• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 6:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1784 posts
377 upvotes

[Walmart] Basic Sony earbuds $8

I've used these before and they are pretty good for the price. They are more than cheap dollarama ear buds but they are 10 times as good.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1982 posts
1051 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly, one of my favourite buds back in high school. Throw on a sponge cover and these are great DGAF buds.
Jun 15, 2019
42 posts
55 upvotes
Deal is a bit shit, can't order online :/ Meaning - gotta risk it and go to an actual store with the risk of finding nothing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1784 posts
377 upvotes
rokask wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 10:36 pm
Deal is a bit shit, can't order online :/ Meaning - gotta risk it and go to an actual store with the risk of finding nothing.
You can order online but you have to pay for shipping unless you meet the minimum order value limit of $50
Jan 9, 2018
3 posts
This is an awful deal, i wouldn't have bothered posting this at all.

Plus this model is very outdated and has a very bad cable quality.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7589 posts
1475 upvotes
This is good for people looking for this style since they are now very difficult to find with everyone now selling the ones with rubber/gel insert which doesn't work for some.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Feb 24, 2018
224 posts
112 upvotes
These are AWFUL and overpriced at regular price and I say this as someone who mainly does use earbuds at home. Back in the 2000s, the $8-15 Sony Earbuds were of fairly decent sound quality but these are crap in comparison. Here are some comfortable $5-15 alternatives you can find on AliExpress/********/eBay/Amazon. They're all Chinese/Singaporean earbuds that people like in the audiophile community. Seriously there are hundreds of these earbuds and whether they're $5 or $80 being released in China, most of them will beat this Sony or any earbud you'll find at Dollarama, Staples, Walmart, etc here. I'm talking strictly about earbuds not the in-ear earphones that go in your ear.

Qian39 ($5-7ish USD, small like these but narrow on the side making them ideal for using while you lay down on the side of your head)

Nickehck Vido Earbud ($5 USD with free shipping on AliExpress, these actually have some really good bass to them)

VE Monk Lite (same design/shell as the Qian39 but a few bucks more, include an option with a microphone)

Edifier H180 (more vocal heavy maybe, also have a flat design on the side but slightly bigger than the Qian39)

Senfer PT15 (they have an open-back design)

FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200

TY Hi-Z HP-32
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4438 posts
1328 upvotes
Debtario
You get what you pay for here, manage expectations accordingly. Decent oldskool alternative for those who can't stand IEMs or can't/won't rock portapros.

Hope they make em like they used to, my ancient MDR-E828LP buds are still working since 2005. Bought 3 when I found them for $2 each expecting a disposable product, first pair still going strong after a solid decade of heavy care-free use at the gym on walks, and quickly wrapping up the cord around itself to stash during class. This was before I was introduced to the financially toxic Head-Fi community, until then I was blissfully unaware of audio quality.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1386 posts
669 upvotes
Vancouver
i still take it no matter how cheap or expensive
or how shitty this is
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1686 posts
454 upvotes
mississauga
PHuth2 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 1:14 am

Nickehck Vido Earbud ($5 USD with free shipping on AliExpress, these actually have some really good bass to them)
recently got a pair of vidos for 3.26 cad shipped on ebay.ca https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vido-soundtrack ... z6XkKyGfnw

they're alright, the bass seems nice at first but its not very good imo, and is the weak point on the headphone. 70 hz and under is unnatural.
think first, buy later.
Feb 24, 2018
224 posts
112 upvotes
msz87 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:45 am
recently got a pair of vidos for 3.26 cad shipped on ebay.ca https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vido-soundtrack ... z6XkKyGfnw

they're alright, the bass seems nice at first but its not very good imo, and is the weak point on the headphone. 70 hz and under is unnatural.
That's a good price. I got a PK2 shell, DIY SR16 or something from AliExpress which re my new favourites. Bit pricier at $16 USD but every earbud in that shell generally costs more. I personally care more about a clear sounding bigger soundstage than pure bass and these certainly deliver on that.