Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: I sent Acer the recordings, will RMA for repair as soon as i get the shipping label. The tech support agent said their technicians will have access to my recording as well, so i guess i don't have to upload to Youtube. I'm in Montreal tho so can't really drop it off in Mississauga lol.
Good luck, let me know what they replace for you so we can compare. Thanks
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: I sent Acer the recordings, will RMA for repair as soon as i get the shipping label. The tech support agent said their technicians will have access to my recording as well, so i guess i don't have to upload to Youtube. I'm in Montreal tho so can't really drop it off in Mississauga lol.
Okee, RMA round #2 for me lol. I just received my new RMA# and will be dropping it off next week.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frugalshopper604 wrote: Okee, RMA round #2 for me lol. I just received my new RMA# and will be dropping it off next week.
Mine probably will still be there when they receive yours. Dunno if i have to do second RMA tho, would be great if they fix the flicker once and for all XD.
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: You dropped it off for round 2 yet? Did they say anything? Lol.
Yes, it took only about a week this time. They replaced with a brand new panel. Every part has now been replaced except for the plastic bezel lol.

Still testing but so far it looks promising.
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: What's the manufacture date in the monitor settings?
I asked them about that, and apparently that doesn't change as it's the firmware version and has nothing to do with panel manufacturer date.

My firmware remains the same.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frugalshopper604 wrote: Yes, it took only about a week this time. They replaced with a brand new panel. Every part has now been replaced except for the plastic bezel lol.

Still testing but so far it looks promising.
Interesting, mine is still in progress. I wonder if Acer will do the same for mine lol.

Edit: Acer said my case is on hold since they don't have parts to fix it. Unlucky Crying Face
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Interesting, mine is still in progress. I wonder if Acer will do the same for mine lol.

Edit: Acer said my case is on hold since they don't have parts to fix it. Unlucky Crying Face
Correction! "Unlucky" is not getting it repaired at all with ZERO parts replaced.

The fact that they are placing your RMA on hold to order parts is a good sign. You're definitely heading in the right direction.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimboski wrote: I think it's time to send mine in lol. Wanted you guys to be the guinea pig so now they'll know how to fix my unit without hesitation..
Wait till they get the parts needed to fix mine, so you don't have to wait. Winking Face
Image
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Any problems so far?
Still running strong *fingers crossed*
Best it has ever been. If it works out, this is one heck of a 1440p deal
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frugalshopper604 wrote: Still running strong *fingers crossed*
Best it has ever been. If it works out, this is one heck of a 1440p deal
Thx for the update, now i can be hopeful that Acer can fix it. Mine is still waiting for parts tho XD
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Thx for the update, now i can be hopeful that Acer can fix it. Mine is still waiting for parts tho XD
No problem. Just be patient with the RMA process. They'll get it taken care of eventually.
I'll keep you guys posted if I see the flicker again. It has been running very well so far on any given settings

Top