Shopping Discussion

Walmart Canada accepts returns without a receipt(but you need a bank statement)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2009 8:31 pm
Tags:
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
148 upvotes

Walmart Canada accepts returns without a receipt(but you need a bank statement)

I returned an oven(within the warranty period) today at Walmart but I had lost the receipt, and it was within 90 days of purchase.

It is not an officially written policy, but you show up at walmart with your debit card statement or your credit card statement showing the date you bought whatever thing at walmart, they can reprint the receipt for you in approximately 15 minutes.
59 replies
Feb 20, 2009
333 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks good to know just in case!
Walmart has ovens?! :-0
"The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."
- Aristotle Onassis
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
This information is useless here. What the funny folks here love to do is to buy a game at Zellers during a price error and return it to walmart at a higher value and then brag about it in the off-topic. If someone points out the lack of morals, they will reply with a classic "its not my fault if Walmart accepts returns without receipt".
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
1162 posts
2 upvotes
why 15 minutes? it takes that long for the computer to find the record?
[OP]
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
148 upvotes
SassiSrb wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 8:26 pm
Thanks good to know just in case!
Walmart has ovens?! :-0
a toaster oven - lol
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7548 posts
387 upvotes
Scarborough
tet8suo wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 8:31 pm
Yes. If every walmart has 30 tills, they have to search EACH of those tills during a period of time. If you only know the date (and most online statements don't give the time) then it takes a while to go through 30+ tills for all that time... if you DO know the time, you can drop it down to 5-8 minutes ... I know, I've done it before.

I've also taken many SMALL things - shirts that didn't fit, watch that sucked, food that was not very good - back without a receipt ... they just put it on a Giftcard.
No, I do NOT have any Z10's or Z30's left for sale. Stop PM'ing me!
BST Reference: Heatware | RFD
Wins: 2010 - Asus G73Sw-AY1 / 2012 - $50 BB Card in "RFD OT Reboot" / 2013 - MobilSyrup.com Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE from Bell
Nov 13, 2005
665 posts
I once returned a free game that came with my PS3 from DELL to WALMART and got Tiger Woods 08, not only did they take it back, but because my free game was a higher value, I got a gift card for $10 hahahaha
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1782 posts
116 upvotes
Stoe99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 10:55 pm
I once returned a free game that came with my PS3 from DELL to WALMART and got Tiger Woods 08, not only did they take it back, but because my free game was a higher value, I got a gift card for $10 hahahaha
I love it!

Post #3 says it all.

I'm all for a good deal, but it's called Karms kids!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37795 posts
795 upvotes
Richmond Hill
_Allan_ wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 10:35 pm
Yes. If every walmart has 30 tills, they have to search EACH of those tills during a period of time. If you only know the date (and most online statements don't give the time) then it takes a while to go through 30+ tills for all that time... if you DO know the time, you can drop it down to 5-8 minutes ... I know, I've done it before.

I've also taken many SMALL things - shirts that didn't fit, watch that sucked, food that was not very good - back without a receipt ... they just put it on a Giftcard.
WHAT? You'd think they'd have a centralized database...
Check out my BST Threads!Silver Coins
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1276 posts
38 upvotes
Langley
tet8suo wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 8:31 pm
Well if people kept their invoices like they should it would take a lot less time and since Walmart is doing people a favor by looking they have no right to complain anyway.
Stoe99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2009 10:55 pm
So you stole from Walmart or at the very least committed fraud. Congratulations you are a criminal and that is nothing to be proud of.
Feb 20, 2007
639 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Hunter316 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2009 1:02 am
So you stole from Walmart or at the very least committed fraud. Congratulations you are a criminal and that is nothing to be proud of.
If Walmart is so concerned about this, then they should change their policy and always require a receipt to prevent this from happening. Hard to feel sorry for a corporation that tries to monopolize everything, treats their employees like dirt, uses sweatshops, the list goes on and on.

Ever seen the documentary called, "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices"? After watching it, tell me who's the real criminal.
Dec 18, 2008
948 posts
22 upvotes
`you can't justify your criminal immoral behaviour cause of a documentary
Feb 20, 2007
639 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
First off, immoral behavior isn't criminal. Secondly, it's only a crime when you get caught right? Wal-mart has been sued and lost hundreds of cases!

Didn't they know it's prohibited to hire illegal immigrants, prevent women from advancing to higher positions, not hire the disabled? No, Wal-mart spent god knows how much money to defend their actions.

And you tell Stoe99 that he's a very bad guy? lol. For Shame Stoe99, shame on you. Get your priorities straight ppl.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2210 posts
472 upvotes
ngaiden wrote:
Mar 18th, 2009 2:30 am
First off, immoral behavior isn't criminal. Secondly, it's only a crime when you get caught right? Wal-mart has been sued and lost hundreds of cases!

Didn't they know it's prohibited to hire illegal immigrants, prevent women from advancing to higher positions, not hire the disabled? No, Wal-mart spent god knows how much money to defend their actions.

And you tell Stoe99 that he's a very bad guy? lol. For Shame Stoe99, shame on you. Get your priorities straight ppl.
First off, returning an item that you know damn well wasn't bought at Wal-Mart is fraud, and fraud is criminal. Secondly, no, a crime is a crime regardless of whether or not you're caught. Whether or not Wal-Mart is the reincarnation of the devil doesn't matter, fraud is fraud.
Feb 20, 2007
639 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
UnCeo wrote:
Mar 18th, 2009 3:02 am
First off, returning an item that you know damn well wasn't bought at Wal-Mart is fraud, and fraud is criminal. Secondly, no, a crime is a crime regardless of whether or not you're caught. Whether or not Wal-Mart is the reincarnation of the devil doesn't matter, fraud is fraud.
It's their own fault that there's a loophole in their policy and they should very damn well know people will take advantage of it. You think their head offices are playing solitaire all day? Well maybe not the whole day lol.

Crime is not black and white, there are shades of gray. Why do you think wally spends so much in court defenses when they damn well know what they did was wrong? The law is always open to interpretation, that's why there's a court system in the first place.

How many times have you guyz found money on the street and haven't handed it over to the local authorities? Are you considered thieves? After all, the money did not belong to you. Or when the cashier at whatever store gives you too much change back then you were entitled. Do you speak up or keep quiet? This all reminds me of that tv show, "What Would you do?" lol.

Are you guyz the rfd fraud police? lol. If so, maybe you should concentrate your efforts on corporate crimes with ginormous ramifications to society, rather than joe bloe who returned a video game.

Society will never be absent from deviance because humans are by nature imperfect.
× < >