Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Apple 9.7" iPad Pro Tablet 32GB $600 / 256GB $800

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2017 6:17 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
Sonique wrote: This version doesn't have 120hz display right? Can anyone comment how noticeable this is?
It is quite noticeable if you've used both. The 12.9" pro 1st gen is VERY noticeable and drives me nuts on mine. Personally, as I use this for work everyday, I would buy the 2nd gen. If just for web surfing, games, email etc the 1st gen is fine.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Androidmarshmellow wrote: only gold and rose gold are available
It just like clearance shoes only have few size. But it still a solid deal. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1027 posts
1096 upvotes
Vancouver
mario218 wrote: Are the iPads that much better then other tablets? I'm looking to get one mainly for my kids. Can anyone recommend some tablets for ~4 year old? I also have a ton of shoppers points which would be great to use on a tablet shoppers carries.
The main issue is the lack of apps designed for Android tablets. I think the iPad apps outnumber them 10:1 or something ridiculous like that. As a result you're stuck using apps meant for Android phones with much smaller screens on the tablets.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
AstonM wrote: It is quite noticeable if you've used both. The 12.9" pro 1st gen is VERY noticeable and drives me nuts on mine. Personally, as I use this for work everyday, I would buy the 2nd gen. If just for web surfing, games, email etc the 1st gen is fine.
Where do you notice it the most? With regular use? Watching movies? Playing games?
Jun 17, 2006
413 posts
210 upvotes
Been back and forth on a Pro 9.7" refurb from Apple, the Costco 9.7" 128GB clearance, Comparing the new pro vs. the old pro (this one). Wanted the laminated screen for reflectiveness in a bright environment (car). A9X should be good for a good time to come.

Decided to pull the trigger on a 256GB model for upcoming summer road trip Plex machine (and other iPad type stuff). Thanks OP.
Jul 30, 2015
100 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TBBA29 wrote: I decided to purchase the new 10.5 through education discounts at $839 with free BeatsX.
That's close to $1000 with tax or more if you decide to purchase a cover / screen protector, etc.
Is $1000 worth it for a tablet?

I miss the days when the top iPad model was $499
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
vivibaby wrote: Where do you notice it the most? With regular use? Watching movies? Playing games?
Regular use, it's mostly when scrolling that you notice it.

But ignorance is bliss, if you never use the newer version, you'll be happy with first gen.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
2 GB for this model whereas the 12.9 and 2017 models have 4 GB RAM.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1310 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Where is the cellular version? Can't find it on the website. Is it also on sale?
Nov 25, 2014
539 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shyhermit wrote: Where is the cellular version? Can't find it on the website. Is it also on sale?
unfortunately not... even i was looking for the cellular version of it.. :(
Sep 23, 2009
197 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
so the warranty is 1 year?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
st-d wrote: so the warranty is 1 year?
"Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPad extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone."

from https://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/ipad.html
Jun 6, 2017
315 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mario218 wrote: Are the iPads that much better then other tablets? I'm looking to get one mainly for my kids. Can anyone recommend some tablets for ~4 year old? I also have a ton of shoppers points which would be great to use on a tablet shoppers carries.
I have bought ipad 2017 for my kids and they love it. Parental controls, educational apps, etc. make it great for kids. You could use educational discount if you like ($20). You could take Apple care for added protection. Cost is high but it would last a few years. Thanks.
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
ASLR23 wrote: That's close to $1000 with tax or more if you decide to purchase a cover / screen protector, etc.
Is $1000 worth it for a tablet?

I miss the days when the top iPad model was $499
That's really up to you if it's worth it. Some people get by just fine with the cheaper android tablets, some people will make out ok with the 2017 iPad at $449, while others will appreciate what the Pro line offers. The main selling point for any Apple tablet is the App selection. It's far better than what Android offers. Also keep in mind that the top of the line Samsung Android Tablets (the S line) are always priced the same as the IPad pros from Apple so it isn't just Apple offering some high priced tablets.

In the end I think it's worth it due to my usage needs and wants for a tablet, but yours may be different.

Oh, and resale value on Apple tablets is fantastic if you keep them in good condition. This is always a plus in my mind.
Jun 23, 2012
172 posts
206 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
thx got the last one rose gold 32gb @ my walmart I also had a 100$ walmart gift card so it was a great deal

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)