why wait? At this price before I'd sell it later for lets say $120 (after Tegra 4?), and I'd still get at least $28 worth of enjoyment out of it.
Seriously doubt you can sell a used $148 tablet for $120. Technology is changing too fast for that.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1972 posts
104 upvotes
I got the A110 tonight and I have been playing with it.
The screen looks alright but I dont know what to think of it. Text seems rather small for my old tired eyes.
Not sure if a nexus would look better in that regard. I might get one so I can have it side by side and then return one of them...
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Hmm I would have probably considered this.

But Boxing Day around where I am was terrible though, price changes/advertising in-stores were very poorly handled.. basically not done at all.

I was even in Walmart today and looking around at tablets too! They had some no-name brand on for $148. Litterally no name anywhere on it, no name on sticker, and no description anywhere near lol disply model wouldn't even turn on. Yeah, i'm definetly going to buy something that way..! -_-

I'm pretty sure I was looking at this one too, but it was still priced at $269 according to the sticker! ergh.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1942 posts
335 upvotes
I was going to get the acer and in all honesty for $148 it isn't bad considering some people don't want to spend $269 on a tablet.

Having said that, the Nexus is amazing! I'm so glad the acer's sold out right away and I was too lazy to wake up early cause the Nexus is worth the extra cost.
× < >