Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Walmart.ca] Rocksmith 2014 PS3 & XB360 (29.96$) online free ship also in store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2014 11:43 am
Jun 5, 2008
59 posts
59 upvotes

[Walmart.ca] Rocksmith 2014 PS3 & XB360 (29.96$) online free ship also in store YMMV

I found that Rocksmith 2014 (with cable edition) for PS3 & XBOX 360 is 34.99 at Walmart.ca - free shipping. This is a really hot deal considering it normally sells 80$.

The deal is also in store, but stock may be different from store to store. YMMV

* I just bought it in store and I confirm that this item has the tone cable included in the package.

Link (PS3) (In Stock):
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rocksmith-2 ... 0109559239

Link (Xbox 360) (In Stock):
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rocksmith-2 ... 0109559652

It has been reported that some Walmart Stores even offer it at 29,96$, YMMW, good luck hunting!
64 replies
Jan 31, 2008
13 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks! Ordered a PS3 copy.

FYI to others, the comments section for both ps3/xbox confirm that the real tone cable is included (black guitar cover).

Cheers!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Sepipe wrote: Thanks! Ordered a PS3 copy.

FYI to others, the comments section for both ps3/xbox confirm that the real tone cable is included (black guitar cover).

Cheers!
You will need it.

The description though says: "•Get plugged in. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox™ 360®, PS3™, PC, or Mac."

At least WM let you return.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Meanwhile, on AMZ:

"Frequently Bought Together
Buy this with Rocksmith Tone Cable - Xbox 360 Standard Edition today
Buy Together Today: CDN$ 67.36
Total List Price: CDN$ 109.98
You Save: CDN$ 42.62 (39%)"
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1048 posts
853 upvotes
Milton
Great deal. I have the 2013 PS3 version, and it's pretty good. It really does gauge your skill level well and advances you at the right pace. Sadly I haven't kept up with practices.
Jan 18, 2007
276 posts
41 upvotes
St Catharines
Are there any differences between the PS3 and Xbox versions? Does it run better on one or the other? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Tornado F2 wrote: Meanwhile, on AMZ:

"Frequently Bought Together
Buy this with Rocksmith Tone Cable - Xbox 360 Standard Edition today
Buy Together Today: CDN$ 67.36
Total List Price: CDN$ 109.98
You Save: CDN$ 42.62 (39%)"
Pay no attention to Amazonk's "buy together" nonsense. I just looked at a 650VA UPS and they tried to recommend that I buy it together with a 1000VA model. It's just a stupid bot that suggests things it thinks are somehow related to the item you're looking at.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Tornado F2 wrote: You will need it.

The description though says: "•Get plugged in. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is compatible with the original Rocksmith Real Tone Cable that plugs any real guitar** directly into an Xbox™ 360®, PS3™, PC, or Mac."

At least WM let you return.
The placement of the wording may be misleading, but what they're trying to say is that the 2014 version works with the same cable. There's only one cable, with just a standard USB connector that will work with anything that has a USB port (and can run a version of the software of course). All versions work with the same cable. Just make sure you've got at least one cable, whether buying it with the software or separately.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
PapaQBear wrote: Great deal. I have the 2013 PS3 version, and it's pretty good. It really does gauge your skill level well and advances you at the right pace. Sadly I haven't kept up with practices.
If you do get back into it, you can get the 2014 version cheaper as a download and use it with your existing cable. There was a deal posted on RFD recently; it may still be live.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
OakAged wrote: Pay no attention to Amazonk's "buy together" nonsense. I just looked at a 650VA UPS and they tried to recommend that I buy it together with a 1000VA model. It's just a stupid bot that suggests things it thinks are somehow related to the item you're looking at.
I don't generally pay attention to that section. I just thought it was worth noting, esp since I presume returns to AMZ might not be as simple as many of us are used to.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
OakAged wrote: The placement of the wording may be misleading, but what they're trying to say is that the 2014 version works with the same cable. There's only one cable, with just a standard USB connector that will work with anything that has a USB port (and can run a version of the software of course). All versions work with the same cable. Just make sure you've got at least one cable, whether buying it with the software or separately.
I already have the 2013 and 2014 PC versions - and 2 cables - thanks to Target. :)

I should be a guitar god eventually... :D
Jan 31, 2008
13 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
To follow-up, it appears the black guitar cover version includes the cable per the Ubisoft website for Rocksmith:

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-ca/buy/index.aspx

"Rocksmith 2014 Edition
Includes the required Rocksmith Real Tone Cable. For new Rocksmith players."

Whereas the white cover:

"Rocksmith 2014 Edition – “No Cable Included” Version
Does not include the required Rocksmith Real Tone Cable. Intended for players that already have the cable. Saves you $20."
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Tornado F2 wrote: I should be a guitar god eventually... :D
Wull yeah 'cause you can play two guitars at once! :)
When I first saw your post I misread it as "I have both versions and two cables. I should get a guitar eventually..." :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2975 posts
2622 upvotes
Where can I get the cable for cheap? 30$ is too much. thanks
Oct 13, 2007
264 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks OP. Pick one up at store. Now search for a guitar deal :razz: any recommendation?
Mar 9, 2008
263 posts
22 upvotes
Just picked one up at store myself too, also need to search for a guitar deal now. :)
Oct 28, 2003
122 posts
27 upvotes
Picked one up at the Kelowna store today, xbox 360 with cable. Worth people checking out the web site for local store stock, since they seem to be restocking some of the versions.
Aug 28, 2004
64 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Sparky wrote: Picked one up at the Kelowna store today, xbox 360 with cable. Worth people checking out the web site for local store stock, since they seem to be restocking some of the versions.
Just noticed that the xbox version is back in stock online again!

I bought my ibanez guitar via kijiji for $75 with no scratches at all with extra strings, amp cables and a fabric case. According to my research, people always buy guitars thinking they will learn but most never do so they end up selling for cheap on kijiji, especially teenagers whose parents end up selling them once they lose interest. I researched what I needed after going to a couple of guitar stores to try them out (my left hand is too tiny for a regular starter guitar) and knew what I was looking for and how much it retailed for. I don't remember exactly but I think mine was less than half price and no tax.

I did not want to spend the money or have the space for an amp, so I have been using the iRig with my iPad (works with iPhones too). Also cheap new cases are all over eBay.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)