• Oct 16th, 2018 10:21 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1832 posts
1359 upvotes
Canada
cazzo1980 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:55 am
This was Sunday and Monday. My fault, I didn't look on the site when I was in the store, I assumed it was going to be 9.93. As mentioned, I will go grab a few tonight.
It may have been $25 on Sunday or Monday. Some stores in Ottawa were still selling them at original clearance price until yesterday. Now it most definitely $9.93, as stated on the website inventory check.
Nov 1, 2009
688 posts
147 upvotes
duyh wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm having trouble finding the character tokens anywhere locally .... prices are jacked up on eBay and Amazon. Crying Face
Don't know if Walmart is still selling these.
That's where I got mine.
EB is also selling them but for a higher price $8.99 I believe.
dchimera wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:12 am

Try going to a physical TRU store. I searched online and they only showed character packs for Monopoly Gamer Mario Kart. But I went to the physical store for the hell of it and found Monopoly Gamer packs. $4.99 each, so 2 will cost more than the game. They should be in the section for board games, but wherever they hang little items. EB Games only had Mario Kart characters. I couldn't find anything at my local Walmart. Amazon.ca has a bundle of 3 characters for $20, but I don't know what characters they are.
Which TRU locations?
As I mentioned earlier only found Walmart.ca & local EB (jacked price) to carry them.
I would try Amazon.ca but wasn't sure on their return policy.
Jun 30, 2009
565 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
jay-em wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 3:15 pm
Which TRU locations?
As I mentioned earlier only found Walmart.ca & local EB (jacked price) to carry them.
I would try Amazon.ca but wasn't sure on their return policy.
I only checked the Coquitlam TRU, EB and Walmarts. Well, I didn't try Lougheed Walmart. I might swing by the TRU near work. But I don't know your location so that might not help.
May 30, 2013
221 posts
99 upvotes
Markham
Bought one at TRU Markville, PM'ed, no problem at all.
The store manager seems to know it is $9.93 on Walmart, he did not even check or look into the Walmart website.
Nov 1, 2009
688 posts
147 upvotes
dchimera wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 5:37 pm
I only checked the Coquitlam TRU, EB and Walmarts. Well, I didn't try Lougheed Walmart. I might swing by the TRU near work. But I don't know your location so that might not help.
Got excited thinking it was in the GTA area (Toronto)
Should have checked your profile. (could have answered my own question)
Last I checked there wasn't any around my area.
Thanks for the heads up.
Nov 18, 2015
379 posts
67 upvotes
Kanata, ON
seafish wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:52 am
It may have been $25 on Sunday or Monday. Some stores in Ottawa were still selling them at original clearance price until yesterday. Now it most definitely $9.93, as stated on the website inventory check.
I went in after work, 4pm, there were 3 left, and tag did say 9.93 on them, picked 2 up.
Mar 16, 2008
498 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
jay-em wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 5:58 pm
Got excited thinking it was in the GTA area (Toronto)
Should have checked your profile. (could have answered my own question)
Last I checked there wasn't any around my area.
Thanks for the heads up.
Just found a whole bunch of the character tokens at EB on queen in Brampton. They are selling for $6.99 each.
Aug 12, 2013
220 posts
126 upvotes
Brandon
In Brandon here. Was walking around Walmart when I saw a fat stack of these. I remembered seeing the deal a while ago but when I checked online at the time it said oos. So I decided to grab one and scan it. Sure enough it was the awesome sale price. Thanks op.
May 16, 2007
843 posts
335 upvotes
duyh wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 10:46 pm
Just found a whole bunch of the character tokens at EB on queen in Brampton. They are selling for $6.99 each.
Found them at TRU Brampton too $5. Grabbed Wario and Diddy Kong. They had mostly Luigi, Toad, Boo and Tanooki Mario

I ordered 6 from hasbrotoyshop on eBay as well (shipping within the USA mind you) 3 for $9 (so 2 packs of 3)
Mar 22, 2006
963 posts
135 upvotes
7 games left at Waterdown store. They scan at $9.93
Oct 2, 2005
211 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver/Burnaby Lougheed Mall location has about 10 left kind of hidden behind a column near the mall side cashiers. They are not really in the toy section with the other monopoly games.
Oct 12, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Got one from St Vital, Winnipeg
There are plenty in stock, clearly displayed at $9.93.