Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Walmart: Acer ICONIA A110 7" (Tegra 3) Tablet - $148 w/ free S&H (*DEAL DEAD*)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 16, 2004
259 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
went to staples checked it out today,feel a little heavy and screen is oK. compare this with microsd slot and mini hdmi PORT.
Sep 21, 2001
900 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Spec-wise, this tablet is unbeatable at this price. The screen quality really blows compared to my playbook. It looks like the very old lenovo a1 I had. It's a shame acer uses such a crappy screen on an otherwise great tablet.

It's still a good buy if you can live with the screen.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1883 posts
91 upvotes
The screen really is the achilles heel of this device.
But the thing that surprises me is that the display is quite good, very crisp very clean but it does fall apart with text smaller than a certain size. Thats when the limits of the screen resolution kicks in.
Im still on the fence with the Acer. The price is very compelling and I am really struggling in my mind to pay the money for the nexus 7.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
15964 posts
1407 upvotes
has anyone tried lcd density to change the pixel resolution? say to 200 or 210? that might improve the display/text, i know it worked good with the lenovo A1 tablet

1) does OTG cable work?
2) any JB roms? if not im suprised they haven't rooted/hacked this tablet yet on XDA

biggest PRO is the quad cores and 7.5 hours of battery i think
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10993 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
mikka1989 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:55 am
has anyone tried lcd density to change the pixel resolution? say to 200 or 210? that might improve the display/text, i know it worked good with the lenovo A1 tablet

1) does OTG cable work?
2) any JB roms? if not im suprised they haven't rooted/hacked this tablet yet on XDA

biggest PRO is the quad cores and 7.5 hours of battery i think
Don't you need root access to change the DPI setting?
I would be wary of the 7.5hrs battery life spec. Knowing acer and the previous gen tablet, that's probably with wifi off, lowest brightness setting, and not doing a whole lot. Probably be around 5 hrs if you actually did stuff with the tablet. Won't know for sure until someone tests though. Other tablets have been tested and some come close to their rated life when doing video.
Mar 4, 2008
176 posts
3 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:03 am
The screen really is the achilles heel of this device.
But the thing that surprises me is that the display is quite good, very crisp very clean but it does fall apart with text smaller than a certain size. Thats when the limits of the screen resolution kicks in.
Im still on the fence with the Acer. The price is very compelling and I am really struggling in my mind to pay the money for the nexus 7.
Seriously its not even the resolution....I don't know but when I put it side by side with the Nexus 7...I don't even want to use the Acer...the screen is so nasty.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1883 posts
91 upvotes
I can believe that.
There is something with the screen alright. Another annoyance I have is that the screen does not seem to be very sensitive. I do have to press hard for it to acknowledge.

Funny thing is that I have the LE PAN tablet which is a 10" and has the same resolution and the text is perfectably readable. I thought with the 7" with a smaller screen size for the same resolution it would look crispier and better but it doesnt.
Im not sure why.
Its a shame. I really want to like this machine. The price is just perfect for me, but if Im not happy looking at the screen I cant justify it.
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I would like to know where can I still buy one, in-store or online
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
1883 posts
91 upvotes
probably instore only. At their website check for instore stock, that should give you a pretty good idea where to find one. Thats what I did.
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:23 am
probably instore only. At their website check for instore stock, that should give you a pretty good idea where to find one. Thats what I did.
been checked few store close to me, there was none, and saw many ppl also looking for it too
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6816 posts
1028 upvotes
hey i saw this yesterday at the store! They had 1 box left in the cupboard, must be pretty popular, didn't pick it up tho
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Corleone187 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:04 am
hey i saw this yesterday at the store! They had 1 box left in the cupboard, must be pretty popular, didn't pick it up tho
kindly tell me which store?
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6816 posts
1028 upvotes
old_old_7 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:07 am
it was at STC but there was only 1 box in the cabinet @ 3PM
Apr 2, 2008
962 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
old_old_7 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:07 am
I bought the last one from Agincourt Kenndy/Sheppard yesterday @ 3pm
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:19 am
I bought the last one from Agincourt Kenndy/Sheppard yesterday @ 3pm
I went there pass 2 days, couldn't find any !!!!
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
× < >