Hot Deals

[Walmart] Ashlin RFID Blocking Men's Wallet ($10)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2017 1:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2185 posts
11834 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland

[Walmart] Ashlin RFID Blocking Men's Wallet ($10)

https://www.walmart.ca/en/clothing-shoe ... rderBy=ASC

Cheap RFID wallet.

Cost around $56 at Staples
Amazon and other places cost about $18

Still a good looking cheap $10 wallet if you need one. If you like brandnames, this is not good for you.
18 replies
Sep 2, 2010
439 posts
154 upvotes
montreal
Nice find...
I am trying to find something else that I would need to reach the 25$ free post office shipping...
but can't find anything that could be useful right now ...
Feb 16, 2010
358 posts
42 upvotes
Victoria
For comparison sake, bought similar "no name" slim rfid wallet off amazon for $11 lightning deal So far it's holding up to use 6 months in.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8901 posts
720 upvotes
GTA
Misread "RFD" blocking wallet. I think some people need that here :)
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12006 posts
3735 upvotes
Oakville
Out of curiosity - are RFID identity thefts actually a problem? Is this a thing that's actually happening in the wild?
Public Mobile
Koodo
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10937 posts
14418 upvotes
There is shipping charge of $5.97 + $5.00 handling. These fees cost more than the wallet. Don't they do pickups anymore?
Have a nice day!

Jul 20, 2016
393 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote:
May 18th, 2017 3:07 pm
Out of curiosity - are RFID identity thefts actually a problem? Is this a thing that's actually happening in the wild?
I think it's more an issue of Contactless payments than identity-
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jan 13, 2017
1 posts
wearysky wrote:
I think it's more of a peace of mind thing. Better safe than sorry!
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12006 posts
3735 upvotes
Oakville
neonic wrote:
May 18th, 2017 3:59 pm
I think it's more an issue of Contactless payments than identity-
Sorry if I was unclear - I consider CC/Debit card contactless payment info theft to fall into the broader "identity theft" category.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Apr 15, 2006
638 posts
136 upvotes
I just got these rfid blocking cards so I can still use my own wallet. Coupon code if you buy 2 or more! Highest reviews one on Amazon.COM(AMERICAN DEAL)

2 RFID Blocking Cards by RMS Unlimited Goods - The Original Security Card. Protects Your Wallet While You Travel. Complimentary E-books on ID Theft & Repair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0186MTYS2/re ... hzb28JDKJQ
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2353 posts
510 upvotes
Lethbridge
wearysky wrote:
No. At least not this way, IMO. You should still be choosing your wallets based on leather quality and if you prefer bi-fold or tri-fold, lol

Even if a thief were to invest in a high-powered RFID reader, there’s not much they can do with the data without your CIC or pin codes. People should be far more worried about ATM or merchant reader skimming, especially at 3rd party ATM’s.
Nov 8, 2016
119 posts
86 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
It's an overstated problem. Recently was going to buy an RFID wallet and then realized it wasn't that necessary.

If you look at the number of credit cards with RFID, you can’t even represent it statistically. It’s not 0 percent, but it’s so far below 1 percent that it might as well be 0 percent. Part of the problem is that every major credit card vendor came out with its own version, so vendors and merchants had to physically support the same standards. Most people don’t want to have to figure out which vendors support which wireless cards and go get that specific card type.... If you actually have an RFID-enabled credit card, it turns out aluminum foil does the same job, if not better, than an expensive RFID-blocking sleeve. I know I’m going to get email from RFID-blocking vendors saying their products protect better than aluminum foil. No doubt that's true in some cases. (http://www.infoworld.com/article/302342 ... allet.html)

According to Randy Vanderhoof, the executive director of the Smart Card Alliance, says, "We've got six years of history, a hundred million users of these cards, and we haven't seen any documented cases of this kind of fraudulent transaction. The reason we think that's the case is that it's very difficult to monetize this as a criminal." (Quora)

One more source: https://www.distilunion.com/blogs/news/ ... t-to-block
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4600 posts
789 upvotes
Milton
Modern cards with chips are extremely resistant to rfid skimmers. If it was easy to skim cards then chips on cc would not have been implemented.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21249 posts
2197 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Let's put it this way. Instead of getting this wallet, one could just get any wallet and a $1, 25' roll of Alcan. Use that to line the wallet, have lots left over for making hats! :lol: It's hilarious that companies can get away with selling these things for $50+, based on FUD.