Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Oct 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
I've received my monitor back from repair today. Only the LCD display was done on mine as well. They couldn't reproduce my issue but my video proof was enough for them to do something. no flickers yet but still too early to tell, though I am hopeful.
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
JimboJG wrote: I've received my monitor back from repair today. Only the LCD display was done on mine as well. They couldn't reproduce my issue but my video proof was enough for them to do something. no flickers yet but still too early to tell, though I am hopeful.
It should be good no worries
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
JimboJG wrote: I've received my monitor back from repair today. Only the LCD display was done on mine as well. They couldn't reproduce my issue but my video proof was enough for them to do something. no flickers yet but still too early to tell, though I am hopeful.
What was the turnaround time from when they received your monitor?
Oct 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
I sent it Tuesday the 29th and received it today at noon. Very quick and they packaged it extremely well. Easiest rma I've had to do. I am about an hour away from the Mississauga location though.
Sep 23, 2014
564 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yea looks like they know exactly what the problem was, and the fix for it. Mine is still going strong, no more flickers when waking up, or from screen wobbling. Such a great deal, i shoulda get another for dual set up lmao.
Oct 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Let us know how it goes for you! Mine is still good after tons of hours on the new Call of Duty at 144hz.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
Timeline:
Oct 4th - Sent Monitor
Oct 5th - Acer Received Monitor
Oct 8th - "Ready to Ship" email from Acer

Will probably get the monitor on Tuesday, assuming FedEx picks up the package on Monday unless they picked it up today. It says on the repair status case that it's marked as "shipped", quick turnaround time, impressive.
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Timeline:
Oct 4th - Sent Monitor
Oct 5th - Acer Received Monitor
Oct 8th - "Ready to Ship" email from Acer

Will probably get the monitor on Tuesday, assuming FedEx picks up the package on Monday unless they picked it up today. It says on the repair status case that it's marked as "shipped", quick turnaround time, impressive.
Because they know our issue now and know exactly which part to replace Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

I'm sure all the depots communicate with one another
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
So i just got mine back but i don't think they changed anything?

Diagnosis:
"Your monitor tested for 4 days on all 3 ports and display working fine. Please check your cable and video card."

Spares Parts Replaced:
Blank

Just plugged it in as i'm typing this, i sent multiple videos of the flickering and made sure to put a note in the system confirming that the rep i was talking to confirmed there are flickers present. But this wasn't noted on the "problem description" on the repair report i got back from them. They didn't reset the hour usage on the panel, still shows the absurd amount of hours i've used it for lol.
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: So i just got mine back but i don't think they changed anything?

Diagnosis:
"Your monitor tested for 4 days on all 3 ports and display working fine. Please check your cable and video card."

Spares Parts Replaced:
Blank

Just plugged it in as i'm typing this, i sent multiple videos of the flickering and made sure to put a note in the system confirming that the rep i was talking to confirmed there are flickers present. But this wasn't noted on the "problem description" on the repair report i got back from them. They didn't reset the hour usage on the panel, still shows the absurd amount of hours i've used it for lol.
It sounds like your online Acer rep didn't communicate any of this to your depot. The "problem description" should detail to a certain degree of what was discussed between you and the rep.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: It sounds like your online Acer rep didn't communicate any of this to your depot. The "problem description" should detail to a certain degree of what was discussed between you and the rep.
Yeah.. Might have to send it in again which sucks. I told them before i sent it in to put it in the notes for the rep to see and also the day that the monitor was delivered to them. It feels as though there are less flickering though lol. Usually i see them a couple of times per hour but i think i've only seen one in the past few, might be me seeing things though.
Aug 20, 2019
109 posts
100 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Yeah.. Might have to send it in again which sucks. I told them before i sent it in to put it in the notes for the rep to see and also the day that the monitor was delivered to them. It feels as though there are less flickering though lol. Usually i see them a couple of times per hour but i think i've only seen one in the past few, might be me seeing things though.
Lol, it's probably just coincidence. I was fooled before by the temperamental nature of this issue, but rest assured the flickering is still there unless they physically replace the panel for you. No parts used on their report equals no joy, and their report reflects that as they said so themselves that they tested 4 days on all 3 ports with zero anomalies. They did what we all initially feared when we RMA'd... (they gave it right back to you without doing a thing)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47374 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: Lol, it's probably just coincidence. I was fooled before by the temperamental nature of this issue, but rest assured the flickering is still there unless they physically replace the panel for you. No parts used on their report equals no joy, and their report reflects that as they said so themselves that they tested 4 days on all 3 ports with zero anomalies. They did what we all initially feared when we RMA'd... (they gave it right back to you without doing a thing)
The box they shipped it in sending it back to me was huge lol. There was more foam padding than the monitor itself.