Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Oh yea mine was done yesterday, it's otw. But I'm not gonna be home till weekends XD.
Let me know how it runs.
I can definitely say mine is fixed. I haven't had any flickering whatsoever
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like they just replaced the LCD screen for me. I guess it is a per case basis? Gonna test run the screen this weekend when i get back home.
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Looks like they just replaced the LCD screen for me. I guess it is a per case basis? Gonna test run the screen this weekend when i get back home.
That may be all you need.
The mainboard & power supply board didn't do much for me.
The LCD panel is what fixed it. Doesn't hurt to have all 3 though
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Looks like they just replaced the LCD screen for me. I guess it is a per case basis? Gonna test run the screen this weekend when i get back home.
So far so good?
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frugalshopper604 wrote: So far so good?
Yea my screen is working well. It've only been a couple days tho so jury is still out XD.
Oct 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread on and off for the last week or so and wanted to chime in. I got this monitor last week, production date Dec 2018. At first I thought I was good then I got a heavy flicker moment. Hasn't done it like that one time except a small flicker while playing a game.

I am now considering rma but am also skeptical in sending mine in only to be stuck with the same issue. Did Acer acknowledge your issues? They gave me an RMA number and shipping label and said it needs repair. They seemed to kind of take my word for it and moved on.

Is it a fixable issue or should I settle with the unit?
Cheers guys!
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JimboJG wrote: Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread on and off for the last week or so and wanted to chime in. I got this monitor last week, production date Dec 2018. At first I thought I was good then I got a heavy flicker moment. Hasn't done it like that one time except a small flicker while playing a game.

I am now considering rma but am also skeptical in sending mine in only to be stuck with the same issue. Did Acer acknowledge your issues? They gave me an RMA number and shipping label and said it needs repair. They seemed to kind of take my word for it and moved on.

Cheers guys!
If you gonna send yours in for RMA, it's beneficial to have picture and video proof of the issue. simply open an online chat and upload your proof there. That way you can be sure Acer will fix the screen, and not shipping it back to you saying they can't reproduce it. Mine flickered very intermittently (3-4 times in 60+ hours), and Acer still fixed it since i got the everything on tape.

And yes it is fixable, as @frugalshopper604 stated Acer pretty much replaced his whole monitor. I'm still testing mine but so far so good, they replaced the LCD panel for my case.
Good luck Thumbs Up Sign
Last edited by LockAndKey on Oct 22nd, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Awesome. Yeah I have that flicker moment recorded on my phone. I'll definitely open up a chat and provide them the proof. Thanks for letting me know how it went for ya! I'll report back on my repair for future buyers. Cheers!
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
JimboJG wrote: Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread on and off for the last week or so and wanted to chime in. I got this monitor last week, production date Dec 2018. At first I thought I was good then I got a heavy flicker moment. Hasn't done it like that one time except a small flicker while playing a game.

Cheers guys!
Definitely don't settle. You paid for a working unit, and so it is your consumer right to exercise the 3 year warranty. They will fix it. Like Lock said, you need proof because they themselves won't have the time to sit there for 6 consecutive hours to wait for your flicker.

The more evidence you can provide, the better. It'll save them time as they'll know what to replace immediately rather wasting endless hours waiting for your flicker.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your new monitor. It's an absolute steal of a deal for us now that Acer has it all sorted out
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Yep, seems like Acer knows what they're doing lmao XD
Awesome
Mine is still going strong as well.
What a deal! Lol