• Jan 7th, 2016 11:28 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2550 posts
1070 upvotes
Ontario

[Walmart.ca] FREE shipping to Canada Post - No minimum purchase required

Walmart is offering free shipping to Canada Post location without any minimum purchase requirement.

Pretty useful deal for those who live far from a Walmart but near a Canada Post. Those who live downtown area's where there's no Walmart would appreciate this deal since groceries usually in downtown areas have such a monopoly.

Topping this, Walmart also will price match other stores, you need to call in AFTER your order is processed.

Shop away! If anyone has feedback/experience on this, let us know!
Images
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
They've been offering this since shortly after Target left.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
I was aware of the free shopping but was not aware of online price matching. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Yeah. Been doing this for like a year. I can't stand going in their stores but will bus stuff sometimes from them online. Ship for free to the post office for pickup (where I have to get my mail anyways). Amazon fulfills way fast though, so I prefer them if price is the same. Otherwise who ever is cheaper. (No min there with prime either)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2619 posts
1110 upvotes
Winnipeg
redgrandam wrote: Yeah. Been doing this for like a year. I can't stand going in their stores but will bus stuff sometimes from them online. Ship for free to the post office for pickup (where I have to get my mail anyways). Amazon fulfills way fast though, so I prefer them if price is the same. Otherwise who ever is cheaper. (No min there with prime either)
Yea, I try to avoid going in their stores now. Tired of being asked 5 times if I'm sure I don't want to sign up for their credit card.

"Would you like to sign up for the walmart credit card?" "No thanks"
"It's free to signup!" "Nah, im ok"
"You'll get $20 off your bill" "Nah"
"Are you sure? Takes just a few minutes" "No im good"
*see's me paying with PC credit card*
"It's just like that credit card your using" "No."
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2550 posts
1070 upvotes
Ontario
canada6999 wrote: Its was always free
I never knew this! I heard of free shipping to home for a while and that they changed to 50$ min.

My grocery shopping is going to change now... No longer limited to one store that doesn't even price match
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
soulchief wrote: Yea, I try to avoid going in their stores now. Tired of being asked 5 times if I'm sure I don't want to sign up for their credit card.

This is my exact same experience. It is horrible.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1599 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
TheMadMax wrote: This is my exact same experience. It is horrible.
Same here. I have been going to the same walmart for years and I see the same cashiers there every week and I'm pretty sure they recognize me by now...but it doesn't stop them from asking me anyway. It's gotten to the point now where I avoid specific cashiers just so I don't have to be harassed by them.

I haven't used flex delivery yet. How do they notify you when your package is ready for pick up? I prefer to have packages sent to a post office vs left at my doorstep. I'm pretty sure the neighborhood kids steal packages when people aren't home during work hours.

**edit**

I just went to the link and watched that flex delivery youtube video. I guess this only works for places that will ship to a PO box which is kind of limiting since not all online retailers will deliver or ship to a PO box.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
gqbluez wrote: Same here. I have been going to the same walmart for years and I see the same cashiers there every week and I'm pretty sure they recognize me by now...but it doesn't stop them from asking me anyway. It's gotten to the point now where I avoid specific cashiers just so I don't have to be harassed by them.

I haven't used flex delivery yet. How do they notify you when your package is ready for pick up? I prefer to have packages sent to a post office vs left at my doorstep. I'm pretty sure the neighborhood kids steal packages when people aren't home during work hours.

**edit**

I just went to the link and watched that flex delivery youtube video. I guess this only works for places that will ship to a PO box which is kind of limiting since not all online retailers will deliver or ship to a PO box.
The canadapost flex delivery is to a 'fake' PO box. Yes. So you need to be able to ship to a PO box. Which would be ANYTHING that shops via canadapost.

The Walmart (and Amazon) version of 'pickup location' of the post office doesn't need a flex delivery address. You just select the post office during checkout and they hold it there under you name.

For both versions you get an email that it's ready for pick. Email includes a form for you to sign for someone else to pick it up for you.

When I pickup at my post office I just say I have a flex delivery to pick up (when I use Amazon or Walmart pickup point. It's a version of flex delivery without the PO box). They put my name into their computer to look up the item and where it is in the post office and they grab it. I don't even usually have to give my name or say anything when I go in now because they recognize me from so many Amazon orders.

I use it with Amazon because I only have a PO box and for some reason Amazon won't do a guaranteed delivery date with a PO box. So I do this so I get the guaranteed delivery date. No delivery to my house with CP.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2975 upvotes
Calgary
soulchief wrote: Yea, I try to avoid going in their stores now. Tired of being asked 5 times if I'm sure I don't want to sign up for their credit card.

whatever one feels about that, dont blame the cashier. they are required by mgmt to asked every customer. blame walmart if one has to > :(
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2347 posts
1121 upvotes
Edmonton
Yeah, Walmart is pretty bad about that.

I get accosted all the time at Superstore and No Frills too by people with clipboards trying to get me to sight up for a PC Mastercard. Thankfully if I tell them I already have one they leave me alone, but man do they dog customers otherwise.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
I just 'told' them my husband has the card to keep their mouth shut...LOL

2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 12, 2014
55 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Though for Wal-Mart it's not exactly FlexDelivery either. Flex requires the consumer to sign up with Canada Post, whereas Wal-Mart has it set up all on their own site.

Most online stores can recognize PO Box addresses to either reject it if the vendor can't handle it, or to give items destined to a PO Box special handling to ensure it gets shipped by Canada Post (in my experience).
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
I just say I already have a Walmart credit card. End of conversation.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3203 posts
1092 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Dynasty12345 wrote: Walmart is offering free shipping to Canada Post location without any minimum purchase requirement.

Pretty useful deal for those who live far from a Walmart but near a Canada Post. Those who live downtown area's where there's no Walmart would appreciate this deal since groceries usually in downtown areas have such a monopoly.

Topping this, Walmart also will price match other stores, you need to call in AFTER your order is processed.

Shop away! If anyone has feedback/experience on this, let us know!
Best Buy sent me a cell phone with free shipping so I tried Wal-Mart for four memory cards costing over $50 for my phone. Shipping was to be $50 to a Canada Post location or $100 to the door. So, The Source was the source of my memory card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)