Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - Gloss Black $179

May 12, 2014
32 posts
61 upvotes

[Walmart] Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - Gloss Black $179

Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - Gloss Black is now selling at $179

Only 4 Colors left
Grey, Turf Green, Brick Red, Break Blue. (All at $179)

Product Description :
• Connect via Class 1 Bluetooth with your device for wireless listening
• The award-winning sound and design you’ve come to love from Beats
• Up to 40 hours of battery life for multi-day use
• With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
• Adjustable fit with comfort-cushioned ear cups made for everyday use
• Sleek, streamlined design that’s durable and foldable to go everywhere you do
• Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with the multifunction on-ear controls
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 17th, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
Same price at Best Buy.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Jun 3, 2016
275 posts
148 upvotes
Ajax Ont.
How would you know which SDM location will carry these headphones?
With time, everything will go on sale...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
Jaegerjaque wrote: How would you know which SDM location will carry these headphones?

a) by calling

b) by visiting store and asking clerk to check back/storage room

c) by sheer luck ymmv

d) by seeing someone post about it on RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2026 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Inspired14U wrote: Only in the east I believe. In the west they are 199
It's $149 in the West as well. It's on the front page. The ones for $199 are the Studio 3's.
Jan 7, 2010
499 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
How do these compare to the Plantronics backbeat pro 2 for $149 that everyone raves about on RFD? I'm looking or a bluetooth pair of headphones this BF, and I dont really care about noise cancelling. just want strong bluetooth connection with long battery life and of course great sound. Gonna be travelling a lot over the 4 months and need something to worse way, I'm done with wired headphones.
Jan 15, 2018
17 posts
6 upvotes
Are these better than the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC ?
Nov 27, 2017
258 posts
434 upvotes
unfortunately these are terribly uncomfortable and will hurt on your ears eventually. Lot of amazon reviews state the same thing.

Past rfd threads show it's dropped even to $129 in the past
Jan 6, 2018
60 posts
86 upvotes
M41NFR4M3 wrote: Are these better than the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC ?
HiClass wrote: How do these compare to the Plantronics backbeat pro 2 for $149 that everyone raves about on RFD? I'm looking or a bluetooth pair of headphones this BF, and I dont really care about noise cancelling. just want strong bluetooth connection with long battery life and of course great sound. Gonna be travelling a lot over the 4 months and need something to worse way, I'm done with wired headphones.
The only thing Beats are good for is the logo on them. They are nowhere near as good as a similarly priced pair of Sennheisers (the 4.40 and 4.50 I've tried and are much better). I haven't tried the Plantronics backbeat pro 2 myself but I've heard good things about them. If you're for sound quality stay away from Beats, they're overpriced garbage. Even Skullcandy is better.
Banned
Oct 20, 2010
311 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
There will be a lot of hate on the headphones from 'audiophiles' but the beats quality has improved significantly since apple has taken ownership. Beyond that the battery life is the best in the industry. I charge mine like once a month... Not that i use them daily, but I really never need to worry about the battery.
Nov 25, 2016
172 posts
548 upvotes
champagnepapi514 wrote: unfortunately these are terribly uncomfortable and will hurt on your ears eventually. Lot of amazon reviews state the same thing.

Past rfd threads show it's dropped even to $129 in the past
It was a price error from Bestbuy
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2003
1015 posts
458 upvotes
Solo 3s are great. Pairing is awesome with Apple devices, sound quality is very good, battery life is phenomenal.

However it’s true the fit is tight when wearing for long periods of time.

Don’t let Beats haters talk you out of it. Beats have come a long way in the last 5 years. At $149 I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2026 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
salikc9 wrote: There will be a lot of hate on the headphones from 'audiophiles' but the beats quality has improved significantly since apple has taken ownership. Beyond that the battery life is the best in the industry. I charge mine like once a month... Not that i use them daily, but I really never need to worry about the battery.
Not to mention the W1 chip which works flawlessly if you have an iPhone or other Apple devices. I got them during the price error in the summer at Best Buy for $124.99 for the gym and you can throw it in your bag without needing to charge it for weeks.
Jan 7, 2010
499 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
I'll be using with Samsung or Huawei devices majority of the time. Right now the folding ability of beats and longer battery life, may be winning my purchase. But I'm looking at the over ear not on ear beats.
Feb 17, 2016
3 posts
Anybody else experiencing any issues trying to buy these off Walmart online?

I've tried to purchase this twice and they keep cancelling. Called Customer Service, they're giving me some BS reason it's something to do with the credit card, called the bank and they claim nothing is wrong. So wtf?

Thanks for informing about Best Buy!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3422 posts
1895 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M41NFR4M3 wrote: Are these better than the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC ?
these are currently cheaper on Amazon unless you buy the beats at SDM. decision
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4532 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OVOSound wrote: Not to mention the W1 chip which works flawlessly if you have an iPhone or other Apple devices. I got them during the price error in the summer at Best Buy for $124.99 for the gym and you can throw it in your bag without needing to charge it for weeks.
It's really one of those things that make it worth the premium, especially with a large discount. So easy to pair for people aren't tech geeks and the "average" person loves the beats look.

Would i get them for myself? No, but i bought a pair for my SO and she absolutely loves them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)