Hot Deals

[Walmart] Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - Gloss Black $179

Jan 7, 2010
440 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
I'll be using with Samsung or Huawei devices majority of the time. Right now the folding ability of beats and longer battery life, may be winning my purchase. But I'm looking at the over ear not on ear beats.
Feb 17, 2016
3 posts
Anybody else experiencing any issues trying to buy these off Walmart online?

I've tried to purchase this twice and they keep cancelling. Called Customer Service, they're giving me some BS reason it's something to do with the credit card, called the bank and they claim nothing is wrong. So wtf?

Thanks for informing about Best Buy!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1205 posts
292 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M41NFR4M3 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 6:31 pm
Are these better than the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC ?
these are currently cheaper on Amazon unless you buy the beats at SDM. decision
Jan 17, 2009
301 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OVOSound wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 6:56 pm
Not to mention the W1 chip which works flawlessly if you have an iPhone or other Apple devices. I got them during the price error in the summer at Best Buy for $124.99 for the gym and you can throw it in your bag without needing to charge it for weeks.
It's really one of those things that make it worth the premium, especially with a large discount. So easy to pair for people aren't tech geeks and the "average" person loves the beats look.

Would i get them for myself? No, but i bought a pair for my SO and she absolutely loves them.
Jul 18, 2010
83 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I love the sound from my Beats solo 3. Of course they are normally waaaay overpriced but they still sound great. I got mine at SDM super points redemption a while back before the merger with PC. I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up for myself or a gift when the price drops.
Dec 6, 2013
282 posts
216 upvotes
Montreal
champagnepapi514 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 6:31 pm
unfortunately these are terribly uncomfortable and will hurt on your ears eventually. Lot of amazon reviews state the same thing.

Past rfd threads show it's dropped even to $129 in the past
they hurt at first but once the band stretches a little bit they're fine and pretty comfortable actually

I have a pretty big head and i wear them for hours without issue. Having said that, I bought at $129 at BB's pricing error and it'll probably never be at that price in the near future, but $150 sounds pretty good. Or spend another $100 and get the studios, you will notice the difference
2018 cops
  1. Beats Solo3 - $125
  2. LG Ultrawide 29" - $200
  3. Xbox One X - $440
  4. BR Slim Rapid Movement Denim Selvedge Jean - $20
  5. iPad 128gb LTE - $479
  6. Club Monaco Luthrr Plaid Coat $160
Oct 4, 2007
564 posts
84 upvotes
Bought my wife the Studio 3 from Best Buy... my god the mid and high sound really muddy.
Is the Solo better than the Studio in that regard? I thought the Studio is the more premium version :(
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1139 posts
273 upvotes
yangxu wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 9:41 am
Bought my wife the Studio 3 from Best Buy... my god the mid and high sound really muddy.
Is the Solo better than the Studio in that regard? I thought the Studio is the more premium version :(
I think you're paying for the brand name and the features. I like the cheapest Beats the best, the EP. It's about $100. I found it sound better then the most expensive model I could listen to which was $300+. But it had features, the EP just has great sound quality.
Jul 11, 2017
55 posts
37 upvotes
Beats are just overpiced and overated mediocre headphones ,don't fall in to the trap and save your money , personally sennheisers are my favorite.
Dec 5, 2016
140 posts
110 upvotes
Good cans, but the battery drain while turned off (not standby) is insane. 100% to dead in a week. :\
Sep 4, 2017
36 posts
18 upvotes
SDM is selling them for $150 at my SDM (Markham), will BestBuy or Walmart PM these?
Jan 27, 2013
23 posts
9 upvotes
Brossard
Tryed one for a while and they are really uncomfortable and the sound quality is really bad.
Feb 5, 2009
810 posts
46 upvotes
Got BB to price match on the studio 3 .. 180 plus tax :)
Had to call a couple of SDMs to find a store with stock
These will be for Christmas for the kids, but willl probably look for Bose for me any suggestions ?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1139 posts
273 upvotes
dealCker wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 8:59 pm
These will be for Christmas for the kids, but willl probably look for Bose for me any suggestions ?
Say No to Bose. ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)