[Walmart] "Atoms by Skylink" Garage Door Opener, ½HP, LED light

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2003
300 posts
74 upvotes

[Walmart] "Atoms by Skylink" Garage Door Opener, ½HP, LED light

Walmart has this garage door opener on sale... Only one review, but it seems to be quite positive. Costco sells the same brand, so they're presumably at least okay quality. Skylink has been selling accessories for garage door openers for a long time (I got a replacement remote from them 10+ years back). It's on clearance, but all of my local stores show stock.

I was looking around at them as my 26-year-old garage door opener was having issues, but I seem to have gotten those worked out. But I haven't seen anything else for under $150 for an opener kit. The non-burning-out LED light would be a nice bonus.
2 replies
Sep 11, 2012
68 posts
24 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Thanks op!
Picked one up yesterday (no one had a clue where in the warehouse it was kept and thankfully were found after the right person was found...

Just finished the install in my shed (brand new Lowe’s 7’x8’ sectional, ininsulated, metal door) and it works awesome!
Quiet! Apparently the DC motor is to thank for the quietness. For $98, this is a helluvadeal!

I have installed craftsman chain drive garage door openers and this was honestly waaaayyyy easier as every part of the system is lighter! No need for another set of hands lol

Awesome value. Long term might be a different story. 6 year warranty on the motor

Cheers
Apr 9, 2011
324 posts
111 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
There doesn't seem to be a key code. Can anyone open this?