Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Walmart/Amazon USA] - Verizon Moto E4 - $39.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 11:58 pm
Nov 26, 2004
212 posts
38 upvotes
I'm having the same issue with my two Moto E4s, so I did some research. Someone had success getting rid of this on their Samsung Galaxy by installing a package disabler:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-q ... -j327.html

The package disabler mentioned in the above link appears to be for a Samsung, but if anyone finds one that fixes the error message on the Moto, please let us know.
May 19, 2006
105 posts
335 upvotes
I don't have this phone any longer, so I can't test, but someone on XDA developers suggested the following:
I had the same problem as well but I found a way to get rid of it, you gotta disable the My Verizon app and then 1 settings then mobile networks then network mode and set the global off to LTE/GSM/UMTS and then it will not pop up anymore, your welcome.
Original link to post on XDA

I hope that works for you.
cloneman wrote: Recently I have started getting this message (nag screen) error 1001 even though the phone still works properly.

I tried disabling the 2 Verizon apps (cloud + the other one) but it still happens

IMG_20190922_122730667~2.jpg
Nov 26, 2004
212 posts
38 upvotes
Okay, this is what worked for me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpo ... ostcount=9
I actually got online with Motorola because I knew that the app causing this nightmare was Verizon Login . The problem is that I debloated all my Verizon and the problem still occurred. But then by going through Settings | Apps | ... |Show System, I say the bugger was still there. I disabled it and the problem was solved. Of course this worked for me because I'm on an unblocked phone and note using Verizon.
When I did the deep dive into system settings, I found that the Verizon Login app was indeed not disabled. Upon fixing that, I haven't had the message come up again.
May 19, 2006
105 posts
335 upvotes
I created the debloat process linked in the first post of this thread. I did not include the Verizon Login app in the debloat script because it was rumoured to cause issues with LTE connectivity. If you do get a chance to test it over the next few days and don't notice any LTE issues, let me know and I can update the debloat script to include the Verizon Login app.
CatWoman wrote: Okay, this is what worked for me:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpo ... ostcount=9

When I did the deep dive into system settings, I found that the Verizon Login app was indeed not disabled. Upon fixing that, I haven't had the message come up again.
Nov 26, 2004
212 posts
38 upvotes
Thank you so much for creating that script!

So far, I haven't had any problems with the Verizon Login app being disabled, but I also don't use my two Moto E4s with data. Just calls and WIFI, if that factors in at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1726 posts
685 upvotes
so far no popups since disabling verizon login app and i only use the phone on wifi
May 19, 2006
105 posts
335 upvotes
CatWoman wrote: Thank you so much for creating that script!

So far, I haven't had any problems with the Verizon Login app being disabled, but I also don't use my two Moto E4s with data. Just calls and WIFI, if that factors in at all.
Do you mind checking the name of the app? It should start with something like "com.vzw" or "com.verizon" or similar?
Banned
Nov 24, 2019
54 posts
16 upvotes
I am stuck with this phone. Cannot find anyone on ebay to unlock it.

Anyway to unlock it, besides the remote unlocking? Apparently Verizon has cracked down and unlock codes for cheap are no longer available.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2294 posts
720 upvotes
Nova Scotia
It's a long shot but does anyone have a source where I can replace the USB charger port? I can't charge anymore unless I hold a cable a certain way. Go ogling ebay and aliexpress isn't giving much for the xt1767.
Nov 26, 2015
79 posts
54 upvotes
Just thought I'd chime in... I am still using this phone as my daily driver 3 years later. Unlike Android phones of old, the performance has not degraded at all over time. Just the other day however, a tiny strip of white rectangles has appeared over the notification area. It's visible when the screen is off. When on, it's not so bad, maybe a little fuzzy. I thought maybe the battery was swollen, putting pressure on the screen, but it's still fine. I have never dropped or damaged the phone. It could be the LCD failing... Hopefully it doesn't get worse.
Jun 21, 2003
491 posts
359 upvotes
MEANTIME wrote: Just thought I'd chime in... I am still using this phone as my daily driver 3 years later. Unlike Android phones of old, the performance has not degraded at all over time. Just the other day however, a tiny strip of white rectangles has appeared over the notification area. It's visible when the screen is off. When on, it's not so bad, maybe a little fuzzy. I thought maybe the battery was swollen, putting pressure on the screen, but it's still fine. I have never dropped or damaged the phone. It could be the LCD failing... Hopefully it doesn't get worse.
Your digitizer is dying unfortunately. Same strip of rectangles started to appear to my E4 last July and by the middle of August 2019 I had two columns on my screen that were unresponsive to touch. The built in touchscreen tester confirmed this. I had no choice but to use the floating keyboard to type certain letters (s, z,x or 3) or flip the phone to landscape mode.

