• Dec 29th, 2012 2:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
193 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 9:42 pm
Not true. Customer service desk is always open. If the customer wants a refund or price adjustment after they have paid, they must go to the customer service desk. Cashiers cannot give refunds.
Yeah, no.

They usually close the CS desk at 11pm these days when they're open 24 hours. They also don't process any returns on boxing day generally.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1279 posts
351 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I picked up the $98 TV stand today. It's a z-line "alora" model, not much info available online but it's a nice solid product. Worth going now to beat the BD sheep rush. The stand fits nice with my 43" Samsung plasma from last year. No more shopping for me in 2012!
Nov 12, 2010
178 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Magnoun wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 10:08 am
I'm looking to buy a 32inch tv isn't the rca led one for 198 a great deal?
WM was selling for $218 in July 2012, so $198 isn't a boxing day deal.

However, a 32" LED for under $200 is worth every penny. I have used it for past 5 months, and I barely find any difference in clarity or color compared to the Sony Bravia I owned before, for less than half the price. So I guess I would buy this if I was looking for an LED TV.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
Keeta Blackmind wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 8:21 pm
If you go to WM now, you could probably skip the 'Boxing Day' madness and get the items in the flyer now. I picked up the Lexar 32G card for $14.88 at the WM in Oshawa on Harmony road as they had them in stock according to their website. I didn't check anything else as that was all I needed.
Checked two stores in Montreal, Lexar 32g cards are not for sale yet. Jean Talon and Brossard (Dix 30 mall). So don't bother yet Montrealers.
Dec 22, 2012
63 posts
Wpegger wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:52 am
Madevilz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:33 am
So im guessing that Sony sound system is not much of a deal?
I'm thinking about that too...
I'm curious about this as well. A friend gave me an Emerson TV and I picked up my first blu ray player (LG BP200) - this is a huge step up from my old 12" CRT with the built-in VHS player :D so it's not like I'm going to be very picky (I've already watched some blu rays on this and am enjoying it a lot) - but I'd like to get something that makes the sound a little more dynamic. If I'm happy with the cheap brand TV and the low-end blu-ray player, is this going to do the trick for me? Keep in mind I could afford around $200 so if anyone's seen anything better (that can be bought online, I am NOT going outside my house on boxing day!), I'd appreciate a pointer. I haven't got a stinking clue about these things so I don't even know what I'm really supposed to be looking for.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1656 posts
69 upvotes
SW Ontario
got the rubbermaid containers (the easy find lid ones in the box) in Chatham, ON on Friday. $8 as noted in the flyer.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2111 posts
285 upvotes
Quebec
rob187 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:01 am
I picked up the $98 TV stand today. It's a z-line "alora" model, not much info available online but it's a nice solid product. Worth going now to beat the BD sheep rush. The stand fits nice with my 43" Samsung plasma from last year. No more shopping for me in 2012!
is it the one in the flyer? because the one on the flyer doesnt look like a Z line at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1002 posts
82 upvotes
rob187 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:01 am
HyperTech wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 9:56 pm
is it the one in the flyer? because the one on the flyer doesnt look like a Z line at all.
I thought so too that its not Z-line. I thought its the following one:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/aria-flat-p ... RCH%3Aaria

rob187, can you please let us know the measurement of the unit, specially the width?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1849 posts
106 upvotes
Ajax
Frameboy wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 11:07 pm
The sale = The fail.
No kidding. Overall this year Canadians are getting hosed. Half of all of the advertised "deals" are already sitting at those prices or cheaper. Are we sure they are not advertising for April Fool's Day?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1494 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
How's that LG 50" LED 120mhz TV for $699? Anybody have any experience with LG?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1279 posts
351 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
blairs1 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:43 pm
got the rubbermaid containers (the easy find lid ones in the box) in Chatham, ON on Friday. $8 as noted in the flyer.
Bought these as well. Saw huge skids of them at 2 locations. Funny enough I remember buying the exact same ones last year.
innacana wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:15 pm
I thought so too that its not Z-line. I thought its the following one:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/aria-flat-p ... RCH%3Aaria

rob187, can you please let us know the measurement of the unit, specially the width?
The bottom shelf is 42" wide. There's a metal frame that holds the unit together and makes contact with the ground on 4 round feet. The bottom shelf is wood and has 5 more feet of its own which can be loosened if your floor is a bit uneven. The 2 upper shelves are glass, clear in the center with a black tinted boarder. The top shelf fits wii and 360 with room to spare. Middle shelf fits full size cable box and a bluray player. Bottom shelf could easily hold a reciever. The box says up to 55" and Id have no second thoughts putting a 55" on the stand as it seems well built. I also own a Z-Line Jaguar stand for my 46" Samsung. I paid twice the price but that stand was well worth it as well, probly twice as sturdy and even better built. I wasn't expecting much from the $98 WM stand but it did definitely surpass my expectations.. And the price is live now so if u want one.. Go today

Oh yeah, and the tv mount swivels left and right. No up/down adjustment, the tv sits at a slight downward angle and it seems perfect how it is.

Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4149 posts
631 upvotes
Quebec
Calmuser wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 11:51 am
the sale is now avail online!
It's avail online since 11:20 !
× < >