[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
1832 posts
2144 upvotes
Laval
mc_molineux wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:09 am
So, back to the deal... are these hard to find? What part of the store would they be in?
in the electronics dept a lot of stores here in Laval Qc till have the blue one in stock
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1018 posts
154 upvotes
djuroganovic wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:55 am
... or just avoid going places without cellphone coverage with your fitbit :)
Does WalMart sell HR version of fitbit Charge ? Anyone had any luck finding those in store ?
I called a walmart store and they said the Charge HR is $60 and only available in purple...this was in Richmond Hill.
Feb 18, 2014
191 posts
113 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:09 am
So, back to the deal... are these hard to find? What part of the store would they be in?
They are usually in a locked glass cabinet in the cell phone section. I'm in the GTA and there was a decent amount of stock in 2 stores I was at the past week.. but they were priced at $60 (there wasn't anyone around to unlock the case so I didn't bother checking but maybe it'll scan at $40?).

Edit: After seeing kuzi's post... I think it was actually the Fitbit Charge HR that I saw for $60.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2842 posts
307 upvotes
Do either the Charge or Charge HR track sleep? Can anyone comment on that functionality in these products?
Mar 22, 2004
500 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
mc_molineux wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:42 am
Do either the Charge or Charge HR track sleep? Can anyone comment on that functionality in these products?
I know Charge HR does. Pretty sure Charge does too. It doesn't use your HR to track your sleep.
Feb 13, 2005
119 posts
10 upvotes
I've had trouble in the past where the bands of my Charge HR would bubble and peel off. They replaced the original I bought and now the replacement has done the same. Now that it's out of the originals warranty period, I'm offered a 25% code on there site but that's it.

My 2nd just started bubbling last week, and this is a tempting price... but think I'll need to pass just cause they don't seem to last. Had 15 months of usage out of the 2 units.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4338 posts
638 upvotes
Green Lantern wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:15 pm
I've had trouble in the past where the bands of my Charge HR would bubble and peel off. They replaced the original I bought and now the replacement has done the same. Now that it's out of the originals warranty period, I'm offered a 25% code on there site but that's it.

My 2nd just started bubbling last week, and this is a tempting price... but think I'll need to pass just cause they don't seem to last. Had 15 months of usage out of the 2 units.
You can get replacement bands super cheap on Amazon.ca. I wouldn't stop using my device just because of band issues; they're so cheap to replace. My Charge 2 has been fantastic so far, especially with sleep stages updated to it (I'm not sure if the original HR has them...don't think they do).
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
May 11, 2017
21 posts
9 upvotes
HR is on sell also at walmart for $60. If you can find stock, it is a even better deal.
But all of them missing 3rd party notification which is deal breaker for me.
Feb 15, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
You can't change the band on the Charge 1.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3861 posts
564 upvotes
Kingston
boblepp wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:45 am
Do Not Buy Fitbit products.

They ALL require an active internet connection to make even the slightest change using their app. You cannot set the time or even cancel a daily alarm without being online. For city dwellers this is an annoyance only, but for soldiers, sailors, cruise shippers, hikers, campers....well, you get the idea... it's a show stopper. Crossed a time zone? Go online.

They refuse to respond to this years-long user forum post on the issue. All they need do is modify their app but their elitist techies refuse.

Forewarned....
You can enable/disable alarms with the fitbit charge hr 2 without any connections. You just hold the side button. I'm not sure if you can add alarms without tho.

The band is a huge issue. Charge hr and hr 2 both have had the problem. Bubbles every 3 months and needs to be replaced. Warranty replacement is very easy and fast. With the hr they just send you a whole new unit. You don't have to send the defective one back so you could repair yourself and pass it on to your kid or something. The hr 2 they just send you a new band. Other then the band which is a big issue (especially after warranty) they are great. I just can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

I Just checked and Feb 28th is when my first replacement band for the hr 2 was shipped out. Last week I started seeing a bubble on this one forming.

This should not be necessary, but one good thing about the hr2 is that you can buy your own bands and you can buy ones made out of a stronger more durable material. Good for after warranty or if you don't want to have to deal with replacement every 3 months
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4338 posts
638 upvotes
khangt1 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:00 pm
You can't change the band on the Charge 1.
oh shoot really? well then....damn.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Feb 22, 2010
36 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
Saskatoon is out. They were $60. I got the last one yesterday. I have the charge HR 2 right now but bought the charge HR 1 for my daughter. My original charge HR broke twice. The first time was covered under warranty with quick replacement from fitbit. The second time it broke it was off warranty and they gave me 25% off an HR 2 so I decided to try them again after reading reviews on the UA band and other bands. I really like my HR 2....hopefully it lasts longer. Back to the HR, for $60 I don't think you can go wrong even if it only lasts for a year if you are looking for a cheap step counter with heart rate monitor.