Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Creative Airwave BT Speaker (pink) $24.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2015 4:06 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria

[Walmart] Creative Airwave BT Speaker (pink) $24.98

Pretty good deal for a wireless bluetooth speaker with NFC and up to 12 hours of music on a charge. The sound is average at best and its a bit bigger than most in its category, but for 25 bucks you can't go too wrong. The colour will rule it out for most, but its perfect for my daughter to use with her tablet. I saw that Newegg had this on sale for $29.99, and after a bit of searching I found it $5 cheaper at walmart.ca with free shipping to a local Canada Post outlet. Sells for $50+ plus at most retailers and is $99 at a number of others (although not worth anything near that price).
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1650 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, ordered one. Many reviews complain about the power button and lackluster sound quality. Nevertheless, it is a good price and couldn't resist because I have been looking to get a bluetooth speaker for a while.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
I didn't know NFC could be used for a wireless connection. Very cool.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
Wish other colors were available for this price.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
jory29 wrote: I didn't know NFC could be used for a wireless connection. Very cool.
AFAIK NFC is only used for Bluetooth pairing ... it cannot be used for the actual streaming of music.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
Bought one from Best Buy a few months ago when it was the same price and returned it. I wouldn't recommend it, even at this price. Sound quality is very bad, quality of the build looks bad and it's pretty big in size.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1974 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jory29 wrote: I didn't know NFC could be used for a wireless connection. Very cool.
What else is NFC other than a wireless connection?
Jul 27, 2010
29 posts
13 upvotes
gyong3 wrote: Only stock in Ontario is at Guelph. And bottom of the stock check says "*This product is for shipping only."
You can do a in-store pick up and it is free. As you have pointed out the stock is in Guelph, it might take longer to delivery the store that you choose to pick up.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
djdestroyer wrote: What else is NFC other than a wireless connection?
Lol, true... I just thought it was for phone to phone only communication between those phones that had it, to share and transfer pics etc. Now that I think about it, those little white stickers for phones make use of NFC (to perform various tasks such as turn on wifi once home again etc...) NFC never did work with my Samsung though with those stickers, I never did figure out why not. The company sent new ones out but it was still not working right. BT connection on my soundbar to my phone sometimes cuts out and is choppy. I wonder if an NFC connection is more solid overall. Distance is probably less than with BT. Maybe its all the same thing but just diff. frequencies.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
GT!! wrote: AFAIK NFC is only used for Bluetooth pairing ... it cannot be used for the actual streaming of music.
Ohhhhhh... Interesting! I wonder why a device such as this speaker would use it then if BT usually is found and can connect by pairing within the phone or tablet menu.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
GT!! wrote: AFAIK NFC is only used for Bluetooth pairing ... it cannot be used for the actual streaming of music.
That's not actually true -- NFC can be used for streaming but the devices need to be within a inch or so of each other, and as such it is not implemented very widely for this purpose.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
jory29 wrote: Ohhhhhh... Interesting! I wonder why a device such as this speaker would use it then if BT usually is found and can connect by pairing within the phone or tablet menu.
NFC pairing is very quick and convenient when compared to turning on bluetooth and manually connecting to the speaker.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
mwahahaa wrote: That's not actually true -- NFC can be used for streaming but the devices need to be within a inch or so of each other, and as such it is not implemented very widely for this purpose.
Never heard of that. Can you give an example of a product that does this?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
GT!! wrote: Never heard of that. Can you give an example of a product that does this?
After further inquiry I see I am mistaken about NFC media streaming. However, you can transfer data files from device to device with NFC (android beam uses NFC). Theoretically you could also use NFC for music/video streaming, but its limitations when compared to bluetooth (data rate and range) render this impractical. Sorry for any confusion.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
mwahahaa wrote: After further inquiry I see I am mistaken about NFC media streaming. However, you can transfer data files from device to device with NFC (android beam uses NFC). Theoretically you could also use NFC for music/video streaming, but its limitations when compared to bluetooth (data rate and range) render this impractical. Sorry for any confusion.
I did some research also after posting and was surprised to find that the data rate for NFC was so high (over 100 Kbps), and therefore could, in theory at least, support music streaming. So I learned something also :) .