By October 2019 I was completely annoyed and found a great deal on a used Samsung Note 8.

As much as I've enjoyed the vanilla Android experience on budget Motos (E2 and E4), I'm going to avoid budget Androids going forward and simply buy used flagship phones. The price to performance is night and day.
Nov 26, 2015
79 posts
54 upvotes
Air Jordan wrote: Your digitizer is dying unfortunately. Same strip of rectangles started to appear to my E4 last July and by the middle of August 2019 I had two columns on my screen that were unresponsive to touch. The built in touchscreen tester confirmed this. I had no choice but to use the floating keyboard to type certain letters (s, z,x or 3) or flip the phone to landscape mode.

By October 2019 I was completely annoyed and found a great deal on a used Samsung Note 8.

As much as I've enjoyed the vanilla Android experience on budget Motos (E2 and E4), I'm going to avoid budget Androids going forward and simply buy used flagship phones. The price to performance is night and day.
I will have to watch it and see if gets worse. The area still responds to touch as I confirmed it with the Pointer Location option.

Other than a crappy camera and no always on screen, I have been really happy with this phone. eMMc has come a long way and having at least 2GB ram prevents it from getting slow.

You are not going to find a phone comparable to this one for $40 today. This was one killer deal!
Mar 16, 2010
91 posts
25 upvotes
Oshawa
Hope it's OK to post in this thread; I'll delete if not.

Does anyone have any advice about being stuck in a cycle of Motorola, Lenovo, and Verizon screens when turning on their E4? I'm tempted to attempt a factory reset, but it's my daughter's first phone and she created some stop-motion videos that she wants to keep if possible.

I'm not sure what the cause of this breakdown is; it could be a new update, the fact that I removed one of the Verizon apps from the phone to make space, or age of the device itself.

I have tried the battery removal reset, reboot bootloader, and recovery mode restarts without success, and I'm wondering if the E4 is not finding the Verizon network and then rebooting itself; I'm not close to border, and unable to verify this theory.
May 19, 2006
105 posts
335 upvotes
What do you mean when you say “recovery mode restarts without success”? Are you able to start in recovery mode? What do you see when you try entering recovery?

The fact that you’re not in Verizon’s coverage area makes no difference whatsoever - the phone wouldn’t reboot because of not finding Verizon signal.
icon02 wrote: Hope it's OK to post in this thread; I'll delete if not.

Does anyone have any advice about being stuck in a cycle of Motorola, Lenovo, and Verizon screens when turning on their E4? I'm tempted to attempt a factory reset, but it's my daughter's first phone and she created some stop-motion videos that she wants to keep if possible.

I'm not sure what the cause of this breakdown is; it could be a new update, the fact that I removed one of the Verizon apps from the phone to make space, or age of the device itself.

I have tried the battery removal reset, reboot bootloader, and recovery mode restarts without success, and I'm wondering if the E4 is not finding the Verizon network and then rebooting itself; I'm not close to border, and unable to verify this theory.
Mar 16, 2010
91 posts
25 upvotes
Oshawa
Thanks for the quick response! When I go to safe mode (Down + Power buttons held), and then volume down to find recovery mode, and then press the power button to select, it goes back to the the same cycle of:
1. Motorola powered by Android, Hello Moto
2. Colourful Motorola Screens
3. Lenovo
4. Verizon with flashing dots like it's waiting for something,
... and then Back to the Motorola Screen to restart the cycle.

Safe Mode shows:
Console [NULL}: null
Tools Mode Config: ENABLED
Battery OK
oem_locked
Software status: Official
Connect USB Data Cable

update: Just tried Factory mode with the same result
update 2: Did not previously press up and power button after getting to safe more; will now explore options from Android Recovery Screen; motorola/perry_verizon/perry

Is there an update from SD card that I should attempt to apply? Or just go to Wipe data / factory reset?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)