Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1453 posts
191 upvotes
Waterloo
GVRtrader wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 6:30 am
Should consider getting some rechargable battery... It saves you money and recyclable = less waste.
I mostly use eneloops and duracell nimh aa/aaa but the 9v are good for smoke alarms etc
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
3993 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Every flyer I look at so far is "we're going to take the unknowing Canadian public as suckers" sales. I believe the RFDer won't have to worry about spending money this year as the Walmart flyer is just another added to the recycling bin.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

Buy One, Get One (BOGO) is not a RFD sale, it's only a sale for people that can't do math
Jun 15, 2011
37816 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ugh, nothing impressive as usual so far from WM and the other retailers. Heck Forza Horizon is cheaper at SDM for $20. Halo 4 pricing is nothing spectacular. I think I'll be going to the US for this Boxing Day.
chimaican wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:15 am
Every flyer I look at so far is "we're going to take the unknowing Canadian public as suckers" sales. I believe the RFDer won't have to worry about spending money this year as the Walmart flyer is just another added to the recycling bin.
+1

However, I do thank the RFD Staff for posting these sales up.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
4722 posts
1021 upvotes
Montreal
So im guessing that Sony sound system is not much of a deal?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4676 posts
1842 upvotes
Winnipeg
Madevilz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:33 am
So im guessing that Sony sound system is not much of a deal?
I'm thinking about that too...
Mar 30, 2009
658 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Agree with you guys. Another disappointment. I typically hit Walmart with my family (our yearly tradition) every boxing day for some TV series and Blu Rays, but this year I will avoid it all together. Nothing worth leaving home for. All that's left is Future Shop and Best Buy. Hope they come through and save BD for us Red Flagger's but that would be like trying to win the lottery LOL. Nearly Impossible but could happen, you never know :)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15182 posts
759 upvotes
Woodbridge
Nothing!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Mar 30, 2009
658 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:26 am
Ugh, nothing impressive as usual so far from WM and the other retailers. Heck Forza Horizon is cheaper at SDM for $20. Halo 4 pricing is nothing spectacular. I think I'll be going to the US for this Boxing Day.

+1

However, I do thank the RFD Staff for posting these sales up.

And to add, the best deal on Forza was Black Friday, where the Yorkdale Microsoft store had it for $14.99. Now this is what I call a Sale
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 12:54 am
Yeah but it was 19 bucks MONTHS ago when it was still barely a new release with high TIV.. plus it came dual packed with GTA4 EFLC.

I mean if you're a gaming newbie and missed THAT insane deal, sure it's a good price.

Also, Rebel T2i for 488 when I can get a T3i with a 50mm lens at the Source for $90 more? T2i's not bad though if you're on a really tight DSLR budget, but I would advise spending the extra money for a better camera and another good lens. Lenses are largely what make the difference with DSLRs and what will eat up your budget fast.
T3i is a worst camera, only a noob with no camera experience will think t3i is better... Any real avid user knows the t2i has the glorified 7d sensor, and the t3i/ 60d/ t4i suffer from alot more Moire...

Ive run plenty of t3i / t2i on my jobs and the t3i always comes out grainier.
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3473 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Not so hot.

I'm looking mainly for games and majority of interest i've already bought for cheaper or are cheaper somewhere else during boxing day.

Forza Horizon is $19 at SDM Dec26-27.
Nov 12, 2010
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
WM is getting cheap, extended warranty on electronics also not good...
Jun 8, 2011
261 posts
159 upvotes
I'm looking to buy a 32inch tv isn't the rca led one for 198 a great deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1318 posts
387 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
indiankaushik wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 9:44 am
Is this a joke?
My thoughts exactly. Boxing Day is dead. I wont be spending a dime. The best deals are had before x-Mas if you have a good eye.
Dec 6, 2009
143 posts
31 upvotes
superfigz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:06 am
I mostly use eneloops and duracell nimh aa/aaa but the 9v are good for smoke alarms etc
If it is batteries you want, and a RCSS store is near you, they may have Energizer 9V 4-packs available for $6.27 or so now. At least they did at the Toronto Don Mills/Eglinton location a couple days ago so YMMV.

EDIT: Energizer sale was last weekend but it is likely comparable battery deals will be available elsewhere .

As far as Boxing Day "sales" go, you know it's a crappy year when Home Outfitters, of all places, beats Wal-Mart in pricing for some items (take the storage ottoman for example, HO was selling similar ones last Sunday for $49.99, which wasn't even as good as the deal on Black Friday when I bought one at the same price and scored a $20 money card for a future purchase on an item I wanted that was drastically reduced in price). My advice is to hold out for the next time the ottoman goes on sale at HO if there is a store near you.
× < >