Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Walmart/Amazon USA] - Verizon Moto E4 - $39.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 11:58 pm
Nov 28, 2016
14 posts
1 upvote
I just got this phone. Any idea how to remove the damn verizon sim card? I can't slide it out....
Sep 27, 2012
263 posts
112 upvotes
YVR
radiuju wrote: I just got this phone. Any idea how to remove the damn verizon sim card? I can't slide it out....
I used my edge of my nail to push it down enough to slide out.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2882 posts
356 upvotes
GVR
radiuju wrote: I just got this phone. Any idea how to remove the damn verizon sim card? I can't slide it out....
use a knife or blade to cut a small indent on the sim card, and then use your nails pull it out.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: I don't understand why Amazon.com doesn't just cancel the orders if they can't ship them.
I just got an email from amazon to approve the delayed shipping LMAO
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to Niagara Falls this week, and I'm wondering if I should run across the border and pick one up in-store, since my Amazon.com order probably will never come. At Target, it's now $59.99 USD (Walmart is much more expensive), so say $90 CAD after HST being paid at the border. A $65 CAD E4 from Amazon.com shipped to my door was a no brainer for a backup phone or to give my kid. But since Amazon will probably cancel the order, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort of crossing the border, driving around, dealing with lineups both ways at the border crossing, etc. so I'm looking for opinions.

Question for people who have been using the Verizon E4, what do you think about it so far? I think the only issue I've read about is the Verizon apps re-appearing and no firmware updates from Verizon since you don't want them to do something that keep it from working in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
Chocoflakes wrote: I can confirm it does work on Freedom after unlocking.

For some reason it doesn’t show “freedom” in the upper left corner of the screen. It only says “home”.
Can you tell me the exact steps you got it unlocked and use on Freedom? I don't want to mess it up.
Sep 27, 2012
263 posts
112 upvotes
YVR
redflagged2006 wrote: Can you tell me the exact steps you got it unlocked and use on Freedom? I don't want to mess it up.
The thread summary on page one gives instructions on how to unlock the phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
shiire wrote: The thread summary on page one gives instructions on how to unlock the phone.
Just wasn't sure if I can power on the device without the Verizon SIM and temporary use it while waiting for waiting for unlock... can I?
Sep 27, 2012
263 posts
112 upvotes
YVR
redflagged2006 wrote: Just wasn't sure if I can power on the device without the Verizon SIM and temporary use it while waiting for waiting for unlock... can I?
I don't see why you couldn't? It would be like an mp3 player/iPod, more or less.
Nov 16, 2005
248 posts
11 upvotes
just got the Verizon E4 and waiting for unlock code from Ebay (why can seller send the code via email instaed of postal mail). I have pulled the Verizon sim out before its first boot, it looks as expected. While waiting for unlock code arrive, can I go ahead to do the debloat?. The system update claimed the phone is up-to-date, is it really updated while I have Wifi connected (without unlocked and correct sim) ?
Sep 27, 2012
263 posts
112 upvotes
YVR
nice4 wrote: just got the Verizon E4 and waiting for unlock code from Ebay (why can seller send the code via email instaed of postal mail). I have pulled the Verizon sim out before its first boot, it looks as expected. While waiting for unlock code arrive, can I go ahead to do the debloat?. The system update claimed the phone is up-to-date, is it really updated while I have Wifi connected (without unlocked and correct sim) ?
I'm pretty sure that you can debloat the phone w/o having it unlocked. Don't know about updates, but I would imagine that the updates could be pushed over wifi?
Apr 7, 2016
120 posts
134 upvotes
Regarding Freedom, I want to let you guys know I purchased one back in October, debloated it with the instructions provided on the first page and is working flawless. I'm on a grandfather plan too and get LTE without issues, did have to configure Freedom's APN settings.Image
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
Does Freedom Mobile offer free SIM card updates (have micro, need nano)? If not, how much?

Does LTE require a new SIM? Current SIM is from 2012-ish..
coo_rew wrote: Just an update, I acquired a Freedom Mobile LTE sim and confirm that LTE and 3G work on the my unlocked prepaid Verizon Moto E4, XT1767. The LTE Discovery app shows I'm connected to Freedom LTE on Band 3 but that is probably an error, since Band 66
Bxp360 wrote: Regarding Freedom, I want to let you guys know I purchased one back in October, debloated it with the instructions provided on the first page and is working flawless. I'm on a grandfather plan too and get LTE without issues, did have to configure Freedom's APN settings.Image
Apr 7, 2016
120 posts
134 upvotes
The LTE shouldn't require a new sim, mine's from 2016. They charge $10 for a sim replacement. I have a friend that's using a sim from 2014 and it's working perfectly fine with LTE.
Dec 4, 2013
899 posts
464 upvotes
WestGTA
I guess I'm the only one who got a dud. my Google services keeps stopping, crashes randomly. Sigh
Apr 7, 2016
120 posts
134 upvotes
cricketfan wrote: I guess I'm the only one who got a dud. my Google services keeps stopping, crashes randomly. Sigh
Hey criketfan, I was experiencing the same issue recently. Here's what I did to resolve it.
Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Clear Cache & Uninstall Updates

It will revert your Google Play Store to stock version that came with the device, don't worry all your applications will still be there, and it should stop the Google Play services crashed error message.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1695 posts
467 upvotes
Bxp360 wrote: The LTE shouldn't require a new sim, mine's from 2016. They charge $10 for a sim replacement. I have a friend that's using a sim from 2014 and it's working perfectly fine with LTE.
Freedom gave me a free sim :)

Pop it in and it worked from first boot, no settings need to change.
Apr 7, 2016
120 posts
134 upvotes
redflagged2006 wrote: Freedom gave me a free sim :)

Pop it in and it worked from first boot, no settings need to change.
Awesome man! I guess due to LTE being on most plans, no need to change settings anymore. Kudos