Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Walmart: Acer ICONIA A110 7" (Tegra 3) Tablet - $148 w/ free S&H (*DEAL DEAD*)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 12:35 am
its good if all u have is $150 or that is ur budget, but u can get better value for ur dollar paying a few bucks more. a lot of things u have to consider that 8gb is gonna get eaten up quickly and some apps u cant install externally so u are stuck if u have no more space. also it doesnt seem to have a rear camera so u cant take pics. and doesn;t seem to have gps either

but for $150 that is the best u will get i think
No rear camera but it DOES HAVE A GPS
Remember to click the Thanks button if this is helpful to you...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
Just got the A110 thanks to someone here at the forum. I compared it with the Tab 2 and here's my take on the 2.

Screen - The Tab is definitely better as it does not washout as much when you tilt it. To me, it is not a big deal as a 7" is a personal device and you rarely share it with someone else (I find if I view the screen straight on, the screen is comparable). The touch screen is also not as responsive, you have to press it just a little harder to register compare to the Tab or the N7.

Hardware - The A110 has better hardware but I don't use anything so far that I can feel the difference. It is also slightly heavier and the square form factor does make it seems more bulky. No rear camera but it is not a big deal to me.

OS - The A110 has 4.1 JB whereas the Tab only 4.0 ICS for now and I really like JB. Oh and I just can't get use to TouchWiz.

The main thing to me is that the A110 has a HDMI out which I really like as I sold all my older devices and I have nothing to connect to the tv (except laptop) if I want to watch a movie with the kids. I bought the N7 as I thought it has this 'mirrorcast' thing that I can use like the Apple airplay but I guess the technology is not quite there yet.

After using both devices for a week, I prefer the A110 for better hardware, JB and HDMI out. You may choose the Tab if the screen is really important to you.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
lostintransit wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 10:46 pm
It has no problem running games or 1080p movies since its tegra 3. I'm using mx player and hw accel works no problem. Screen looks fine in movies and games.
Speaking of MX Player, does anyone know why if I connect the A110 to a tv, and I have a SRT file for subtitle, the subtitle does not get transmitted to the tv (it still display on the tab itself) when using HW decode but if I change to SW decode, then subtitle does get displayed on the big tv?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5000 posts
1118 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I found this to be a pretty good little tablet that does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it well, even if bought at 199. With a good quad core processor and 1 gig of ram on board it is also quick for it's class. The camera/cameras is always the last consideration for me with these devices as they are usually two small to be of much use on any of them anyway, except for perhaps video chatting and the front camera on this device is more than adequate enough for that. I also found the screen at 7 inches decent enough for front on viewing and have had no trouble with reading text. I use it for the regular internet tasks and also for netflix, movies, and reading mags, books, and comics. Anyone who lets any of the negativity in this thread turn them from buying one is doing themselves a disservice, as mentioned you have 30 days to return it anyways. But on the whole it is as good over all as any other of these types of devices in the 7 inch range and a hole lot better than many others.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
betamaxman wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 1:12 am
I found this to be a pretty good little tablet that does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it well, even if bought at 199. With a good quad core processor and 1 gig of ram on board it is also quick for it's class. The camera/cameras is always the last consideration for me with these devices as they are usually two small to be of much use on any of them anyway, except for perhaps video chatting and the front camera on this device is more than adequate enough for that. I also found the screen at 7 inches decent enough for front on viewing and have had no trouble with reading text. I use it for the regular internet tasks and also for netflix, movies, and reading mags, books, and comics. Anyone who lets any of the negativity in this thread turn them from buying one is doing themselves a disservice, as mentioned you have 30 days to return it anyways. But on the whole it is as good over all as any other of these types of devices in the 7 inch range and a hole lot better than many others.
Just want to confirm, is Walmart's return policy 14 days or 30 days? Because here it shows 14 only:
http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/cat ... urnsPolicy
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Anyone else that has bought the Acer have a weird pink/purple line on the bottom or right side of the screen that overlaps everything?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or not lol, can even see it while playing games. Never really noticed until today after charging, but it's kind of distracting and ugly but can live with it.

Just wondering if it's messed up or if it was there all along haha.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone get a case yet for their Iconia? I'm looking around for cases now. Let me know if you guys find any deals on those.
x2plyx wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 4:51 am
Anyone else that has bought the Acer have a weird pink/purple line on the bottom or right side of the screen that overlaps everything?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or not lol, can even see it while playing games. Never really noticed until today after charging, but it's kind of distracting and ugly but can live with it.

Just wondering if it's messed up or if it was there all along haha.
Sounds like a defect. I'd take it back and exchange it.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2004
4986 posts
915 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 6:37 am
Did anyone get a case yet for their Iconia? I'm looking around for cases now. Let me know if you guys find any deals on those.
This one looks decent. Already had a case that fit my A110, but I might get one still.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
rahzel wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:07 am
This one looks decent. Already had a case that fit my A110, but I might get one still.
This looks like a generic case that fits any 7" tab, wonder how secure would it be?

Which case do you have currently?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2004
4986 posts
915 upvotes
I have another generic 7" case bought off of ebay similar to the one above, but the one above looks a little nicer. It has the same adjustable arm that holds the tablet in place, and it's pretty secure. Only issue is that the speaker is on the back so the sound gets muffled a bit.

edit: heh, this customer review of the above case doesn't give me much confidence.
"Fast shipping, excellent product but not suitable for Accer Iconia A110"
Probably because of the speaker thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Gotta watch it when you buy a generic one side fits all type of case. Bought a 7" Gnarlyfish one on at the source for $4.96 but the case has some really rounded edges so basically no 7"tabs would fit in it.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Nov 25, 2003
992 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
madmox wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 4:55 pm
Back up to $198
at lease they can't email me say out of stock( ordered 2 days ago)
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
× < >