Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg

Walmart Canada Photo Centre Website Credit Card Breach

Just saw on the news that Walmart Canada is looking into a possible credit card breach on its online photo centre website. They say it's run by a 3rd party provider.

Here's a globe and mail article on it http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e25422632/

They say they have shut down the website while they investigate this.

So did anyone do the 9 cent prints a while back? Are you concerned?
42 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1815 upvotes
Montreal
A new Equifax 1 year code coming soon ? :P
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Prefer one year Transunion :)
Simple is the best.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Grrr, used them before too, but don't recall if they have my CC saved. Sadly, wouldn't know which CC if so.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
478 upvotes
Burlington
If it is the third party, doesn't Costco uses the same one?
Jun 26, 2012
456 posts
82 upvotes
canada
I am against luddites, but it seems like using cash for most purchases is the only way to avoid these issues... Not that I am going to start using just cash, but sometimes old technology is superior to new technology in certain ways.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1109 posts
120 upvotes
Burlington
That would be Photocentre, of course! No such thing as a Photocenter... ;)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
CenturyBreak wrote: That would be Photocentre, of course! No such thing as a Photocenter... ;)
There is in the U.S.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1109 posts
120 upvotes
Burlington
Cheap Cat wrote: There is in the U.S.
Indeed... but we're discussing Walmart Canada. US misspellings of basic English words don't apply in this case... nor should they anywhere on RFD! ;)
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
F me...i just ordered something during mother's day...

last year it was HD which I was affected as my cc was compromised ...now walmart.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
I just got in my email:"
Dear Valued Walmart Online Photocentre Customer,
We were recently informed of a potential compromise of customer credit card data involving Walmart Canada’s Photocentre website, www.walmartphotocentre.ca, which is operated by a third-party. Our customers’ privacy is of the utmost importance. We immediately launched an investigation and are contacting any customers who may be impacted. As a Walmart Online Photocentre Customer whose transaction may have been affected, we recommend monitoring card transactions closely and contacting your financial institution about any unauthorized charges.
At this time, we have no reason to believe that Walmart.ca, Walmart.com or in-store transactions are affected.
As a precaution while the investigation continues, we have disabled Walmart Canada Photocentre website and mobile applications. We have also notified the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and will continue to work proactively with Canada’s privacy regulators as the investigation continues.
We are also working closely with our vendor and financial partners.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Walmart Canada at
1-888-763-4077."
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: Same email here

was hoping for some FREE Equifax offer .... no luck
Now we need to find a lawyer for Class Action.... :)
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2319 posts
1192 upvotes
BC
Centre is actually a french word.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
froesesp wrote: Centre is actually a french word.
french or english...
if credit card get compromised too many times... even at no customer fault - bank could say you are high risk now... and deny new credit card... almost the same rule as Canadian Passport... if you lost your passport more than three (3) times Gov of Canada have a right to deny passport service or replacement passport for rest of your life.... I'm worry if my bank have the same rule with credit card... as 1- Winners, 2 - Target, 3- HD, now 4- Walmart Photo Centre... I'm not sure about this rule with banks.... but last time Bank CSR was mumbling something to this effect... when I called about home depot breach... and got my credit card replaced.... - any one have any info about this bank rule- please share???
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1109 posts
120 upvotes
Burlington
froesesp wrote: Centre is actually a french word.
International English (including Canadian) as well as French. It's only misspelled "center" in the US... and by folks who don't know how to select the correct dictionary usage in the OS on their phones, tablets or computers. ;)

As I typed "center" in, here and above, it's showing the red squiggles beneath it to remind me we're not in the US! :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)