Shopping Discussion

Is Walmart.ca not using Canada Post anymore?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2015 9:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16602 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto

Is Walmart.ca not using Canada Post anymore?

Ordered something online from Walmart.ca and noticed that they used a company called Precision Home and Office Deliveries Inc to deliver my parcel. Did they switch to this company recently and axed Canada Post?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3522 posts
1473 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I recently got a package from Sameday Courier, I'm in Nova Scotia.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1406 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
I've had ASL deliver a few times, I was going to say it is bigger/heavier items but then I remember CP delivered a bean bag this summer lol

The majority of my orders have many items and nearly ever order is split. Once I had an order split into three different parcels.

I can't make any sense of how Walmart process their online orders at all.
Banned
Oct 29, 2015
190 posts
62 upvotes
None
I ordered a Snow Blower last year and it was delivered in 2-3 days by a NO name company and a guy just wearing regular clothes ( no uniform, no logo ).

There was no WM logo or any other name on either his clothes or the mini truck he was driving. The truck wasn't that big either, more like a small U-Haul type of truck.
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
192 upvotes
Stouffville
Walmart had over a year of close to free service from Canada Post. It was a deal that was greatly in Walmart's favor in hopes of them signing future contracts with the Corporation. I guess this is their way of saying "Thanks for the freebies, but we'll look for a cheaper option"